Cheese PM

Trailblazer420

Dude I know the feeling :( I'm seriously considering saving up for a proper dehumidifier to keep this shit in check it sucks dick

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

Its definitely not a humidity issue. PM is caused by dry warm areas as far as I understand

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

It started about a month ago, all chopped down now. I treated it with a weak peroxide mixture when I first saw it, which seemed to have helped, but it appears it didn't quite kill it.

Just culled 13 plants, so starting afresh with the some clones. I was fortunate enough to have taken a few clones before this happened.

• Sad 1

PM is almost definitely from humidity - but you should be able to control it with good circulation. could also be from condensation, or spraying your plants just before dark - better to spray just before lights come on like 10mins. I'm coastal, my humidity generally sits at 70%+

When you make your hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) mixture, start with a 35% or 50% concentration - get it from https://gthydro.co.za/products/273-h202-1-liter.html?search_query=hydrogen&results=1 (it must be food grade) using 50% - 60ml h2o2 to 940ml of water will give you 3% solution. anything weaker will just help the PM, anything stronger will burn your plants, again spray in the morning just before lights. your plants could have easily been helped, h2o2 & a bud wash after harvesting.

Make sure you clean your grow area thoroughly otherwise it will creep up again, air filters too

• Like 1

It's in my flowering tent, humidity around 27%. From what I read powdered mildew is caused by dry warm areas.

When I was at the coast, I never had PM, so this is new to me. Plans got a little burn from the peroxide, but nothing major. Leaves seemed to have cleared up and I thought it was gone. I should've climbed in with the loupe sooner.

• Like 1

It's in my flowering tent, humidity around 27%. From what I read powdered mildew is caused by dry warm areas.

When I was at the coast, I never had PM, so this is new to me. Plans got a little burn from the peroxide, but nothing major. Leaves seemed to have cleared up and I thought it was gone. I should've climbed in with the loupe sooner.

Actually, its caused by cooler temperatures & high humidity. Some strains are also more susceptible to mildew...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://hightimes.com/grow/how-to-avoid-powdery-mildew/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjA9fzEx8ziAhUUShUIHf6JAyYQFjALegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3mUt3yummbxi7gqrPS8-Xu&ampcf=1

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

PM is cause by extream spikes... For example lights off humiduty +-70% and lights on dry +-30%.

Liquid forms on the leaves at night which doesn't evaporate easily leads to the begining of the trouble. Once the PM has established it's self of the leave surface, it drops a taproot into your cannabis plant and starts drinking from her. It's only a few days later that you notice the furry shimmer.

Now she becomes a nightmare and thrives between 23'c-27'c with dry humidity. Basically thrives in the target range (conditions/climate) we want to grow in.

Awesome week all

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

PM is cause by extream spikes... For example lights off humiduty +-70% and lights on dry +-30%.

Liquid forms on the leaves at night which doesn't evaporate easily leads to the begining of the trouble. Once the PM has established it's self of the leave surface, it drops a taproot into your cannabis plant and starts drinking from her. It's only a few days later that you notice the furry shimmer.

Now she becomes a nightmare and thrives between 23'c-27'c with dry humidity. Basically thrives in the target range (conditions/climate) we want to grow in.

Awesome week all

This is good to know, thanks.

So try keep humidity a bit higher to try prevent it and more constant.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

What do you guys think of the 60/40 milk spray.? I've used it with success.
Haven't tried the milk yet, bit will be an option of I have this problem again.

Lemon Juice worked pretty well at 3parts lemon juice to one part water. Leaves didn't seem to appreciate it much after a little while. Did the job tho

This is good to know, thanks.

So try keep humidity a bit higher to try prevent it and more constant.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Try avoid the spikes on each end but I think more importantly, I would try stabilize lights off conditions. Try keep the sway within 10'c difference and don't let that humidity climb over 55%/60% at night.

• Like 3

I agree with Jland, the extreme spikes will further encourage the PM. Ideally you need to keep the conditions consistent & non conducive to PM. Lemon spray is not a great idea, PM prefers a acidic environment to a basic one, rather use a baking soda solution. but neither are good during flower, same goes for the milk solution, although acidic, the proteins in milk work against the PM. If you change the PH of your leaves to 8.3, via foliar application, no fungi will grow.

Best solution is H2O2, natural & the plants love it. only time it would burn your plant is if you spray in the middle of the day - outdoor, or once your light is at full brightness indoor. the best treatment for PM is prevention. I alternate foliar feeds & H2O2 throughout the grow & switch to H2O2 only after 3 weeks of flower. I grow in a high humidity environment, but i have an extractor, an input & a circulation fan running 24hrs, with an ave RH at 70-80%, I dont get PM ever. 

"Powdery mildew is the most likely to occur when humidity levels are high (above 55%) when there is not much air ventilation happening in your grow area. It also occurs when there is overcrowding of your marijuana plants at the grow site or in the grow room. Leaves touching other leaves are more likely to spread powdery mildew to each other, making it even harder to eradicate when your setup looks like that."  ~ https://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/powdery-mildew/ 

"WPM needs moisture to thrive, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it needs water. Having a grow area with high humidity is all WPM needs to grow. This seems to be a bit problematic since young cannabis plants grow best in relatively humid environments (40% -60% RH). Luckily, high humidity usually only becomes an issue when it’s combined with the next cause (low/no airflow)." ~ https://www.growweedeasy.com/white-powdery-mildew

yeah! depending on your setup, ideally you need a circulating fan (general oscillating type fan) then an extractor & input. depending on your conditions, ie if you're battling against heat, extract high & input low, & visa versa if your  battling cold

@Jland its an essential. H2O2 is the easiest way to treat pests & fungi during flower without compromising your bud. it kills everything except your plant. Plants love it because when it degrades it turns to H2O & O, the extra oxygen molecule is excellent for your plant. The only downside is for organic growers, when used as a wash through (ie killing fungus gnat larvae), as i said it literally kills everything, so all the microbial life dies & needs to be replaced. in hydro, you can use it to oxygenate, decontaminate, your water & de-chlorinate it if you're using tap water. 

• Like 1

What do you guys think of the 60/40 milk spray.? I've used it with success.
The milky works good, I've also had hood results with bicarb soda and some sunlight. I enjoy all the organic stuff

• Like 1

I've never used H202, maybe time add it to the cupboard. Ventilation and circulation is your friend and a lot can be avoided even in extream conditions. Good information

The hydro peroxide will burn the kak out of the plants, I try and stay away from that

• Like 1

[mention=816]Jland[/mention] its an essential. H2O2 is the easiest way to treat pests & fungi during flower without compromising your bud. it kills everything except your plant. Plants love it because when it degrades it turns to H2O & O, the extra oxygen molecule is excellent for your plant. The only downside is for organic growers, when used as a wash through (ie killing fungus gnat larvae), as i said it literally kills everything, so all the microbial life dies & needs to be replaced. in hydro, you can use it to oxygenate, decontaminate, your water & de-chlorinate it if you're using tap water. 
Don't think I'll ever use it as a 'washthrough', but as a foliar for a time of need (not that there should be), sounds good!