Advice: how close am i to harvest?

Pierre76

I didn't read the whole thread so im sure someone already gave the answer, but in garding you can make things very difficult for yourself by taking in a lot of information, such as Temps, RH, environment etc which all does effect your harvest time but you can also keep things simple as getting yourself a jewelers loupe, and looking at your trichomes, you want cloudy with 10% amber or if you are specific on effects either less or more amber. But once amber begin to show you can plan to harvest. That's as simple as it gets 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Marzcanna said:

I didn't read the whole thread so im sure someone already gave the answer, but in garding you can make things very difficult for yourself by taking in a lot of information, such as Temps, RH, environment etc which all does effect your harvest time but you can also keep things simple as getting yourself a jewelers loupe, and looking at your trichomes, you want cloudy with 10% amber or if you are specific on effects either less or more amber. But once amber begin to show you can plan to harvest. That's as simple as it gets 

I do know about that part of looking at the tricomes, i actually bought myself a usb microscope for R300 and it has 1000x magnification.

The problem was sorted out in previous answers, i had light leaking into my home made cabinet and my plants went into re-veg and not completing the flowering phase. i am moving them today to a room inside my home to give them total darkness for the 12 hours needed.

Thank you though for taking the time to answer.

Regards

Pierre

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

Where about is the room, let's see how dark it is now, broad view of the room if possible?

Room is inside my home. we are blackening out the windows and putting up multiple layers of window blinds. also there is no electronics of any sort in the room giving off light and i am even covering the bottom of the door and key hole.... o just need to get ducting for fresh air.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

good morning guys.

As above tread shows, early in July you guys told me that there is light leaking into my growing room and that is why my plants re-veg'd.. so i moved them to a new room and blocked out all light at night.

That helped them flower but it is now 12 weeks later and as seen on the pictures attached , the trichomes are still clear as water. everybody said 10 weeks and it would be ready, some said take it 2 weeks longer.... 

Am i too hasty or did i stuff the plants up by putting them in flowering and then re-veging them ? i have not given any nutes for the last 3 weeks already. lights down to 10 hours per day

@PsyCLown

@Prom

@GGG

@The_StonedTrooper

1331799972_LH5102021.thumb.jpg.5f544ed64b1167c1cc3dab4c4c9ddeca.jpg

855441131_LHcola5102021.thumb.jpg.bc183b6ba7a53414bb8c74d78af1332e.jpg

640836958_LHmicro5102021.thumb.jpg.91305d2255bf42b690210126a18a05b8.jpg

Above is my lemon haze

147518069_NL5102021.thumb.jpg.2e4dfb16ef5ebd889af6a450b731db40.jpg

1955260131_NLcola5102021.thumb.jpg.3518c18a6fc191d5a31297c40b99da56.jpg

1723128239_NLmicro5102021.thumb.jpg.3ca063e42eb06e22a369f434de7de48c.jpg

804681293_NLmicro25102021.thumb.jpg.89c7fac5d3237d89e1441563b7145656.jpg

Above is my Norther Lights.

As you guys can see.. it all looks too clear for me , i cant see any milky trichomes'

Regards

Pierre

On 7/7/2021 at 8:44 AM, Marzcanna said:

i also have it like that but at 3% amber.. just thinking, i dont want to count to 100 to get 3 .. so 1 out of 10 sounds better, lol.. but look at the pictures i took with a usb microscope above. after 12 weeks i still dont see any milky tricomes even, never mind amber...

• Like 1

Yeah, based on trichomes looks as if they could go a bit longer.

The haze is a sativa which generally can take longer to flower. When I grew Ghost Train Haze I think I flowered for 15 weeks and it could still have gone on for longer to get more amber and cloudy trichomes in there... I was just tired of keeping the plant in flower.

Also did you have any issues with pests? The first photo looks as if the plant was attacked by some pests as the leaves look as if they have some spots on them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pierre76 said:

i also have it like that but at 3% amber.. just thinking, i dont want to count to 100 to get 3 .. so 1 out of 10 sounds better, lol.. but look at the pictures i took with a usb microscope above. after 12 weeks i still dont see any milky tricomes even, never mind amber...

52 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

The haze is a sativa which generally can take longer to flower. When I grew Ghost Train Haze I think I flowered for 15 weeks and it could still have gone on for longer to get more amber and cloudy trichomes in there... I was just tired of keeping the plant in flower.

Also did you have any issues with pests? The first photo looks as if the plant was attacked by some pests as the leaves look as if they have some spots on them.

This right here is valid, hazes can go up to 13+ weeks

2 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

nothing gets past you.... yes... had some bugs on them. does that also stun their growth?

3 hours ago, Pierre76 said:

nothing gets past you.... yes... had some bugs on them. does that also stun their growth?

I am actually not sure whether it slows down flowering times, but based on my experience it can lead to unahppy plants.

I had some thrips really damage a lot of my plants leaves in a previous grow and the quality of the bud wasn't great and I had one or two of those plants die before I wanted to harvest them. I believe it would also reduce the photosynthesis capabilities of the plant due to the damaged leaves.

I'd say monitor the plants and keep them in flower for a bit longer and keep checking the trichomes. If it appears as if the plant has died (stops drinking, leaves get crispy etc.) then harvest them otherwise the bud will degrade while in the tent and start to bleach etc.