Lost Coast OG - Lemon OG Kush - Blue Venom

TrailBlazer

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alemo

So if it can be done better, but it is not your way, you won't try?  You're not getting the most from your coco. Read up Trail! You are a skilled grower and can really push your plants with a little change in technique!

You are asking me to change my entire feeding schedule. A feeding schedule that has evolved over the last few grows. I actually had some issues with over-watering a few grows back and a grower on 420mag suggested I let them dry out a little periodically throughout the grow. Not bone dry obviously. His advice was completely contradictory to many other growers who said that you can not over-water in coco. I was a little hesitant, but being that it was my first grow after an 18 month stay and the guy giving advice knows his shit, I decided I would do as he suggests. The turn around was phenomenal. Since then, I have adjusted my thinking. I'm not saying that I have the best feeding schedule for coco. What I am saying, is that I am happy, and the grow is dialed in. For me to completely change back to a similar style of watering and feeding that caused me problems, would be stupid on my part.

@alemo, I was over watering in coco, apparently once a day was too much. I think we could change watering schedules, but you'd have to do it according to your growing climate and plant maturity. My girls initially did well with once a day, then not so much. Switched to every second day and at the end, once every third day. If your climate is exactly the same, day in and day out it would be easier I think.

UPDATE

Day 18 of 12/12

Managed to get some photos at lights out. Much nicer photos.

Plants are almost at the perfect size. Just another 10cm (just over 3 inches) of stretch and I will be a happy man. They look like they have a bit of stretch left in them, so I think we will get there.

Last 3 photos are of a LC-OG.

20160706_084436_zpsqcftbtbe.jpg

20160706_084502_zps3wnpn6rz.jpg

20160706_084512_zps22najwi5.jpg

20160706_084528_zpsa0k6clvg.jpg

20160706_084142_zpscfljs3pe.jpg

20160706_084243_zps1so4xuiw.jpg

20160706_084343_zpsbihvprkf.jpg

Guest alemo

I have no problem multi feeding seedlings/teens. Veg twice a day, Flower thrice. Coco is hydro, when it dries, it becomes unfriendly. If you get the over water effect, the pot is too big and/or coco is not porous enough. If you're using more than 7/9L, you need to develop that root ball before multi-feeding. As below, so above and beyond.

Guest alemo

Indeed, not all coco is created equally, but can be prepared to the same standards. I buy a coarse coco brick from the local nursery. I expand with r/o water and add a shit load of perlite. Porosity is key. Then I let it dry completely. Then flush with r/o pH corrected, checking run-off until it is as low as possible. Then run equal amounts of a normal strength nutrient solution and Cal/Mag, EC of about 1. Then one more light flush and done. Always consider what your roots feel like, as a hydro medium you can't over water, but if there isn't enough air, then your plants can't breathe. My pots drain very quickly and dry quickly too, lots of air!

Guest alemo

What brand is the coco you buy. No name brand - it is  just a raw block

What pH is "corrected" In Hydro grows you should be aiming for a pH of 5.8

Which nutrients are you using, and what is normal strength to you? I use Nutriplex and use their schedule for veg, so about 0.5-1ml/L and check the EC. (Add some peroxide if you want)

When you run your nutrient and Cal/mag solution, is that total EC = 1 or EC 1 nutrients + EC 1 Cal/mag?

Sorry if these questions seem dumb There are no dumb questions

UPDATE

Day 20 of 12/12 and 10 of bloom

Not much to report here. The stretch has slowed down. Didn't get as much stretch on these girls as I did with the last round. I'm guessing the extra LED lights are responsible for this. The plants are very sturdy though. So they should be able to pack on some fat buds. That is my theory, and I'm sticking to it. 19.gif

Will defol the 2 Blue Venoms on Sunday. Then the LC-OGs on monday, and the Lemons the day after.

20160708_075711_zpsngrepr3q.jpg

20160708_075827_zpsxwxt2vdk.jpg

20160708_075850_zpsnytcklgp.jpg

20160708_075910_zpseaunhrh9.jpg

20160708_075938_zpsgiugdaym.jpg

20160708_075954_zpsnlhkbuyf.jpg

UPDATE

Day 23 of 12/12 and 13 of bloom.

The plants are now focusing their energy on flower production. I haven't noticed much stretch at all, if any, over the last 24 hours. Tonight defol will begin with the 2 Blue Venoms. They will also get some EM-prosoil tonight.

Last 2 photos are of the smaller LC-OG. The larger LC-OG is leading the pack in flower production with the 2 Lemons close on it's heels.

20160711_075736_zpshicd0wla.jpg

20160711_075757_zpsr6yxfjdx.jpg

20160711_075824_zpswcixyrn4.jpg

20160711_075841_zpsa7lkpssp.jpg

20160711_075858_zpstjimckag.jpg

20160711_075612_zpsvajefcvz.jpg

20160711_075639_zpstr1olq0m.jpg

Thanks Toby. There is definitely a smell, although not strong at this point. When I open the tent I sometimes get a coffee smell. If I rub the stalks though, I get sour citrus dank on LC-OG, and sweet lemon pledge on both the Lemon OGK's. Blue Venom has almost no smell. Just a very slight fruity aroma. So far LC-OG is the stinkiest.

UPDATE

Day 25 of 12/12 and 15 of bloom

Ladies are still doing there thing. I know from previous experience that not a whole lot will happen in the next 10 days. Buds will get a little bigger, but nothing spectacular. At about week 5, they will then start packing on the weight.

Did a moderate defol on 4 of the ladies last night. Just have the 2 Lemons that still need a shave. Will do that this evening.

Last 2 photos are of the 2 Lemon OGKs. They are now the biggest of the lot.

20160713_081821_zpsme43d8eb.jpg

20160713_081844_zps2vjbddzx.jpg

20160713_081855_zps3uoasfhh.jpg

20160713_081506_zpsxiobminh.jpg

20160713_081601_zpstuwrywnp.jpg

Thanks Cheese!

My previous run had 2 Exodus Kush. Both different phenos. One was more cheese leaning. That one got to about 1.4m in height. Flipped at 45cm. The other more sativa looking plant, which I assume was more OG leaning, it got to almost 2m in height. Also flipped at roughly 45cm. That was crazy. These lemons were flipped at about 32cm and are now about 80 - 85cm in height. So not as bad as the EK's but still a good stretch on them. So I would agree with OG strains being stretchy.  Not a bad thing, if you know they will stretch and can plan for it.

As for the drip system, nothing planned for that. If I expand, I might have to look into it though. Would certainly make life easier.

Yeah at least you know what you in for......After seeing this grow I am sold on getting a 1.5m squared tent as well

Yeah the drip system seems very ideal for coco especially for more plants.....Out of interest how many grows have you done with coco?

I think this is my 6th or 7th grow bud. Remember my Purple Wreck and Vanilla Kush grow? Was about 3 years back I think. That was my first grow. That grow went well, but then it all went downhill from there. LOL! Took an 18 month break, and then started up again about a year ago.