420's Dagga Plasietjie

420SA

Thought I'd start up a separate thread for updates on my small perpetual grow I have going. Currently I have a flowering tent running, and a veg cab in which I do seedlings, clones and vegging plants. A clone cab is in the pipeline but isn't necessary just yet....

Here's a break down on my setup:

Flowering:

Grow Tent - 1.5mx1.5mx2.0m

600W HPS

8" Extraction with carbon filter 

Passive intake

Oscillating fan for circulation

Large Birdwing reflector

Vegging:

250W Dual Spec HPS

Cabinet - 100cmx100cmx85cm - WxHxD

Ventilation: 4 " exhaust - Passive intake - USB Fan for air movement - Will upgrade to 5 inch extraction when I upgrade lighting

At present I have the following strains growing in the cab:

1x Jack Herer fem

1x Bubba Kush fem

1x Damnesia fem

1x Cheese Clone fem

3x Thunderbud Haze Clone (confirmed fem)

They're growing in a coco perlite mix with Nutriplex nutes. Supplemented by CalmagN+

20150405_183713_zpsifinytmd.jpg

Jack Herer

20150405_183503_zpsst4ycrkr.jpg

Will post up more pics tomorrow

:-peace

Adding onto the first post. Here's the rest of the pics that were taken...

Bubba Kush

20150405_183342_zpscn2xiw7k.jpg

Damnesia

20150405_183433_zpsbekjl6jr.jpg

A break down on training so far...

Damnesia: LST & FIMMED

Bubba Kush: LST

Jack Herer: LST & Supercropped

:-peace

• 1 month later...

Greetings all! Been a while since I've done an update on my grow so this update is long overdue  :sillyass many apologies!

Firstly I've converted this thread into a thread for updates on all aspects of my growing, veg & flower. Details on my grow setup are in the first post of this thread which I recently edited.

So to the point! An update on my flower tent.... I've got a Thunderbud Haze clone which is now 51 days into flower. I plan to run her a bit longer than my previous TBH that I grew out which I must add is still a very decent smoke indeed! Also in the flower tent is the Jack Herer and Bubba Kush that was in the veg cab prior to this. They are both 12 days into flower.

20150518_202307_zpsphcjfl2r.jpg

20150518_202313_zps2buydzcl.jpg

Awesome stuff looking top shelf  ! How do you manage your run off ?

@Toby get to it man keen to see !!!

I usually take the plants out and let them drain in the bath. Otherwise any runoff ends up in their saucers which will get emptied. This isn't ideal if more plants end up in the tent so i wanna develop a better plan. Ideally I want the drainage from all the plants to collect into one spot(container) which can then be emptied. First step is to raise the plants on some kind of platform, just not sure what that platform could be... :investigating

Looking good!

I have the same problem with runoff, as the tent fills up you can cause damage hauling them in and out.

I saw plastics for africa sells heavy duty plastic trays that are 70cm x 130cm. 2 of them side by side will fill your tent really well. I want to get 2 and then just put something under the far edge to raise them a little so all the run off will run to one side where it can be scooped out.... only one small problem... they cost about R850 each.... kinda heavy to fork out R1700 on plastic trays..

Looking good bud.

If I was you I would remove a few of those fan leaves , I am all for controlled defoliation . I can see in the pics at least 4 bud sites cover by fan leaves , take those off and let the light hit those bud sites. Just my 2 cents

Cheers

Reaf

This is something that always niggles at me and can never decide whether I'll be harming the plant or doing good. Makes sense for you to allow more light for the lower buds but the fan leaves are also there to do their job...

Also makes sense though when you say "controlled defoliation" which is what I'll do. Shotto! :-gthumb

Looking good!

I have the same problem with runoff, as the tent fills up you can cause damage hauling them in and out.

I saw plastics for africa sells heavy duty plastic trays that are 70cm x 130cm. 2 of them side by side will fill your tent really well. I want to get 2 and then just put something under the far edge to raise them a little so all the run off will run to one side where it can be scooped out.... only one small problem... they cost about R850 each.... kinda heavy to fork out R1700 on plastic trays..

Thanks buddy will keep that in mind. That is a helluva lotta cash for plastic!! I'm sure there has to be a cheaper DIY alternative

Yea bud

I hear you about the fan leaves having there uses . just take off the leaves that block bud sites , if it's not blocking a site why take it of. That's the general rule I follow. Also don't do it all at once , for the first 3 weeks I leave all the fans , then every week remove more and more but always just the ones blocking bud sites.

Cheers

Reaf

Looking good!

Hey aj. Just go to your local hardware and get a geyser tray. They come in several sizes. I just bought a 1.2x0.6 tray already has a good hole to conect a runoff pipe for R160. Fits my tent perfectly 1.2x0.75

Guest spootch

Controlled defoliation sounds good! Its probably the most hotly debated topic out there.

I have the geyser drip trays but  struggling with waste management! Think that's how I ended up with dam gnats!!!

I have 2m hight to work with and with a cooled hood there's no way you can raise the pots to allow for drainage, I thought about raising the entire tent but the vent holes that have all my pipes coming in and out of is not level with the bottom of the pots anyway!

so i have to get the run off up some how, thought of one of the automatic bilge pumps for boats but they pricey  atm I have little aquarium pumps sucking up the water and draining it to a container that I empty but its not very efficient and always end up with a little runoff sitting in the tray !!! Would love to know what you come up with ???

• 3 weeks later...

420!!!!

Looking good brother.. I like that they are ageing  well. you are getting the right nitrogen draw, its not a deficiency..

How i would love to have a taste of that.. I can see you have taken care of her... she shall reward you friend..

Good work, cant wait to see what you do next..

Guest Maxwell

Looking lovely admin! :-clap  Imo you should give her another week... Is there a nanner popping or am I just experiencing flashbacks from last night...:-hilarious :-hilarious :-hilarious

Looking lovely admin! :-clap Imo you should give her another week... Is there a nanner popping or am I just experiencing flashbacks from last night...:-hilarious :-hilarious :-hilarious

Wouldn't she "over starve" if i left her for another week seeing as i started flushing 2 weeks ago...? Cant see any nanners ... where do you see it?

Tell you what Max you can spot a tranny from mile away!!!  You'd be a great wingman in Thailand :-puffin

That is indeed a fukn nanner and I found small sack emerging from another bud too which i quickly pinched off. That means this girl goes down tonight I'm afraid :-meditate