Tried Monster Cropping?

Prom

1 minute ago, Prom said:

The new hype is Monster Cropping.. taking clones from flowering plants, reveg and finish.. somebody tried it? 

yea i have... by accident though.

what tends to happen when reveg is over, is a crazy amount of growth starts to happen... it is quite a tricky phase to get through as your one plant that was sharp with 6 colas, now suddenly has around 15. so you need to be selective about what you remove. also it is not so friendly going back into veg... the cuttings will spend a lot of time in reveg before normal 5 spoke leaves come back.

unless you really have no choice to preserve the strain other than taking cuts in flower...i would avoid it

i am also running into little issues that i dono how to deal with... stems seem more purple than normal cuttings, thinner woodier stems.

i much prefer to take cuttings in veg so i can avoid the reveg stage.. 

but regardless of issues i am having... if you want to explode your plant into having a bazzilion colas, then stick em in a flower cycle for 4 days and then back to veg... the plant will first shit itself and try stretch... then realize its been duped...and then take 2-3 weeks to get back into full on veg mode and by that time you will have a crazy volley of lower growth and new stems

• Like 1

I am as skeptical as you are.. but is the new hype right now ^^ people do it to really boost their harvests.. just made me scratch my chin so far 😂 also flower clones are way less rooting as veg clones.. chin scratching it is 🤔😁

• Like 1

Done the reveg thing outdoors a few times, not for monstercropping but to preserve a genetic.  

Like @CreX said, wild vegetative growth all over, every nodes seems to want to grow at once. Some growths get very stretchy(20cm internodal) and woody. Lots of cleaning up and defoliating. The clones I cut rooted well and the buds were the same as the mother. But its a lengthy process, so from an indoor point of view not sure if its gonna be worth it.

• Like 2

I have done it only ones and won't do it again , plant was in flower for 3-4 weeks and took 4-5 weeks to start with the the new veg cycle. Then you have to wait again about 2 weeks and then cuttings can be taken . To much time for me , il rather make more clones and flower more smaller plants in same pot. But to preserve a strain that you don't have a clone go for it then .
Hope I understood the question right

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H50 using Tapatalk

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Prom said:

I am as skeptical as you are.. but is the new hype right now ^^ people do it to really boost their harvests.. just made me scratch my chin so far 😂 also flower clones are way less rooting as veg clones.. chin scratching it is 🤔😁

Just because it is a hype, does not meant it is better.

I feel there are some other hypes in the cannabis industry which is not necessarily better, yet it is what is popular and it makes money for stores and suppliers of those products.

To me, it only makes sense if you want to save a specific plant and it's already in flower.

• Agree 1