Royal Gorillas 180w Veg / 268 Flower Mars 144

Prom

I think I make a little diary of this project. End-middle of week 2.. not much missed, plants growing nice.

Gorillas I got from Cannabist and are Royal Queen Seeds. Dropped 10, one did nothing, one was a dud.. so 8 from 10.. not the most glorious number in fresh seeds.

I let them run under a Mars 144, running on veg now and draws 179 Watt.  Light duration is 24/0

322559829_Week1.jpg.174052b520e0ba86fe9e13e717ba9068.jpg Day 3

1332849665_Day11.thumb.jpg.2870bad427ca1b0749ea879ebfe03ef8.jpg day 11

Edited by Prom
First week 4ml root juice, 2nd week 2ml Fish Mix
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Autooooooos!!!! 😁

Yes, when I saw the real wattage of the light on the smart plug, not to turn it off became so tempting to see the result. Flowering will go to 177... but still below 180 🤓

I would have preferred 10 plants in that space.. to really maximize the area and yield. Also curious how much energy the whole grow will consume.. easy calculation. 

Bit unfair, I am using the exit vent of the big tent to vent the small tent, so just the lamp running inside. I will add some fan energy consumption.. what you think is fair? 40 watt 24/7 on top?

• Like 1

What if you are unhappy with the way they grow? And you change the light? 

Or is this a test to see what it can do in its entirety? 

I rate 40w is a good guestimate on a fan. Will the tent be open 24/7 too? 

• Like 1

Never ran a grow 24/0.. curious 😊 so I just let them be and measure the yield. Mainly busy with my main project.. the small tent 1.2x0.6x1.8m is just running by its own with the Gorillas. I prepare 2 1.2x1.2 tents for my breeding project.  

• Like 2

I grew some NLAuto from RQS on 24/0 a while back, was in a 20l container and plant was over 1m when I chopped her. 

Didn't have al the wattage on her so maybe she stretched a bit, but super healthy and lekker smoke.

24hr cycle will be hundreds :-greenthumb

• Like 2

On 5/27/2020 at 5:46 PM, PsyCLown said:

I'd be curious to get feedback on auto's on 24/0 but with lights you have done a grow with already - see how much of a difference, if any, the additional 4 hours of light have on the auto's and the lack of a dark period.

I used the 144 a few times before.. I thought the lamp consumes a lot more power as it actually does.. that gave me the idea. Knowing what i got before, batch of Blue Cheese and White Widows gave around 50g a plant. If I reach the usual number.. 8 x 50.. I will not complain 😉 but I had those running on 20/4... so lets see where it will go. I kinda like the 24/0 in winter.. no cold issues what so ever.

Edited by Prom
typo
  • Like 1

Urgh.. forgot to put my feeding water into the room yesterday to let it get the same temp.. ^^ 4 hours later feeding today ^^ rest runs as undisturbed as it can be. Haven't done anything beside feeding them.

291453693_D1W4.thumb.jpg.b32f859b922647879fb792f31afb45a8.jpg Day 1 Week 4

Lied! 😂 I sprayed them with Serenade yesterday.. like the rest of the room. 

Also, none in pre yet.. 4ml fish mix per liter. As soon as they go pre i give first time 3ml grow/2ml bloom. They got today 1 liter each.. so I do not bother for the next three days before i check again.

Edited by Prom
edit and added the feeding
  • Like 1

We gave the Mars 144 also a short measurement with the Apogee Quantum Flux sensor. And were rather impressive too

127 Watt veg it makes 520 micromol  at 45cm

178 Watt flower it brings 980 micromol at 30cm

Some rather killer numbers for the consumption.

• Like 1

Changed to Flowering Lights today at 10.00.. so running 177 Watts now. Will also get 3 Grow and 2 Bloom first time today.

1820801294_D1W5.thumb.jpg.739dc6256c345229a7a916af7f2ecc41.jpg Week 5 Day 1

Youtube doesn't let me upload the next video.. tells me that it is the same content as another video I have... they made quite a nice stretch end week 4.. bummer.

Edited by Prom
  • Like 1

Was all day busy.. but here we go on the Gorilla Journey.. and just to mention.. feeding all three days and rest I do not really give a damn 😁 zero effort grow. Ohhh I raised the lights.. that is now daily on the list.

D1 W6.jpgDay 1 Week 6

Added the movie. You see that I moved the plants and changed the light distance twice. That is it...

Edited by Prom
movie add on
  • Like 1

I actually spend 5 mins with the girls and changed the air flow, brought it to the lower part of the tent to air down up. Started to flower and will get first time Top Max (1ml) next feeding in 2 days. Only use Top Max, when there is a reason to use it ^^ 

But beside feeding, I do zero work on the girls. Growing nice so far.

1266930116_D4W6.thumb.jpg.bfb1c2ec79d725426b6c5744e85e438e.jpg Day 4 Week 6

😁 they do that by them self.. have no influence on it. If you want fast plants, look for 8 weeks time seed to harvest.. or just trust me and get some Fastbuds Gelatos.. they will also give you a mouthgasm 😋 and hit like a donkey 😎

The Gorillas grow fine, I expect not less than 70g per plant.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@CreX if you give em a fair chance, and with your know how of the plants. 😁 I will convert you too. Just let them be and have their peace.. don't fiddle or cut anything 😉 i only top if absolutely needed in regards to the canape.

Even if they don't become huge, the plants just transfer into one huge bud.. very very dense huge bud 😁

The Charlotte's Angel is a good example. Was a bit over 30cm tall. 

525508466_DryingAngel.thumb.jpg.39cff44a3704e1d18a309fd4f54a12be.jpg

• Like 3

Thirsty now, got feed today.. was needed 😁 went 4 Grow / 3 Bloom / 1 TopMax, each a liter.

Big tent is running with the battle of the board preparation. Heads are out, and a very nice 24 degrees in the flat. Bit jealous, bit cold in the main house hehehe Have to think into a way to get the warm air over and heat the main during winter.  But lights need cooling. What I can say, the QBs run way hotter compared to the TS3. Have to check the heat sink and may change it. Have 2 oscillating fans running and still the QBs are not pleasant to touch. 🤔

Edited by Prom
changed ; with / hehehe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Prom said:

Thirsty now, got feed today.. was needed 😁 went 4 Grow / 3 Bloom / 1 TopMax, each a liter.

Big tent is running with the battle of the board preparation. Heads are out, and a very nice 24 degrees in the flat. Bit jealous, bit cold in the main house hehehe Have to think into a way to get the warm air over and heat the main during winter.  But lights need cooling. What I can say, the QBs run way hotter compared to the TS3. Have to check the heat sink and may change it. Have 2 oscillating fans running and still the QBs are not pleasant to touch. 🤔

Strange... Maybe lower the wattage a bit. 

Mine are set to about 75w each, zero heatsink, and a small pc fan blowing on it and the light is just above room temps

IMG_20200521_230719.jpg

• Like 1