Pat's Bikini Bottom Perpetual

Pat999

Thanks bru. I'm pretty happy with it so yeah definitely a good haul.

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

Good is an understatement Pat...
I'll be stoked if I get more than 50g dry weight off my 1st swazi lady. Harvested the last buds and main colas 6 days ago- still drying- high ambient rh here. But then again I'm growing outdoor.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Filling out nicely. explogro? Making you think. How are you feeding.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Yup explogrow. I inoculated them a few days ago with 6ml/L using it and then fed normal the last fed of a day or two ago and the next feed I'm doing more of the explogrow

• Like 2

Alrighty fellas well the girls are perking harder than any lady's nipple could, close up pics are of the AK which has just exploded with growth and the Blue Dream which is the other big girl. These two will both go into the flowering tent.

If the girls look skinny it's probably cause I trimmed half a checkers bag off of them all. They've grown back in tho so no worries

I've raised the lights a little bit just to give a bit more space tooDSC_1074.jpgDSC_1075.jpgDSC_1076.jpgDSC_1077.jpg

• Like 4

Looking amazing Pat. I’m stunned at the 2 panels you’re using and how great those plants look. Keep it up. I’m using you as a measure to see if my grows are successful or not hahahaha
LoL dude you are too nice. Yeah I must admit these panels are great but with the new Explogrow I've been using, it's even blowing me away. It almost costs me nothing to run the 120w required for the veg lights. Damn my inline fan pulls that power, so really glad I bought these QBs from Growopz. Hey well I'm also still learning day by day making changes learning new stuff you know.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pat999 said:

LoL dude you are too nice. Yeah I must admit these panels are great but with the new Explogrow I've been using, it's even blowing me away. It almost costs me nothing to run the 120w required for the veg lights. Damn my inline fan pulls that power, so really glad I bought these QBs from Growopz. Hey well I'm also still learning day by day making changes learning new stuff you know.

I have just recently ordered a new light as I’m helping my brother in law start a grow.

as we will be vegging collectively and he will receive all plants from me we got him a  301b setup.

in short. It’s 5 x 50w 301b panels @ 3000k with a 240w mean well driver with build in dimmer. So the LEDs should run slightly underpowered which will give a better efficiency in theory.

the panels also has a lens cover with 120degree spread.

the entire light setup was about 3k. I can’t wait to see what it does.

that said, I’m not expecting the same yield of course but Also not the 1k pm electricity bill. 

Truly impressed with your performance and hope I have a similar setup soon.

Right after I move into my new place as my house is smelling like a cheap brothel and the wife isn’t all too impressed.

• Like 1

I have just recently ordered a new light as I’m helping my brother in law start a grow.
as we will be vegging collectively and he will receive all plants from me we got him a  301b setup.
in short. It’s 5 x 50w 301b panels @ 3000k with a 240w mean well driver with build in dimmer. So the LEDs should run slightly underpowered which will give a better efficiency in theory.
the panels also has a lens cover with 120degree spread.
the entire light setup was about 3k. I can’t wait to see what it does.
that said, I’m not expecting the same yield of course but Also not the 1k pm electricity bill. 
Truly impressed with your performance and hope I have a similar setup soon.
Right after I move into my new place as my house is smelling like a cheap brothel and the wife isn’t all too impressed.
LoL I'm luckily a loner stoner so can spend money on these things that make me happy. I wish my electricity was only 1k a month. Its soon to be even more but I've got some ideas for that. That light sounds like a beast. Should definitely be able to yield 150-200g with it.

On 6/21/2018 at 5:22 AM, Pat999 said:

So here I am at work, just chillin it out thinking of how much electricity my newly set up, setup, will cost to run each month.

Pretty sure we all wanna know how much things cost us to use them, specially when you're trying to lay low like well worn road kill in this area.

Now some of you may know how to do these calculations, however if you don't, take a peek up my skirt right below.

To start off you need to know how much Watts your whole setup uses. Now alot of times I've worked out how much the lights will use, but fail to recon in the other 200-300w used for fans including oscillating fans and inline fans. These run 24 hrs a day and uses quite an amount itself.

So we go according to my setup:

Gavita is using 750w currently

Quantum boards are pulling 60w each, so 120w total for them

Inline fan uses 90-95w for low speed

Oscillating fans use about 45-50w each

To understand the KWH reading, you'll look at it always as 1 KWH = 1000watts.

So if my light uses 750w, I've used 0.75kwh for 1 hour. Always remember to Divide your usage watts with 1000.

My Gavita light will be on for 12 hours every day, so the following calculations are for it.

12 Hours x 750w ÷ 1000 = 9kwh for a day.

9kwh x 31 days (For the whole month) = 279kwh.

For my Quantum Boards they'll be on for 18 hours every day.

18 Hours x 120w ÷ 1000 = 2.2kwh a day.

2.2kwh x 31 days = 68kwh.

For the fans they'll be on 24 hours non stop till the panties drop

24 Hours x 190w ÷ 1000 = 4.6kwh a day.

4.6kwh x 31 days = 143kwh.

So if we add all these noodles into the big pot we have:

279kwh + 68kwh + 143kwh = 490kwh give or take a few.

At this rate I pay R1. 90/kwh.

490kwh x R1. 90 = R930 +- per month to run my whole setup.

I hope this helps anyone who's thinking of upgrading but wants to know how much it'll cost to run per month to budget out the rest of the electricity that you'll need for the fan you got on the toilet for when things get tough and you're sweating a bit.

If you have questions, pop them down below like a fat pimple.

Stay safe, be blessed and never wipe back to front.

Awesome grow @Pat999 been scrolling through the whole thread, I had to qoute this, flippen mooi explanation! This would make a great sticky in itself. Thanks man :-puffin  that is some helpful info's.

Flowers are looking JUICY, following along.

• Like 1

Awesome grow [mention=1162]Pat999[/mention] been scrolling through the whole thread, I had to qoute this, flippen mooi explanation! This would make a great sticky in itself. Thanks man :-puffin  that is some helpful info's.
Flowers are looking JUICY, following along.
What's up Dank, thanks man. I'll be making use of that again coming up soon with some newer plans to expand and run a bit better setup. Hopefully this next week will be an exciting one for me going into the next phase of the next grow already and one step closer to flowering.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pat999 said:

Lmfao dude do you know how extremely high I was when typing that up emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

I was kind of gathering it through your thread, lekker sense of humor.

I prefer your extremely high explanation to UncleG's search results! :-greenthumb

This had me laughingMAO this morning -  

"If you have questions, pop them down below like a fat pimple.

Stay safe, be blessed and never wipe back to front."

Legendary status bro :-puffin 

Vrede

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1

So it's another 2am garden session for me. I just love it. Looking at my girls flourishing ans enjoying the fresh smells they're already giving off, it's hard to imagine how they looked like just a few days ago.

The first photo is of May 12th, 10 days ago I thought they're pretty bushy.

The second photo is of me taking trimming scissors to them.

The last 4 photos is of them this morning. Freshly received a feed after showing a slight droop in some of them.

The plan is to clean the big tent today and have the flowering girls in their new home before 6pm. For now I'll be running the Gavita on the lowly 400w setting from 18:00 to 12:00. DSC_1071.jpgIMG-20190512-WA0009.jpgDSC_1079.jpgDSC_1080.jpgDSC_1082.jpgDSC_1081.jpg

• Like 1

So I just finished up wiping down both my tents with jik. My hands still feel kak even tho I had gloves on, however now the tents are a bit cleaner. Got the girls all chilling in the bathroom receiving light there. Just waiting on the veg tent to dry out. Tonight I start the vegging under the Gavita and hope to get my hands on the new pots and soil soon so these girls can really stretch their legs. The flowering tent will get 8 plants:

1 x AK
1 x Blue Dream
1 x Lemon Diesel
1 x Bay 11
2 x Amnesia Haze
1 x DC OG
1 x Strawberry Amnesia

With them going in the 20L pots I'll be able to train em pretty nice, hoping for 3-4 weeks of veg.

Eager to get my new controller and see what it's capable of, with auto adjustment on power given it'll run higher power during the night and turn it down a little during the morning for the veg period. I'm aiming for plants to be roughly 1m tall before I think of flipping to flower

• Like 3

So I was busy potting up my flowering girls. I have to say I'm not impressed with the root growth in the fabric pots, even tho growth is good the foundation isn't good. Except for one plant, the Bay11 in the square plastic pot was busting nut. Holy fuck tho.
First photo is of the Lemon Diesel which was in the small 1L fabric pot. No roots visible tbh
Second and third photo is of the Bay11 roots that was in the plastic pot
Fourth photo is of the LemD pot and plastic pot size comparison.

Now the question goes, this was the only plant which showed root growth like that, all the fabric pots had weak root structure, brittle soil when potting up and some even had no growth at the bottom of the pots. I want to see if I can veg nicely in the plastic pots then flower in the fabric pots 20'sDSC_1093.jpgDSC_1091.jpgDSC_1092.jpgDSC_1094.jpg

• Like 2

Remember these pots are self pruning and when the root reaches the side it will not grow any further but instead grow more roots on the inside(apparently). Could be a reason.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

It's strange bru because some of the plants had so little root structure about 3-5cm of soil at the bottom fell off or just remained behind. The Bay11 I squeezed a bit then took it at the base and pulled her out. No soil fell off and amazing thick roots, any visible roots in the fabric pots were much thinner and more sparse