Extraction services - Community Feedback

Green Leaf Organics

Question

Hi All

I have recently started a cannabis consulting company and I just wanted to get feedback from the community if there is a need in the cannabis community for and extraction service company . I would be able to create and extract whatever people could want from Short path distillation , rosin , bho ect to creating vape juices and distillate carts for people with there own harvests for personal use . There a lot of people doing rosin atm but see very few offering short path distillation and proper BHO extraction. We could also go as far as edible manufacture for people with there own stock for personal use .

just wanted to get some feedback from the community of what is needed atm.

Cheers

Edited by Green Leaf Organics
  • Like 4

9 answers to this question

Hell to the yes man.

But what is always the case, these types of services are comically always only located in the Cape. Even just cannabis profile testing, also in the Cape. Shit is scarce in Gautengeleng, so I find small pockets of friends that will do it for each other every now and then but of course consistency is the problem. 

So ja dude, can't say the service isn't desired. Real problem is location of services. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Location is always an issue , I am based in the EC. Fortunately I have a good legal team and there would be paperwork involved in the transportation of the biomass to be extracted and the finished product . There would also involve photo reporting on the process for the clients as well as profile testing options . The client in any case would not be involved in the process as for example SPD distillation takes 3 days to winterize and filter the crude correctly and BHO takes 96 hours to purge correctly at low temps .

There unfortunately would need to be some level of trust involved as well. 

41 minutes ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

There unfortunately would need to be some level of trust involved as well. 

..and cost, goddam dude. Honestly already sounds way past my budget. 

Which would mean economy of scale, ie bulk bulk bulk, and that alone is riskay transporting kg's of raw produce and then shooting the extract back home. I believe the max transportable amount at a time is 1.2kg for a household of 2+ (proposed legislation, nothing concrete). 

Frankly dude, shit's only gonna work on a local, close to home model. Even better would be like those people that have the trailer doggy parlors that park in your driveway to give your fluffy companion a wash; pullin with a trailer geared with extract tech and spend the day extracting my cannabis right on my doorstep. Now that's something that would excite me and the community. 

• Like 1

Cool thanks for the feedback . I would like to make it affordable for everyone  , one of the biggest things I see consulting is the fact that a lot of people are growing and loving it but once they done growing they don't know how to get to the end product they desire and in my case it mostly meds the people want but they don't have the knowledge or equipment to take the next step . I was thinking R3 a g for processing basic extracts like rosin bho or spd

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

Cool thanks for the feedback . I would like to make it affordable for everyone  , one of the biggest things I see consulting is the fact that a lot of people are growing and loving it but once they done growing they don't know how to get to the end product they desire and in my case it mostly meds the people want but they don't have the knowledge or equipment to take the next step . I was thinking R3 a g for processing basic extracts like rosin bho or spd

R3 per g is really affordable, R300 for 100g of bud to be processed is not bad.

The convenience and time it saves, also not having to fork out for the equipment which can add up very quickly and then there is often some learning curve to the equipment too.

Have you thought about providing the option to lab test the final product, especially if people want to use it as medicine? Being able to provide THC / CBD percentages and so forth would be awesome! Get your extract back and it's already been to a lab and you know what percentage you are dealing with and can easily self medicate, accurately!

I do not know what the demand is like, but at that price I feel it would be worthwhile for growers who want more than just dry herb.

Shipping will need to be something to look into, it would need to be safe and secure - if you have a courier company in mind who are happy to transport bud and such without issues that would be a plus for sure!

One issue I do foresee, is the return from the extraction process. This largely depends on the quality of the bud, I can imagine someone sending his outdoor to you to be processed and being upset when he only get x amount of extract back when his friend who grew the "same strain" ended up getting x amount back when he did the same extract at home (or even via you).

• Agree 1

This is definitely a market that needs service.. I have a good vehicle and this exsact idea.. Sir.. If you keen.. Why do we not start a mobile service.. This vehicle crosses the country and profide this service in all major towns. And cities to forum members only?..  Defices for extraction can be sponsored by providers to lower cost.. This way a good service can be provided at a affordable price..👌👍🌱

• Agree 1

A mobile service is a great idea but practicly could be an issue as good extraction takes time. Rosin could easily be done but SPD and BHO needs days to be done properly . The courier company isn't an issue and legal documents would need to accompany all products at all times . I have a tester that does basic potency so all product can be tested before extraction to give a relative yield estimation and we could offer an full lab test option with terpene profile .

We must remember that no limits are currently set on cannabis,  as the bill everyone keeps referring to is a proposed bill which has now baicly been scrapped for the cannabis master plan . All cannabis remains the property of the grower and all we offer is a service 

• Like 2