Lost Coast OG - Lemon OG Kush - Blue Venom

TrailBlazer

UPDATE

Day 33 and 26. Two more weeks to flip! Much excite.

The lemons are powerhouses! They are a full week behind the other plants, but you wouldn't be able to tell. Even when I up-potted them on friday, they just carried on growing like nothing happened. Didn't slow them down even an hour. LC-OG is also great. Just the Blue Venoms are a little iffy. They lack the vigor of the other 2 strains, and they seem to be calmag whores.

Some good growth in the last 3 days. I'm happy with where they are now. Will do another round of topping on wednesday. Will also add one of the LED lights this week.

We are fast approaching the interesting stage.

The 2 Lemon OG kushes are the first 2 plants at the bottom of the pic.

20160606_065904_zpslvcsjy4z.jpg

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE

5 weeks from seed, and 4 weeks for the lemons.

It is official. The plants are now taking off. Can literally see them grow day by day. The early topping I did, means the plants are not as tall now as the previous grow, but they are nice and bushy. Especially the 2 LC-OG's. I will top the 2 lemons for the first time tonight, and will top the LC-OG's for a second time as well. Think I will leave the Blue Venoms as is. Then next week a light defol. Will do the heavier defol 3 weeks after the flip.

20160608_063826_zps49y61pt0.jpg

The larger LC-OG

20160608_063859_zpstu0exnbw.jpg

Thanks Toby.

The perlite is an attempt to make it unpleasant for fungus gnats. I read something a while back that said if you topdress with perlite early on, it helps to keep those little f###ers away. Last round I was too late, but this time I have added the perlite early. We'll see. Are fungus gnats an issue during winter?? Just thought of that now.

UPDATE

Day 37 and 30 for the lemons.

Ok, so the LC-OG are now the stars of the show again. To be fair, I think they were the stars of the show all along. I was impressed with the growth spurt the Lemons put on about a week ago, but they've have slowed right down. The LC-OG's have powered on pretty much right from the start. I like the look of them as well. Looks like some nice sativa in the mix there.

When I topped the 2 Lemons on wednesday, I fucked the one up. Accidentally cut one of the growth nodes. Completely stalled the plant. No new growth and the 2 growth nodes haven't grown at all. So this morning I topped it again, but obviously one node down. Looks much better now and hopefully she bounces back quickly. I will show you what I mean in the pics below.

I will hang the one LED light this weekend and then space the plants out further apart. They are starting to encroach on each others space.

Can you spot the 2 vigorous LC-OG's?

20160610_073551_zpspy2iwx9f.jpg

Below are the 2 plants I topped twice. Plenty new tops coming through.

20160610_073654_zpsyiglp4pw.jpg

BEFORE: Notice the hack job on the left growth node.

20160610_073729_zps5qhhkkk2.jpg

AFTER: Much better.

20160610_082355_zpsaxhtcck6.jpg

Nice work trail...Excellent growth with each update

I'm betting on the Lemons to be your best plants from this grow...Always wanted to grow the OG#18 so hopefully they produce some top shelf bud 

Are you using those glasses or something to get such clear photos under HPS?

Thanks Cheese

I am definitely most excited about the lemons, and DNA puts out some fire. So even if they don't yield or grow the best, i'm sure the smoke will be good. Only time will tell though. Don't discount those LC-OG's though. They have some great genetics in their lineage, and supposedly quite a citrusy strain as well.

I added the one LED light last night. Plants were thriving under the extra light for the first 14 hours or so, then it looked like the plants were shying away from the light, so I switched it off. So will only run it for 12 hours at a time. In a few days, I will add the other LED as well and see how they react.

It is a 180w panel. It's quite far from the plants actually. Figured I would just let them grow into it. I will do an update just now and then you will see where I hung it.

Thanks, interesting, its strange that plants will shy away. Maybe they need to be conditioned to the LED and introduce it gradually? Im quite keen to see how it unfolds as my intention is to go full LED eventually. :-gthumb

UPDATE

Day 40 and 33 for the Lemons.

Last round I flipped to 12/12 on 40 days. This time round it will be at about 44 days for the older plants. With the extra round of topping, the plants are not quite the right size yet. Will do a light defol tonight. Nothing heavy, as I don't want to lay them bare a few days before flipping.

In the pics below, you will see the LED light I just added. There is another one waiting to go in to the tent. Think I will add that one tomorrow night. It is hanging quite high. Will just let the plants grow into the light.

I am very happy with how healthy the girls all are. The Lemons are still a bit small, but what can you do.

20160613_071043_zpsti5pwlvf.jpg

20160613_071106_zpsarepe7q1.jpg

Tried to capture all the tops coming through, but don't think I succeeded.

20160613_071143_zpsn6wtsmoo.jpg

I'm actually quite new to topping. Always just used defoliation for training. Last round I topped 4 plants and left 2 untopped. The topped plants yielded about 15 - 20% more. That was me convinced. So this round decided to top all 6. Only problem was 2 seeds (skywalker kush) didn't germ, so had to germ the 2 Lemon OG Kushes to replace them. That's why they are a week behind. Decided to top the 2 tallest plants for a second time, in an attempt to let the lemons catch up. Didn't really work though, as they are still the tallest of the bunch. LOL! So to answer your question, I would normally just top once and then use defoliation and staking to increase yield further.

Thanks for the input. Makes sense.  I personally only top max 3 times at alternating nodes as I grow scrog due space limitations. I read somewhere, cant recall the source, that to much topping can in actual fact reduce yield, so I believe there is a sweet spot wrt topping. I am also follow the act of defoliation especially when they start flowering. It does help the with bud development where they were previous covered with leaves. Some may argue you taking a away their solar panels so you wont really see the benefit at the end of the day.

Great going Trailblazer, appreciated the ongoing feedback  :-gthumb and good luck with your grow.