First ever grow

SAgrower

This is the first time I have ever tried farming cannabis for our own consumption. Im glad to have someone like@Krieg that lives close by and is always willing to assist or explain things to me relating to growing.

I had to pull one plant which was a male but it was bag seed.

I also had one Elixer auto cbd which is busy curing. It was extremely interesting seeing the dark purple buds and the smoke is so smooth.

I am currently growing the following strains;

Bruce banner #3 sprouted around 20 Sep 2019

Hulk Berry sprouted around 20 Sep 2019

Wedding gelato - flipped. sprouted around 20 Sep 2019

Lemon haze x2 - flipped one

Sour grape - flipped

Big bud

Viente uno cbd x2.

The one dog kept on eating the big bud until there was literally just a little piece of leaf left and because of all that stress that plant grew into a very nice healthy looking tree.

The bruce banner, Hulk berry, wedding gelato and the cbd were grown from seed in fabric pots with a mix of freedom farm soil, just cannabis soil, some other coco peat type soil and the nutrients I use are from the hydro shop which is the Part A, B and MPK.

Im currently dealing with the WPM issue with milk which seems to help. Once I month I fees them coconut milk, they seem to enjoy it, looks like they are on a happy crack trip an hour after the feeding, hope its not affecting the plants in a negative way.

We are currently busy defoliating the trees but all comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

9d74b23457e63ca780194cd16798ea2c.jpg41a433dcaa9fb9b600b2469ae5bb82cf.jpgc4d646c6aa7eed453344d1849d1903aa.jpg5e2b27348970825e107c8b4a76f0fc9c.jpg51ab046779bc16d729e0b8e5bcaeac36.jpg66509e08c202f25994d7b8abd8cf6612.jpg20d6658d40cab3abba53208541859772.jpg3d3f12a0193d3477053c37250916f260.jpgf970489be3231d9c5e99f25110092a99.jpgb874c00ffc8df2c8b1a08c8d739d02dd.jpg

• Like 7

There were some haircuts performed over the weekend. Sprayed with milk and water solution and all appears to be in order.

The 3 thats in full flower seem to do ok, this is my first grow so not sure how they should look by now.

Are there any tips and tricks to help with better quality buds etc? I fed them their normal nutrients yesterday and on Saturday I gave them some molasses.

Today is the 24th day for the 3 in full flower.

Please feel free to comment, suggest or criticize, its the only way I will learn.

5fa31fd55e9a94dbd41e9d0a840d257d.jpg6116ccd6b32cde0374ba37378cd7bb81.jpg7ac715a0354e3eb8c4d2cec421c2d9af.jpgfa1526a50b9daca542d49249ad3c6fcb.jpg9107f8d029f1d6033e05dcb39a579990.jpgec7d9f17f7ea4bcbca0715a44295fb9f.jpga12342e4b4c92cc1a79cb21d52cbd377.jpg934f95b94120c7a823da20d3e2ca9edf.jpg27533cbf79f8f616a84c42dc7c18df64.jpgdc6723c4f82e44501e2d1d10928f59a1.jpg0bdfd246431cb15c8f64f63ccce0e1c9.jpg2500695c7b6238b839df81a4575cf501.jpg

• Like 2

We grow organic outdoors and change the plants' nutrient ratios once the are in flower.
''Generally'' it doesn't matter what brand you feed, they all have feeding schedules, if it is cannabis specific just follow the recommendations.
In veg the plants require more Nitrogen than P and K. In flower it's the other way around, more P and K than N.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Grow is looking great!! 

I think part B has the bulk of the nitrogen being only calcuim nitrate, cut back a Lil on that one... But if you are following the feeding scheme hortimix provides, then you should be fine... 

And iv been telling these guys!! Milk helps so much for PM!! 

• Like 2

Grow is looking great!! 
I think part B has the bulk of the nitrogen being only calcuim nitrate, cut back a Lil on that one... But if you are following the feeding scheme hortimix provides, then you should be fine... 
And iv been telling these guys!! Milk helps so much for PM!! 
The hortimix only give ratios until week 16 so I have just been upping it after week 16 in the same amounts they increased it with each week, if that makes sense.

Is this correct or will this hurt the plants or give a harsh or chemical bud taste?

Looks healthy to me but needs support. Plants realize, when their branches hang down from weight and stop production on those branches. I would suggest to "cage" those pots!

Helps a lot to sort your branches for optimal sun and support when flowering. 

1825675320_plantcage.thumb.jpg.d9b154320157736af5b1ae442db7ea92.jpg

• Like 1

Looks healthy to me but needs support. Plants realize, when their branches hang down from weight and stop production on those branches. I would suggest to "cage" those pots!
Helps a lot to sort your branches for optimal sun and support when flowering. 
1825675320_plantcage.thumb.jpg.d9b154320157736af5b1ae442db7ea92.jpg

Thank you for the advice. I will see what I can do to support it.

52 minutes ago, SAgrower said:

Does this plant look healthy or is there something off? This is the lemon haze that has been flowering since mid January 2020.
5233fee63e0b533e5d06f7c8a9987ddc.jpg22a5e8c03b8f596985fd499c10287e7a.jpg

Plants are looking good and green... Maybe a little too green. 

I disregarded the hortimix scheme as it does not fit my schedule. 

In veg I went 1 part A 1 part B and 1 part MPK

In early flower I went 1:1:2

And now in mid flower I am going 1:0.5:2 and they are looking great. 

How often do you feed? 

If your plants go very green and you do not know if that is good or bad, cut a fan leaf off and bend one of the fingers together. If it breaks in a funny way.. not a clean break but more jagged. The amount of nutrition in the leaf is to high and starts to crystallize. Give it a good flush for 2-3 days till the color goes more light and reduce your feeding amount.

I personally never feed more as the max set by the producer. I do not know Hortimix, so I can't give any advice . But on Bio Bizz for instance, the 12 week table is for Autoflower. Using that table on a feminized will hurt her to kill her.

Good example is a friend, he started his first proper grow this year. The cage plant pic is one of his (amnesia haze). He gave Fish-Mix in a 4ml per liter dosage when the plants were big and before flowering. That is the max Bio Bizz has on their 12 week table. I stay on 3ml per liter for instance.. enough in my opinion for thirsty fems and also a lot cheaper ^^ Then his plants went flowering and he just thought, lets jump to grow and bloom directly and gave 4ml per liter of each to the water. If you do not use "hard" fertilizer, mixed into the soil, your plants will drink nutrition when you water. If they get to much from something, they try to store it. If they run out of space for .. in his case to much P and K.. he ran into over nutrition problems. But flushed and went back to 2ml each... and plants went back to normal. How much fertilizer you have to add depends on the stage of your plant. The general rule is very simple.. is better to give less than to much. If you don't know what is correct.. always stick to the given limit of the producer, never raise by your own without knowing what you do. For my Autos, I follow that time table more or less 1:1 and just adapt it depending the time a plant needs.. 8-9 week plants.. you have to reduce those 12 weeks to fit the feeding.. same counts for plants needing more for time to finish. 

I really do not recommend to go over the limits you find written on the fertilizer

• Agree 1

Plants are looking good and green... Maybe a little too green. 
I disregarded the hortimix scheme as it does not fit my schedule. 
In veg I went 1 part A 1 part B and 1 part MPK
In early flower I went 1:1:2
And now in mid flower I am going 1:0.5:2 and they are looking great. 
How often do you feed? 
Thanks for the advice. The plants do look a little bit too green. I am currently feeding them on a Sunday and a Wednesday but they receive water daily, up to 3 times a day depending on the heat and the wind.

I think I should try to follow your schedule and see how they react.

If your plants go very green and you do not know if that is good or bad, cut a fan leaf off and bend one of the fingers together. If it breaks in a funny way.. not a clean break but more jagged. The amount of nutrition in the leaf is to high and starts to crystallize. Give it a good flush for 2-3 days till the color goes more light and reduce your feeding amount.

I personally never feed more as the max set by the producer. I do not know Hortimix, so I can't give any advice . But on Bio Bizz for instance, the 12 week table is for Autoflower. Using that table on a feminized will hurt her to kill her.

Good example is a friend, he started his first proper grow this year. The cage plant pic is one of his (amnesia haze). He gave Fish-Mix in a 4ml per liter dosage when the plants were big and before flowering. That is the max Bio Bizz has on their 12 week table. I stay on 3ml per liter for instance.. enough in my opinion for thirsty fems and also a lot cheaper ^^ Then his plants went flowering and he just thought, lets jump to grow and bloom directly and gave 4ml per liter of each to the water. If you do not use "hard" fertilizer, mixed into the soil, your plants will drink nutrition when you water. If they get to much from something, they try to store it. If they run out of space for .. in his case to much P and K.. he ran into over nutrition problems. But flushed and went back to 2ml each... and plants went back to normal. How much fertilizer you have to add depends on the stage of your plant. The general rule is very simple.. is better to give less than to much. If you don't know what is correct.. always stick to the given limit of the producer, never raise by your own without knowing what you do. For my Autos, I follow that time table more or less 1:1 and just adapt it depending the time a plant needs.. 8-9 week plants.. you have to reduce those 12 weeks to fit the feeding.. same counts for plants needing more for time to finish. 

I really do not recommend to go over the limits you find written on the fertilizer

Thank you, appreciate all the information I can gather at this stage. I will try the fan leaf break and let you know.

What I meant with the feeding is as follows

Week 1 1ml. 2ml. 2ml

Week 2 2ml. 3ml. 2ml

Week 3 3ml. 4ml. 3ml

So now the guide stops there for example so all I did was to carry on with:

Week 4 4ml. 5ml. 3ml

Week 5 5ml. 6ml. 4ml

Etc etc etc.

Should I not have done this as my grow from start to finish will be more than the guide's 16 weeks.

Other than that I am happy with how they are growing. The plants in the plastic pots were given to me and I really never bothered to replant them into bigger pots. With my next grow I will go a bit bigger pots, just not so sure of 60L pots as the wind is sometimes so bad here in the Cape that I move them behind some shelter etc.

Again, thanks for the help, appreciate it.

For the hortimix, the online feeding program is for hydro and needs to differ a bit for soil and coco. 

I have found that my previously mentioned formula works well in coco... But adds too much nitrogen for soil applications. Which works okay in veg... But in bloom the nitrogen tox shows up pretty quick in my soil plants. 

Also... That hortimix schedule keeps getting higher and higher each week which does not work. You need to get to a level. 

Only way to do that is with an EC or ppm meter, do you have one? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I am CT.. Blouberg.. bigger pots!! 😁 Makes your life with watering also easier.. morning, evening.. done. I guess you have to water those 3-4 times to keep em wet all day long.

You can also build your own wind protection with some green garden webbing (builders has in the garden section), 2 posts, concrete umbrella stands. Easier to move those stands.. just has to break the wind.. not block it. 

Friend has a Braai spot in the middle of the wind area he wanted to use for plants.. we get easy 40-50 knots of wind here. So we wrapped the area once around with mosquito netting (also from builders).. sun passes.. air too ^^ and also didn't rip or needs replacement. Would call it a working concept 😎 gave him a huge grow area with not to much cost and effort. 

1297213056_windprotection.thumb.jpg.423a5ec818707f750645ed1b7f3e9ad8.jpg