Harvest

David666

What's up guys David here again 👊

Just want to say I'm highly appreciative for all the information and response received for my first post.. Must respect🙏 wish I could roll you guys a nice fat joint🚀

So I am currently at the point were I'm contemplating whether I should harvest what I manage to get from my grow or let it continue for another week or so..

I have done some research on harvesting and came across the pistol and trichome methods.. The pistols on the plant are about 70-80% amber in colour, if my maths is any good, and I have checked the trichomes through a phone scope but it's hard to tell if they are amber.. There are some pictures attached taken last time.. Not sure what I should do, if the weed is going to be any good.. Please help😑🙏

Screenshot_20211124_181405_com.whatsapp.jpg

Screenshot_20211124_181358_com.whatsapp.jpg

Screenshot_20211124_181352_com.whatsapp.jpg

Screenshot_20211124_181345_com.whatsapp.jpg

ay man!! looking swell there!

your methods are right man - typically i dont even start checking trichomes before 80-90% of the pistols have gone brown, and then its usually a week or 2 after that  when the bud becomes mature.

i know its hard, but try get some close up views of the buds, not the trichomes on the leaves, and see if you can tell what stage youre in.

the bud looks like it will be good though man, might not be the best smoke of your life - but its a far cry from the worst youve likely smoked so good job man!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CreX said:

ay man!! looking swell there!

your methods are right man - typically i dont even start checking trichomes before 80-90% of the pistols have gone brown, and then its usually a week or 2 after that  when the bud becomes mature.

i know its hard, but try get some close up views of the buds, not the trichomes on the leaves, and see if you can tell what stage youre in.

the bud looks like it will be good though man, might not be the best smoke of your life - but its a far cry from the worst youve likely smoked so good job man!!

Thanks for the positive feedback man. Not that results for my first indoor grow😎good signs so far just need to take it to the next level with the next grow... 

Il check the trichomes and also try and get some pictures.. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

You really need to check the trichomes to tell whether it is ready to be cut or not.

I use a USB microscope to check my, much easier for me this way. It can be a challenge with a phone and clip on lens.

Okay cool thank you...il get a USB microscope and check it out...

Yo devil boy 👹 

As mentioned above by the OG's, wait until most of the pistils turn brown and start curling into themselves, then you should be about 2 weeks from harvest.

Leaves are also a tell tale sign. Most leaves will turn yellow or at least have a proper fade to them.

Most effective still is to check trichomes. When 50%-70% of the trichomes has turned cloudy/milky and the rest have turned amber, you should harvest if you are looking for a stronger, more euphoric effect. When trichomes are ranging from amber to brown, this is when full maturity has been reached. Once trichomes turn amber they start to degrade in quality. By the time the plant is all amber and starting to turn brown, most of the THC has converted to CBN, which has a very relaxing, sleep aiding, couch lock effect. All is strain dependant and you have to experiment yourself to achieve your desired effect. ✌️

• Like 1