Diary Complete New Auto Grow (first attempt from seed to harvest)

Tee_Aitch_See

28 minutes ago, Tee_Aitch_See said:

Grow Diary Update: 

Sour Diesel Auto - Day 72 (Pic 1; 2 & 3)

Gelato Samba Auto -Day 51 (Pic 4 & 5)

Cocopopo Auto - Day 51 (Pic 6 & 7)

20200824_070357.jpg

20200824_070337.jpg

20200824_070318.jpg

20200824_070304.jpg

20200824_070300.jpg

20200824_070310.jpg

20200824_070256.jpg

20200824_070207.jpg

Looking beautiful brother.

I dont know WTF u doing to ur autos. But they growing bushy and large. 

U hitting 50 days and still in pre flower.

Im hitting under 40 days and half way through flower.

Im jealous. Ur yield is gona knock mine out the park.

Im thinking its genetics. Well im hoping. 

Just hope i aint messing the plant around that caused mine to flower this fast.

I didnt do any training though. Just let her do her thing.

20200823_094003.jpg

20200823_094024.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, afternoon blazer said:

Looking beautiful brother.

I dont know WTF u doing to ur autos. But they growing bushy and large. 

U hitting 50 days and still in pre flower.

Im hitting under 40 days and half way through flower.

Im jealous. Ur yield is gona knock mine out the park.

Im thinking its genetics. Well im hoping. 

Just hope i aint messing the plant around that caused mine to flower this fast.

I didnt do any training though. Just let her do her thing.

20200823_094003.jpg

20200823_094024.jpg

Bro, 

To be honest, I have just been patient and trained the f*** out of these plants since week 3.  

I didn't expect this kind of growth with just a 75watt light. But all I've done was LST. I tie down my training wires atleast every second day. I think the penetration has also been on point. And maybe I'm doing something right with my feeding too. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tee_Aitch_See said:

Bro, 

To be honest, I have just been patient and trained the f*** out of these plants since week 3.  

I didn't expect this kind of growth with just a 75watt light. But all I've done was LST. I tie down my training wires atleast every second day. I think the penetration has also been on point. And maybe I'm doing something right with my feeding too. 

Shot bro. I germed 2 seeds. For the next grow. Thats gona be my training grow. Probably gona fiddle with some LST.

First time training. Will give it a shot n see how it goes.

Also what sort of feeding were u implementing

Edited by afternoon blazer

@afternoon blazer I haven't done a proper job of documenting my feeds. I try to space my feeds out 5 to 7 days apart. During seedling, I used plain tap water every few days. Then after the first first set of true leaves I start with 2ml seagro per 1litre water. 5 to 7 days later, I use the same. In this time, I also started my LST, moving the main stem along the perimeter of the pot every week or so. When new side branches form, I tie them down in such a way that allows light to penetrate and I folded my fan leaves underneath branches to allow light to reach my bud sites. 

Third feed, I hit them with 2ml biogrow, 1ml biobloom per 1litre water. I aerate my tap water for 5 to 10 minutes with a small pump before adding the nutes. 

I continue with this feeding until pre flower. Then I added 1ml biobloom + 1 to 2ml molasses per litre water. 

After that I just used 1ml biobloom per 1 litre water and with every alternate feed, I added molasses. If they look hungry, I'll add a bit more biobloom. (up to 2ml) 

This week, I'm letting mt roots work a bit more and allowing them (pre flower girls) to get nice and thirsty, then I'm going to hit them with half feed. 0.5ml biobloom or just plain water and the Sour diesel will get her last heavy feed. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Tee_Aitch_See said:

@afternoon blazer I haven't done a proper job of documenting my feeds. I try to space my feeds out 5 to 7 days apart. During seedling, I used plain tap water every few days. Then after the first first set of true leaves I start with 2ml seagro per 1litre water. 5 to 7 days later, I use the same. In this time, I also started my LST, moving the main stem along the perimeter of the pot every week or so. When new side branches form, I tie them down in such a way that allows light to penetrate and I folded my fan leaves underneath branches to allow light to reach my bud sites. 

Third feed, I hit them with 2ml biogrow, 1ml biobloom per 1litre water. I aerate my tap water for 5 to 10 minutes with a small pump before adding the nutes. 

I continue with this feeding until pre flower. Then I added 1ml biobloom + 1 to 2ml molasses per litre water. 

After that I just used 1ml biobloom per 1 litre water and with every alternate feed, I added molasses. If they look hungry, I'll add a bit more biobloom. (up to 2ml) 

This week, I'm letting mt roots work a bit more and allowing them (pre flower girls) to get nice and thirsty, then I'm going to hit them with half feed. 0.5ml biobloom or just plain water and the Sour diesel will get her last heavy feed. 

Seagro is a very friendly and very weak fertilizer. When your plants leave germination state, you can give them more Seagro, if that is your only N source. Go 4 to 5 ml per liter. The way more potent N source you get at Builders is GuanoFlo. This one packs about 1/3 of the punch biobizz fish mix has. I still wouldnt go over the recommended dosage, GuanoFlo has enough punch to burn your plants. Seagro doesnt...

Start biobizz bloom with 1ml per liter when they go pre! Not before! Then work the dosage up, till you reach 4ml per liter, 2 to 3 weeks before harvest.

If you start and want to make your life as easy as possible, select a known fertilizer brand and follow their feeding instructions on the dot! You use FF green bag, good cannabis specific fertilizer, your plants will grow sweet, if you water correct. Now you learn the plants.. even same batch of seeds, will grow different. Not said, even with this setup, that your plants will survive... but you have a great base to work on. You learn germination, veg, pre and flower... will go nuts waiting for harvest 😁 and do your first dry. Soooooo many possible fuck ups... but you dont have to figure our your fertilizer (this one is a bitch... is the dot on the i to get a perfect grow).

My main point, dont try to invent the wheel again... make it as easy as possible. Mixing fertilizer without actually knowing what you do... will end as a waste of money... something will run into a deficiency or you burn them. Doesnt has to be the expensive biobizz range, enough other options... just a kit providing you all for a full grow cycle. Take the fertilizer off your mind and enjoy the grow.. enough to learn. They didnt wrote the dosage on for fun, they tested... use their numbers, should end good.

You dont feed depending on time, you feed depending on moisture concentration in the soil and you fertilize depending on plant stage and need. Experience you gain by time will make it easier. Lift each pot, and when feather light... yeah, and they still dont hang the leaves, amazing... you make em wet again. Most people kill their first plants by over watering or the fertilizer (to much or not enough).

If you wanna use biobizz... get a bottle of fish mix to use during veg, pre and flower. If you want to save a bit, mix 750ml fish mix with 250ml molasses and you just made your own biobizz grow. Top max is a must.. sorry expensive but worth the money, bio heaven i dont use... but want to compare a grow once to see differences, some of my friends enjoy using it a lot. Veg only fish mix, Pre start and swap grow and fish mix each feed. Follow that scheme till flush.

So to make it short... as a beginner, i think mixing fertilizer on hopes and dreams... will not help 😊

Edited by Prom
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Prom said:

Seagro is a very friendly and very weak fertilizer. When your plants leave germination state, you can give them more Seagro, if that is your only N source. Go 4 to 5 ml per liter. The way more potent N source you get at Builders is GuanoFlo. This one packs about 1/3 of the punch biobizz fish mix has. I still wouldnt go over the recommended dosage, GuanoFlo has enough punch to burn your plants. Seagro doesnt...

Start biobizz bloom with 1ml per liter when they go pre! Not before! Then work the dosage up, till you reach 4ml per liter, 2 to 3 weeks before harvest.

If you start and want to make your life as easy as possible, select a known fertilizer brand and follow their feeding instructions on the dot! You use FF green bag, good cannabis specific fertilizer, your plants will grow sweet, if you water correct. Now you learn the plants.. even same batch of seeds, will grow different. Not said, even with this setup, that your plants will survive... but you have a great base to work on. You learn germination, veg, pre and flower... will go nuts waiting for harvest 😁 and do your first dry. Soooooo many possible fuck ups... but you dont have to figure our your fertilizer (this one is a bitch... is the dot on the i to get a perfect grow).

My main point, dont try to invent the wheel again... make it as easy as possible. Mixing fertilizer without actually knowing what you do... will end as a waste of money... something will run into a deficiency or you burn them. Doesnt has to be the expensive biobizz range, enough other options... just a kit providing you all for a full grow cycle. Take the fertilizer off your mind and enjoy the grow.. enough to learn. They didnt wrote the dosage on for fun, they tested... use their numbers, should end good.

You dont feed depending on time, you feed depending on moisture concentration in the soil and you fertilize depending on plant stage and need. Experience you gain by time will make it easier. Lift each pot, and when feather light... yeah, and they still dont hang the leaves, amazing... you make em wet again. Most people kill their first plants by over watering or the fertilizer (to much or not enough).

If you wanna use biobizz... get a bottle of fish mix to use during veg, pre and flower. If you want to save a bit, mix 750ml fish mix with 250ml molasses and you just made your own biobizz grow. Top max is a must.. sorry expensive but worth the money, bio heaven i dont use... but want to compare a grow once to see differences, some of my friends enjoy using it a lot. Veg only fish mix, Pre start and swap grow and fish mix each feed. Follow that scheme till flush.

So to make it short... as a beginner, i think mixing fertilizer on hopes and dreams... will not help 😊

Thanks bro, 

I tried to lessen the dosage from the recommended dosage on the bottles as I was previously advised to. I haven't used the top max but I will probably buy that with my next grow and when the wallet allows. I'm pretty happy using the seagro. The plants seem to respond quite nicely to it. 

I messed around a bit trying to figure out my feeding schedule in the beginning but will be a bit more diligent with my next grow. 

I only say 5 to 7 days between feeds, because that was on average how long it took for soil to get dry. This changed throughout the plant's life. I've just been very careful not to over water. I tried some bag seeds a few months ago as my very first attempt with a blurple chinese type light and I completely messed it up. This time around, I learnt the importance of patience. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tee_Aitch_See said:

Thanks bro, 

I tried to lessen the dosage from the recommended dosage on the bottles as I was previously advised to. I haven't used the top max but I will probably buy that with my next grow and when the wallet allows. I'm pretty happy using the seagro. The plants seem to respond quite nicely to it. 

I messed around a bit trying to figure out my feeding schedule in the beginning but will be a bit more diligent with my next grow. 

I only say 5 to 7 days between feeds, because that was on average how long it took for soil to get dry. This changed throughout the plant's life. I've just been very careful not to over water. I tried some bag seeds a few months ago as my very first attempt with a blurple chinese type light and I completely messed it up. This time around, I learnt the importance of patience. 

The biobizz feeding table is veeeery friendly and set so you dont burn. 😉 i feed a lot more aggessive .. not weaker. But that is based on pure experience using the fertilizer on over 200 plants. They give you a very nice indication to end up with serious buds... follow them. The biobizz table is for autos... or fems you run over a 3 months indoor cycle. I recommend autos these days in general to start with. You can grow them all year around and learn just faster. The more i work with em, the more i love em. Very easy to grow and get results. And seed free outdoor... you only get with autos. 

I used seagro myself for years outdoor... you go through bottles, is very weak and when i started to use guanoflo, already plant size and bud size improved. I used biobizz once outdoor... never had a better result... never. But outdoor and indoor weed... i hardly smoke outdoor, stopped growing outdoor. Beware next outdoor season... legal to have 4 plants... bag seed... i plan on better filters for next outdoor season 😂

If somebody told you to reduce the feeding amount, as your plants are still small. Yes, agree, dont feed full. If you use the biobizz range and follow the table, the plants should always reach the needed size so you can follow their guide. They provide enough for the general grow cycle over 3 months. Rest you have to adapt. Auto come in handy here... you select a long auto taking 12 weeks, you just follow that table blind and focus on growing the plants. will be so easy and result so stunning, you will get hooked to the fertilizer.. happened to me 😁 love the stuff, buy it now in 5 liter containers 😂

• Thanks 1

The 1ml in fish mix and grow is confusing... the bio heaven they love to use a lot. Costs double of the top max.

I started with biobizz when they had no table for FF soil and used the light mix table with FF soil. I have to check this FF table. Looks wierd to me. I use 400% of those recommendations on fish and grow. The amount of bio heaven, will cost the same as the others, fish, grow, bloom and topmax combined. Wierd table, bit confused right now 🤔😂 and i never ever used bio heaven before... 

5 hours ago, Prom said:

The 1ml in fish mix and grow is confusing... the bio heaven they love to use a lot. Costs double of the top max.

I started with biobizz when they had no table for FF soil and used the light mix table with FF soil. I have to check this FF table. Looks wierd to me. I use 400% of those recommendations on fish and grow. The amount of bio heaven, will cost the same as the others, fish, grow, bloom and topmax combined. Wierd table, bit confused right now 🤔😂 and i never ever used bio heaven before... 

I think it was @Bakstein420 that hooked me up with this table. 

I also dont use the whole biobizz range. 

The 3 i got was some dollars enough.

Still a lot of clear trichs and some cloudy, a few ambers dotted around. Depending on the effect you require.

Too many clear trichomes will induce a energetic rushy high with a dash of

paranoia.

Personally I'd give her another week (for more cloudy trichs) and check again.

It's all up to what the grower wants from his bud.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Bos said:

Still a lot of clear trichs and some cloudy, a few ambers dotted around. Depending on the effect you require.

Too many clear trichomes will induce a energetic rushy high with a dash of

paranoia.

Personally I'd give her another week (for more cloudy trichs) and check again.

It's all up to what the grower wants from his bud.

Thanks bro, 

I was thinking of giving it until midweek next week before I chop. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fridgedoor said:

Nice, harvest day is always a good day! Some nice frosty buds you got there.

As for the droopy leaves I am not too sure what caused them. Could be either over- or underwatering. Since when do they look like that? 

Hey Bro

About 2 weeks now. I first thought over watering so I left them for 7 or 8 days until dry but then lots of runoff. Perhaps it was underwatering. Im going to give them some plain water and wait a few days then give them another bloom feed.

Hi bro, if it was underwatering your plants will perk up in an hour or so. Before you water again make sure it's not overwatered by lifting up the pot. If it feels light give some water if not the problem might get worse if you should add water.

You mentioned that it was completely dry before you watered last time. If your soil was super dry it can loose the ability to retain water. That would explain why you had such a lot of runoff.

Maybe someone else has got some more input.

• Like 1

Grow Diary Update: 

Sour Diesel Auto - Currently day 9 of drying. No snap on twig bends just yet but it's looking like tomorrow might be the day. Yield is very small though. I didn't expect that much considering I was growing 3 plants under a single 75watt light. 

Cocopopo Auto & Gelato Samba Auto - Currently in week 10 (day 67). They seem to have bounced back after the droopiness. I increase air flow and just watered with plain water until first sign of runoff. Thereafter, just light spraying with plain water every other day until soil was dry again and then I hit them with a bloom feed. They seem OK now. Hoping that these two yield a bit more than the sour diesel auto. 

20200909_130043.jpg

20200909_130022.jpg

20200909_130014.jpg

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Tee_Aitch_See said:

Hey 420sa fam: 

Here is another update on the current grow. Not much change since the last update. I needed to remove them from the grow space for a full day as I was without electricity. 

Gelato Samba Auto and Cocopopo Auto - week 11 (day 72) 

20200914_171438.jpg

20200914_171501.jpg

20200914_171448.jpg

20200914_181209.jpg

Nice 1 brother. Seems like that LST worked out excellent on the autos.

Looks about another 3 to 4 weeks maybe. 

Any estimates on the yield u expecting from the sour diesel?

The auto im growing without training should be finishing around the 72 - 74 day mark. But obviously different strains. 

Im currently trying with the same strain. 

Started same time. 1 trained and 1 no training. I need to know the difference. 😅

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, afternoon blazer said:

Nice 1 brother. Seems like that LST worked out excellent on the autos.

Looks about another 3 to 4 weeks maybe. 

Any estimates on the yield u expecting from the sour diesel?

The auto im growing without training should be finishing around the 72 - 74 day mark. But obviously different strains. 

Im currently trying with the same strain. 

Started same time. 1 trained and 1 no training. I need to know the difference. 😅

So I yielded 16g from the sour diesel. Not much but I'm happy with it. I started her under a chinese type blurple light for the first few weeks and since I'm only using a 75watt light and I've got 3 plants under there, I wasn't expecting much. I'm hoping to get a bit more from these two now. 

Hopefully, I can upgrade the light in the next few months. 

IMG-20200914-WA0035.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tee_Aitch_See said:

So I yielded 16g from the sour diesel. Not much but I'm happy with it. I started her under a chinese type blurple light for the first few weeks and since I'm only using a 75watt light and I've got 3 plants under there, I wasn't expecting much. I'm hoping to get a bit more from these two now. 

Hopefully, I can upgrade the light in the next few months. 

IMG-20200914-WA0035.jpeg

Not bad bro. I will be happy if i get that from my sweet tooth.

But also. The other 2 plants look much larger then the diesel did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, afternoon blazer said:

Not bad bro. I will be happy if i get that from my sweet tooth.

But also. The other 2 plants look much larger then the diesel did.

Oh Yeah definitely bigger. The cocopopo is close to double the size of the sour diesel. 

The Gelato Samba buds looks like they might be small but I'm going to keep training her and give her a nice fat feed towards the end of the week and hopefully she fattens up a bit more. 

• Like 1