Hi guys. 

I was hoping you could help me out. I think of have mildew on my plants. Could you guys help identify and suggest solutions. I’ve heard that milk and water spray is an option during lights on. I’ll leave some pics as well. There are little white circles on some leaves. I’m in flowering about 4 weeks now. It doesn’t seem to have affect the buds yet and I’ve turned up the dehumidifier in the evenings I was hitting 70 but I have really great air flow. 

please please help. 

9834952A-D765-4409-8787-C4AB9DFF9366.jpeg

PM is a bane to any grower. There are many ways to deal with PM. From just removing the infected leaf, to using bicarb, vinegar etc.

I personally always have neem in my IPM. The neem stimulates the plants immune system, increases resistance.

For PM specifically  though, I like spraying a bicarb solution onto the areas with good results. 1tsp dissolved in 1l. Add a drop or two of sunlight as surfactant and spray infected leaves top and bottom.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

As @Totemic has said, spot on.

Remove the leaves infected if they aren't so many and your plant can go on without them, and or spray them with Neem oil.

You can do bicarb, or just spray a very high pH water on the leaves too, or the milk, but suggest the low fat one or lactose free as that makes the rotten milk smell.

Also its best to spray the plants with neem as a preventative, than deal with an outbreak. 

Mildew, is systemic, and will get its roots into the leaves and the plant and spread, so best to not get it, if you do and cant get rid of it, you can always wash the stuff after, but this in flowering.

Also add Neem to your soil now, and remember it has NPK benefits so watch for that too when feeding and will harm Microbes, but which is worse.

• Like 2

Ps, if you remove leaves or spray, or basically anything right now with regards to the mildew, turn off your fans, and use a wet cloth or something to cover the leave when removing to not send spores all over.

Plus you're going to have to clean all fans, and walls and surfaces in there now, to be very sure and use peroxide and jik. Wash 2 or 3 times with new water each time.

Afterwards, increase air circulation and more oscillating fans for the win. 

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 3

Wow thanks gents!! 
I have neem oil, I try @Totemic solution. Just to check can I spray the solution from totemic with Bicarb and the neem oil over flowering buds? Not together but If I use the neem oil instead. Would the neem oil also be 1ml to 1l? 

guys! Side note. 
thanks for being there to support!! Awesome to have such irie ppl around to count on. Thanks 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

Ps, if you remove leaves or spray, or basically anything right now with regards to the mildew, turn off your fans, and use a wet cloth or something to cover the leave when removing to not send spores all over.

Plus you're going to have to clean all fans, and walls and surfaces in there now, to be very sure and use peroxide and jik. Wash 2 or 3 times with new water each time.

Afterwards, increase air circulation and more oscillating fans for the win. 

I’ll stay the wash down in the morning! Armed with Jik and clean water all the way each wash down. Nice reminder in the fans. I’ll clean out the dehumidifier filters as well. All just clean every where with some jik and water in a spray bottle.  

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Burly said:

I’ll stay the wash down in the morning! Armed with Jik and clean water all the way each wash down. Nice reminder in the fans. I’ll clean out the dehumidifier filters as well. All just clean every where with some jik and water in a spray bottle.  

You want to get everything that air touches, I missed that you had a dehumidifier or would have called it too.

Does yours have a HEPA filter? You can't use the same one if you do, unless you spray soak it too with jik but could destroy the filters purpose. 

Spray bottle very handy for this job😉

All over, the ceiling, the door, floors, anything in the room.

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

Neem mix is on the bottle, 10ml to 1L, also a tiny bit of soap to help it stay and spread out and mix with the water. Use warmish water too.

I actually up the dose to double almost when infected, but it's me.

Cheers mate. So 4weeks into flowering I’m good to go with neem. In a spray bottle all over the plants or just where I see the white devils dandruff?

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Totemic said:

PM is a bane to any grower. There are many ways to deal with PM. From just removing the infected leaf, to using bicarb, vinegar etc.

I personally always have neem in my IPM. The neem stimulates the plants immune system, increases resistance.

For PM specifically  though, I like spraying a bicarb solution onto the areas with good results. 1tsp dissolved in 1l. Add a drop or two of sunlight as surfactant and spray infected leaves top and bottom.

Thanks again for your help Totemic 🤙🏻🙏🏻

Brother, you mentioned great air flow and you some times hit 70 humidity.

If understanding correctly, you changing air in the room often? Possibly slow it down for the dehumidifier to have a second to do a little more of its job before extracting it.

And I've found you can even work in a sealed room, but you need to have plenty oscillating fans, and no stagnant air pockets anywhere.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

If understanding correctly, you changing air in the room often? Possibly slow it down for the dehumidifier to have a second to do a little more of its job before extracting it.

And I've found you can even work in a sealed room, but you need to have plenty oscillating fans, and no stagnant air pockets anywhere.

Yeah I have great extraction and two fans in a 1.2 x 1.2 my humidity is higher at night in the 70 only because I sent my dehumidifier to 70 thinking with all that moving air in the tent I would pick up issues, this all to save on a bit of electricity, lesson learnt I’d say! What a stress mission. But I’ll slow the extraction fan to a lower setting, I dunno cause lights on when I set my dehumidifier to 50 I generally stay in that range I think I just screwed up with leaving it at 70’ in the evening thinking my “great” air flow would avoid the issues. 

1 minute ago, Burly said:

Yeah I have great extraction and two fans in a 1.2 x 1.2 my humidity is higher at night in the 70 only because I sent my dehumidifier to 70 thinking with all that moving air in the tent I would pick up issues, this all to save on a bit of electricity, lesson learnt I’d say! What a stress mission. But I’ll slow the extraction fan to a lower setting, I dunno cause lights on when I set my dehumidifier to 50 I generally stay in that range I think I just screwed up with leaving it at 70’ in the evening thinking my “great” air flow would avoid the issues. 

If that was 70 RH you probably got higher than that, it only needs a few minutes to start kak.

Set your dehumidifier on 50 and it should switch on again at 55 and off at 45 now.

Plants look sick👌

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

Plants are looking fire though! 🔥🙌🏻

Dude so good to hear. Thanks a mill for that.....makes my little green thumb twitch with joy!!!😂

even more reason I’m stressing!! All that love and this PM might steal it from me 😤🤯

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

I saw this afternoon all the updates going out about load shedding!! Good luck guys. 

again thanks to this awesome platform and to all you top chaps that make it so amazing! Wish I found you guys a year ago!! Would have saved a lot of harvests gone bad. But I guess that’s what growing about! Having fun and learning every grow!! 
stay warm chaps. 

4 hours ago, StickyD420 said:

Top draw bud! 
another lesson learnt! Do the math when installing your exhaust fan into your garden, especially when making changes. Guessing or over looking this simple step has bigger consequences! 
I turned my fan speed down to the size of the space required and took into consideration I only have one bend in my hosing and a short exhaust. RH in the tent is already more steady in the few hours, dehumidifier running less as well, so another plus on the electricity. 

Plan of action. 
Defoliate leaves showing signs, it is time for there 4 week clean up anyway so I can get in there. 
Smoke a joint.....
Clean garden and equipment. 
Spray girls down with bicarb until dripping both on top and under all! Leaves and buds. 
Hit a bong......  ,...
Repeat bicarb spray down for this week....?

Environment controls I hope I have in order now! 

Smoke a joint.  .......
Thanks again everyone for all the answers and care to reply, much much appreciated dudes. 

stay warm and irie🤙🏻

• Like 3

15 hours ago, StickyD420 said:

Neem you dont want to do 3 to 4 weeks before flowering, my personal opinion, it's also systemic and lasts a while in the plants system.

Never used the bicarb or anything other than neem, and if I had it in final stages of flower, it got the 3 bucket treatment and was good to go.

Pleasure brother, peace🙏

Morning morning. 
just wanted to check with you and compare my understanding of the 3 bucket system, is yours basically....

1) bicarb 

2) hydrogen Peroxide and lemon juice 

3) clean water 

and then drying. I’m not sure if ratios on each 25l bucket? 
but I hope I caught this early enough, I only had a few leaves showing mildew after deflation just now. 
peace, keep it irie gents 🤙🏻

• Like 1

Good morning B,

There are different variants or versions of that, but you have a good and working one.

Cut the plant so you can submerge the branches completely and shake then a little in the buckets, the trichomes will be okay still.

After the buckets, shake them out good, all extra water off, then hang and a oscillating fan near by, not directly on them.

Should be about 1 to 2 day like that, then as normal again.

Peace B, and good luck on the Competition 🤜🤛

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StickyD420 said:

Good morning B,

There are different variants or versions of that, but you have a good and working one.

Cut the plant so you can submerge the branches completely and shake then a little in the buckets, the trichomes will be okay still.

After the buckets, shake them out good, all extra water off, then hang and a oscillating fan near by, not directly on them.

Should be about 1 to 2 day like that, then as normal again.

Peace B, and good luck on the Competition 🤜🤛

Cheers for the info bud! 
I’ll update on this thread in a few days time as well, I trust only good news from the green thumb gardener 😂 

thanks for the wishes I’ll stay hopeful but including your pics there are very creative and talented dude out there. 

• Like 1