1. 1. Do you bud wash?

• Yes
    • Not yet, but I would like to try it
    • What is a bud wash?
    • No. I tried it and disliked it
    • Sometimes, if I am not being lazy
    • Only if my plants had PM
    • No. Do not want to try it.

You can wash off PM very good with Bicarb of Soda (Baking Section in any supermarket).

Use 2g per liter of water and a second bucket with fresh water. Gentle let it soak in the Bicarb bucket, then dip and rinse careful in the water bucket. Dry as usual.

If you have Serenade, get a ultra sonic misting fan. Put a 50% mix into the dry room and let it run and empty, cook a little storm to disperse it all over the room, i add 1-2 oscillating fans . Stay out of the room till ventilated. The bacteria will starve and decay after all mold is consumed. Cure the usual way. I haven't see any PM since I misted the flat a few weeks ago. Gorillas are clean clean, and that is a very dense forest 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prom said:

You can wash off PM very good with Bicarb of Soda (Baking Section in any supermarket).

Use 2g per liter of water and a second bucket with fresh water. Gentle let it soak in the Bicarb bucket, then dip and rinse careful in the water bucket. Dry as usual.

If you have Serenade, get a ultra sonic misting fan. Put a 50% mix into the dry room and let it run and empty, cook a little storm to disperse it all over the room, i add 1-2 oscillating fans . Stay out of the room till ventilated. The bacteria will starve and decay after all mold is consumed. Cure the usual way. I haven't see any PM since I misted the flat a few weeks ago. Gorillas are clean clean, and that is a very dense forest 😂

OH I did all the steps in my wash. 

Full 4 bucket system. 

1% peroxide soak

Bicarb and lemon soak and jiggle

Warm water soak and jiggle

Cold water final rinse and jiggle

IMG_20200630_221040.jpg

IMG_20200630_210854.jpg

IMG_20200630_210849.jpg

IMG_20200630_224239.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I only discovered that there’s something like washing your buds after I found some PM on my plants while harvesting. I searched the web to find out what can be done about it other than chucking it into the bin. 

I found the following video and did everything this guy suggested to do and it worked great. I also kept a bud that wasn't effected by PM and dried it along with my washed buds. I compared the washed bud vs the unwashed bud and couldn't tell a difference. 

• Like 3

Thanks for posting this guys, what a save. I was on the fence about harvesting over the weekend but got forced into it by the sight of some White mold on a few of my leaves, they seemed to be in an easy enough spot to be cut away, further to this we were having our flat prepared to be painted and the wise guys scraped the wonderful old paint and my plants happened to be out in that area. Pretty irritated by the ordeal but just had to move on, @CreX sent me the link to this resource and what a save. I did a 3 wash as mentioned with room temp bicarb and lemon solution (very light nothing heavy handed and for a short duration to try lift out and paint debris). Then a rinse in warm water, and a final rinse in cold water - I shook off the excess water gently and let dry for the next 24 hours.

The buds are currently hanging and drying. The wash did a world of good given the situation I felt it was necessary and likely would not have even known about a bud wash if it weren't for the reasons listed above. Thanks to all you guys and the shared wisdom.

Namastay

thumbnail_IMG_20200703_171943.jpg

• Like 4
  • Agree 1