Is that UV C?

Although, a tent is not 100% air tight so spores can enter from places other than the inline fan and when you open the tent too..

I've heard having UV B lights can help with mould and fungus too, never tried myself though. Also don't think it's going to stop an outbreak of pm but could perhaps help reduce the likelihood of it happening.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Correct PsyClown, C

With regards to the tent, if you are running positive pressure you get more effectiveness of it, but as you point out when the tent is opened it is a gap for entry. 

As always, it's more for the assistance of prevention, as you and I both know if WPM gets its hooks into a grow, it's a pain in the arse and cost so much less to prevent than cure it.

I checked my UV wand, but it doesn't say on bulb if C or B, but it was the very bad one and only used it in bursts of seconds a day when infected with sprays, but had to bath bud as the light wasn't in a case and damaged the plant to much to run on all day.

Edited by StickyD420

The light was on the right hand side for 2 hours and absolutely dried out those leaves the light touched, so much that they broke if touched or the fan was too strong, so it needs to be in a light proof tube basically with air passing through to clean the air.

The day before this those plants looked so good and they stopped growing that much afterwards. 

20181120_130826.jpg

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 1

I should elaborate more for better understanding if anyone needs the details.

I was looking at buying one of those sealed units with UVB bulbs and inlet and outlet fans, you'd often see at the hospitals and so forth, and you'll even see open with grids on, at the butcher's or supermarket, and told my mate I used to assist with growing.

To which he told me soon after, that he found a place for half the price, but the catch was we had to build it, so knowing i like to build stuff said sure thing...

And then came back with this UVC bulb jobby...

15945704893987940415542422028112.jpg

• Like 1

so it needs to be in a light proof tube basically with air passing through to clean the air.

I'm in close contact with the person who owns the patent for this product.

Have 2 units sitting in my lounge right now to be installed in hospitals for testing.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

I should elaborate more for better understanding if anyone needs the details.
I was looking at buying one of those sealed units with UVB bulbs and inlet and outlet fans, you'd often see at the hospitals and so forth, and you'll even see open with grids on, at the butcher's or supermarket, and told my mate I used to assist with growing.
To which he told me soon after, that he found a place for half the price, but the catch was we had to build it, so knowing i like to build stuff said sure thing...
And then came back with this UVC bulb jobby...
15945704893987940415542422028112.thumb.jpg.5797c1ff93e5cf08690b701fcd1a450e.jpg
I'd like to know where to get these lower power uvb bulbs from... Designing a trichome booster lighting rig with UV on a timer for a tent I plan to get and these reptile florescent bulbs seem overpriced...

The Agromax Pure UV seems like the way to go for what I need.

It would be informative to note that the proper hospital sterilisation lights often use harmful UVC rays as well... Keep in mind if you're considering having this around your immediate areas where the light could hit your skin or eyes.

This is the reason the units are sealed and just have an air inlet along with exhaust.

6 minutes ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

It would be informative to note that the proper hospital sterilisation lights often use harmful UVC rays as well... Keep in mind if you're considering having this around your immediate areas where the light could hit your skin or eyes.

This is the reason the units are sealed and just have an air inlet along with exhaust.

Yes, I have made a warning to seal the light of leaks and not to have it exposed. 🤜🤛

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Green said:

I have a friend who struggled with WPM for a long time. He bought an expensive UVC light but it didnt work. He finally won the fight by using sulfer spray and now uses it as a prevention in all his grows. 

This can be extremely harmful, no offending anyone, it's what I understood and you cant go in there till vented well, and other down sides.

This can be extremely harmful, no offending anyone, it's what I understood and you cant go in there till vented well, and other down sides.

I agree... Sulfur fumes can be fatal... If you pass out in that room and no one sees you, you're in trouble.  

And I refuse to believe UVC didn't kill the PWM off... Something was done incorrectly there. Coming from a science background.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is from a very low experience IPM outdoor grower. I was given a product called Orobos with suggestions that it may help. First application seemed to do the trick in flower stage, as we were getting real wet conditions in the nursery with weather.

Subsequently I studied the package info, noting that the ingredients were simple.

Borax + Orange Oil + Surfactant

So as I have loads of Borax here for plant food, I made up a solution of 1tsp Borax in 1 L spring water (heated slightly to dissolve the crystals of Borax) with 10 drops of orange oil and 2 tsp of organic dishwash soap liquid.

This worked for our veg section and is not expensive to make. Battled with flowering plants late in season though. Will be doing it again this next cycle.

Everybody I know suffered PM this last summer season. Maybe we can have a summer school to up the data on IPM this year?

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, 420sake said:

This is from a very low experience IPM outdoor grower. I was given a product called Orobos with suggestions that it may help. First application seemed to do the trick in flower stage, as we were getting real wet conditions in the nursery with weather.

Subsequently I studied the package info, noting that the ingredients were simple.

Borax + Orange Oil + Surfactant

So as I have loads of Borax here for plant food, I made up a solution of 1tsp Borax in 1 L spring water (heated slightly to dissolve the crystals of Borax) with 10 drops of orange oil and 2 tsp of organic dishwash soap liquid.

This worked for our veg section and is not expensive to make. Battled with flowering plants late in season though. Will be doing it again this next cycle.

Everybody I know suffered PM this last summer season. Maybe we can have a summer school to up the data on IPM this year?

That's new thread material bru. Put one up.

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 2