Greenhouse Powder feeding Bio line

CoolJ

On 8/13/2022 at 6:41 PM, CoolJ said:

Has anyone used the Greenhouse Powder Feeding Bio Line? I won a starter kit recently and would like any advice or tips if anyone has used it. 

Stay lifted 👊🏼

I've only used their PK finishing nute, which seemed to work well. I can't speak for their Grow and Bloom nutes though. IMHO they're priced for the European/US market and too expensive in general.

I know a guy that used the bio line. Grow + Bloom + Enhancer with Freedom Farms Formula 1. good results. 

mixing that stuff in with FF premium classic will be way too much nutrients for your plants.

if you mix in with pure coco/perlite mix, just make sure it's buffered. I am not sure if these dry amendments will provide sufficient cation exchange sites, you might end up with PH swings as it's not really a living soil in that case. 

If you going the buffered coco route you'll be doing more of a hydroponic style grow with organic dry amendments, which means you gona have to keep checking PH.

either way, you gona have to keep inoculating mycos on a monthly basis to help break down the nutrients for best results.

I can remember he mixed the soil for the first phase pots with the recommended amount of just the Grow amendment. 

when time came to repot into second phase pots, mixed recommended amounts of Grow + Bloom into the new soil going into the bigger pots. topdressed with Enhancer mid flower giving the stuff time to break down to be available towards end of flower. 

reason he's not using it anymore also linked to price cause he got more or less the same results using biobizz Grow, Fish + Bloom.

🤙

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

I know a guy that used the bio line. Grow + Bloom + Enhancer with Freedom Farms Formula 1. good results. 

mixing that stuff in with FF premium classic will be way too much nutrients for your plants.

if you mix in with pure coco/perlite mix, just make sure it's buffered. I am not sure if these dry amendments will provide sufficient cation exchange sites, you might end up with PH swings as it's not really a living soil in that case. 

If you going the buffered coco route you'll be doing more of a hydroponic style grow with organic dry amendments, which means you gona have to keep checking PH.

either way, you gona have to keep inoculating mycos on a monthly basis to help break down the nutrients for best results.

I can remember he mixed the soil for the first phase pots with the recommended amount of just the Grow amendment. 

when time came to repot into second phase pots, mixed recommended amounts of Grow + Bloom into the new soil going into the bigger pots. topdressed with Enhancer mid flower giving the stuff time to break down to be available towards end of flower. 

reason he's not using it anymore also linked to price cause he got more or less the same results using biobizz Grow, Fish + Bloom.

🤙

I'm thinking of starting in a 15lt pot with about 10lt 70/30 buffered coco and 5lt worm castings then switch to 25lt for Flower. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Honey-man said:

Quick question: What happens if you dont pay attention too the ph level?

Hey bud, sorry I got a bit distracted and taken away there from our private conversation 🤦‍♂️ will be getting to it first thing in the morning. 

If you want I can include some more information about this as there's a bunch more to it, but yeah the gist is that once your ph is out of range the plants stop taking up certain nutrients. 

1 hour ago, CoolJ said:

I'm thinking of starting in a 15lt pot with about 10lt 70/30 buffered coco and 5lt worm castings then switch to 25lt for Flower. 

this sounds perfect 🤙 you gona do any kinda microbial inoculants? probably not completely necessary as there's already a bunch in the worm castings, but you know the more life in the soil the better 😁

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

this sounds perfect 🤙 you gona do any kinda microbial inoculants? probably not completely necessary as there's already a bunch in the worm castings, but you know the more life in the soil the better 😁

Yeah will do some ExploGrow feeds and got given another product to test called Phytostim which contains a bit of microbes as well. 

• Like 1