Lost Coast OG - Lemon OG Kush - Blue Venom

TrailBlazer

Scrog seems to be about the best method for extra yield. Especially when combined with topping and defol. I'm just too lazy for that though. Prefer to pack the tent to the max and throw more light at them. LOL! I suppose, just like topping, there is a sweet spot for the amount of light they can take. Hopefully the 1020w that will be given in flower won't be too much in a 1.5 x 1.5 tent. Only one way to find out.

Thanks for the kind words Toby. Looks like you will be finishing strong.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MINI DEFOL UPDATE: I was only going to do light defol because I didn't want to stall the plants so close to the flip. I forgot that I planned to do it last night. So I was watching TV nice and blazed and then it hit me... defol! So I had to garden stoned. I got completely carried away and ended up doing a fairly heavy defol. LOL! Was worried, but I see they have perked up nicely this morning. Will have to see if I can flip on friday now. Might veg them until Sunday rather.

UPDATE

Day 42 and 35 for the lemons.

So the plants have bounced back from the heavy defol in record time. Just 36 hours ago they looked like scarecrows. You probably think I'm exaggerating. I should have taken a photo to show what I mean, but I was stoned so cut me some slack. LOL!

I added the second LED light last night. So now we are up to 960w in total.

20160615_065456_zpssl7zhda6.jpg

20160615_065609_zpsgwbsknlk.jpg

20160615_065744_zpsrhivabtj.jpg

Thanks GLO

As for the lights, I'm going to leave them there. Here is my thinking:

1. I am lazy

2. When the plants go vertical, and I start raising that HPS, they will continue to get more of the LED light. So a progression of sorts. The photo doesn't show it, but there is a noticeable difference in light intensity at canopy level when I turn the LED's on.

Lol lazy is not an excuse.

You can do it your way but you are wasting money by running then like that. Look at how much light the top of your reflector is getting lol....and in that pic it looks as if the plants are not getting direct led light , rather refected led light but that's from the pictures prospective.  the great plus led panels have is you can put them right on top of the canopy , I would say you are loosing a good 80% of your light positioning them where they are now . I would put them at least at the same height as your hps . I personally wouldn't be able to deal with that much light going to waste lol. Remember visule light intensity doesn't really count I would borrow your wife's s6 and test the lux

Just my 2 cents

Ok, you make a good point. My thinking was to ease them into the light by letting them grow into it. Using wife's phone to get lux reading is a great idea. I'm quite curious to see what it's at now. I'm actually going to be switching them off for a few days, as we are away, and I don't have them on a timer.

Tonight I will measure the lux, and then post here.

UPDATE

Day 4 of 12/12

I fucked up and left the LED lights on all day yesterday. So they didn't get their 12 hours of dark. They seem to have just powered on. I'm hoping nothing comes of it other than stalling them a little.

The 2 Lemon OG Kushes are playing catch up nicely.

20160622_072241_zpssubkhzka.jpg

20160622_072305_zpse1si70im.jpg

UPDATE

Day 6 of 12/12

Everything still going smoothly. I've noticed some rust spots here and there, but nothing to worry about. Seems to happen every time when plants start blooming. As long as the plant itself is healthy, I don't mind seeing a leaf here and there with a few spots on them.

Noticed a few small pistils on some of the plants. Also, the stretch is now on. Can see a difference in size in just 12 hours. Hoping they get to about 80 - 90cm. Haven't measured them, but they are currently at about 55cm. They are wider than they are tall though, and getting wider by the day.

The first row of plants are the Lemons. Notice how they've gown? I think they will be big. They have that nice branchy, open structure. Second pic is of my favourite Blue Venom. She is a beauty queen. Could be one of the prettiest plants I've ever grown. Took a shitty photo though, so I didn't manage to capture her in all her glory. Will take her out of the tent soon for better photos.

20160624_075048_zpstbzc95sd.jpg

20160624_075111_zpsjbdmyzhw.jpg

20160624_075153_zpsuwh1qyse.jpg

Thank you Toby!

That is just one of those fans that can mist and has a couple of other functions. The other fan I had in there was massive, so had to remove it. Even this one is taking up too much space. In a week, I will have to remove it as well and try and get my hands on a smaller fan I can mount on to one of the poles.