Royal Gorillas 180w Veg / 268 Flower Mars 144

Prom

two are not drinking as they should. Noticed on one plant very fine yellowing on the tips.. 😁 my inner feeling told me to give them a pure water feed today. Royal Queen seeds say is a 8-10 week plant. Also shows you, that you can't trust those numbers, very sure the plants will need 11 weeks. But 8-10.. I select my 8 week feeding sheet 😬 that one takes no prisoners. I should be scratching the limits here 😂

@afternoon blazer I don't do this to show how great I am as a grower.. I actually am not 😂 I have more respect for the guys getting a 600g harvest out of a single fem. I grow for over 30 years.. and all I want to show is that Autos are a new breed to deal with. Those hardened Nordic suckers have a unbelievable nute distribution. They go way more berserk with flowering, as they usually have way less time to do their job in nature. Due to ignoring the Photo sensitivity you get a lot of energy into the plant in a very short time.. and best is just the fact: don't disturb Autos! We did 2 individual tests for defoiling. In both tests we selected the fastest growing and strongest plant and made a clever defoil.. open the light to the buds, not touching the other fan leaves. Both tests had exactly the same outcome.. the once strongest and biggest plant had in both batches at the end the lowest yield. And was never second last or middle.. dead last. Undisturbed, they seem to perform best.. so if you like to grow but don't want all the training snipping, binding, folding or what do I know.. go Autos 😉 they yield unbelievable well for the size they form.. just keep them happy feed and have the right climate. Mine is never dropping below 19 and not over 22.. love winter indoor growing 😎 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

You slowly convincing me to try auto flowering, as what I've seen has been ridiculously good, and as you say, they just have a certain vigor about them and style and growth. 

Again, big ups to you on the grow brother Prom.

There are many way better growers then me on this site. I ignored Autos for 3 years.. autoflower.. what shit is that!? hehehe But when a professional grower tells you.. "mhhh Cape Town, you should put some Autos outdoor, that should end great with the amount of sun you guys have. First batch has also no seeds." The second part made me listen.. i tried them and cursed myself not to have given those babies a earlier chance to prove them self. I had one more grow of Fems beside the Autos.. then decided that I actually enjoy Autos a lot more.. and we talk miles 😂 I am over snipping and binding. I want to grow as relaxed as possible and get some results. The Gelato.. that weed changed all my books. 

And my tracker moved, post office is catching up.. 100 42FastBuds Gelato Seeds inbound, passed customs already 😁 that should keep me happy for a year 😂 might sell some of the beans I don't need. No need to let em get old.

• Like 3

The smell is getting very much noticeable when you enter the room.. rest. I clean out the old leaves and keep a clean pot.. that is all.

1188915661_D4W9.thumb.jpg.c9067d716c837d0e95df43b8becebc58.jpg Day 4 Week 9

Feeding is on 4/4/4 (Grow/Bloom/TopMax)

Edited by Prom
Forgot the Day/Week for the picture
  • Like 6

Week 10 has started

668245077_D1W10.thumb.jpg.c2923aaba03f7daa6dde99debf57af2e.jpg Day 1 Week 10

And here is week 9 in motion.. dark times are Eskom load shedding related. I bumped the tent from the outside.. cam go moved a little, you will see.

Edited by Prom
got pure water today
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Prom said:

Depends on your wallet, you can grow autos on any light scheme.. 18 hours up. 18/6, 20/4, 24/0... all works. Even less, but wouldnt recommend .

1st time grower. 

1st auto.

Got that 150w acdc light for the veg stage. 

4 hours more . Not really gona make much of a diff on my pocket. So im cool with anything. 

What u feeling?

You want to start indoor then outdoor? 150w of the right light would be enough... the main point is: right light. Do they provide a light spectrum diagram?

If you grow a auto, the veg light gets obsolete already after 2-4 weeks. Fems make more sense to prepare indoor.. if you germinate now, sun duration is rather short still, when the plant asks for all there is. Yes will grow, no, not becoming a monster. If you are on a short budget, just go outdoor and use the cash for fertilizer. 5liter of a batch BioBizz costs as much as a grow light. Costs are always relative. 

26 minutes ago, afternoon blazer said:

1st time grower. 

1st auto.

Got that 150w acdc light for the veg stage. 

4 hours more . Not really gona make much of a diff on my pocket. So im cool with anything. 

What u feeling?

Are you using the 150w for the flowering?

Your case, I'd run the light as long as possible if the 150w and you can even run 24 hour, wont hurt.

• Agree 1

As i understood, he wants to add light for veg. 

Getting a big plant, doesnt mean big harvest. Enough energy during flower is more important in regards to harvest. Low light intensity during flower forms what i call fluff buds. Have no substance, low potency and very little taste.

So if on a low budget, go the other way, get a flower light and get more on for that stage, i think you get more out that way.

Ok thanks guys.

@Prom @StickyD420

Flower light not really on the cards right now.

The 150w veg light is tried and tested by Crex. He uses 3 of them in his veg tent.

So it should be ok.

Not really expecting the dankest of buds. It is my first grow after all.

Learn .improve. Learn improve

For my first few grows. Focus is on get good grows with minimal issues. And u fairly successfull harvest.

Flower lights are above 2k. So its gona be the sun for me for flowering.

In terms of the nutez. I have biobizz . . . Gro. Bloom. Topmax. 

Hopefully that helps in terms of density. Potency and quality.

So gona try out the 24 hour cycle for now. Seems like u guys think its a good 1.

So starting indoor. Then moving out.

18 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

Hey brother, 

Not sure about Auto flower, going from more light in veg, to less in flower. Though this should not be an issue it might be better for veg time to be around the same as the sun would be when going to flowering?

Otherwise I'm happy and cant wait for you to grow these flowers out😊

Yo bro. So maybe a 18-20 hour light schedule then. To get it closer to the flower schedule.

• Like 1

Yea, due to not having a flower light or able to get one right away, my advice was to use the sun as much as possible because the veg light is just that, a veg light. 

So full sun and supplemental light during the night for a pinch extra. 

I feel that will provide better results in his situation than just the veg light👌

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, CreX said:

Yea, due to not having a flower light or able to get one right away, my advice was to use the sun as much as possible because the veg light is just that, a veg light. 

So full sun and supplemental light during the night for a pinch extra. 

I feel that will provide better results in his situation than just the veg light👌

Very good thinking 👌

Use what you have free, and add the extra when the sun fades.

Brilliant advice brother 🙌

• Thanks 1