I need advice please

Sup everybody.

It's taken me a long time to build up the courage for this post.

Mainly because I'm about to show you guys what my plant looks like..and compared to what I've seen posted on here my plant looks like Sloth from The Goonies.

Mine is a White Widow. Grown in coco/perlite and man...she's experienced almost every kind of problem there is. From overwatering/underfeeding to calmag/N deficiency, spidermites alles!

I didn't have much faith in harvesting anything from this plant and was prepared to just start fresh, but I stuck it out with her so that I could continue my learning process. She's now in her 5th week of flowering and that she's made it this far itself is a miracle.

Anyways, I've only just figured out I've also not been feeding her properly in her flowering phase. Before her last feeding a few days ago I was still giving 5ml each Micro, Grow and Bloom mixed in 10litres of RO water (450ppm). I've since rectified this and mixed 8ml Micro, 10ml Grow and 20ml Bloom (860ppm)

And I haven't even come to the worst part yet...

You see, winter in my crib is fucking brutal! My room, where my cabinet is also situated, is cold as balls man!

So now the temp in the cab when the lights are off drops to as low as 15 degrees celsius. It gets a max of like 25 when the lights are on, which is ok.

This has surely affected the plant as you will see on the pics.

The leaves around the buds are turning a dark colour. This only started a few days ago but is elevating quickly.

I did some research and iv found out that this could be a sign of Bud rot. Which is like GAME OVER if i understand correctly.

Anyways, have a look. Tell me what you think. And advise me as best as you can.

Thanks for listening.

W

http<a href=DSC_0209_zpsy7nfxtjg.jpg://" />

<a href=DSC_0204_zpsmozkxyuf.jpg" /><a href=DSC_0204_zpsmozkxyuf.jpg" />

<a href=DSC_0208_zpsy6lzjw47.jpg" />

<a href=DSC_0198_zpsujwl47vu.jpg" />

Your plant is underfed yes and it could've been subjected to a far less stressful life but I wouldn't say its down and out by any means. It might be tough but it can be salvaged for some medium grade bud.  CP says he wouldn't smoke it if its free but if you're currently smoking shitty street outdoor I guarantee you that you can still put out a product far better than that. Just up her ratios. Take the PPM to about 1100-1200 (White Widow is a heavy feeder!) for the next week or 2 and then start flushing. She won't be the best but at least you wouldn't have wasted all your money and time.

Nutriplex needs higher amounts than what they say, its not a bad nute range at all. If not the best in SA. Like I said you need to multiply the ratios by 1.5. In your case multiply by 1.2 at first.

@coco

Eish a bit harsh there bud..... I am I missing something here? That bud is underfed and going purple due to temperature but I would still smoke it... 

@wallis 

I am no hydro expert but that plant will still make it. You not going to get A grade but it will still be better than any street smoke. 

As for budrot , can you do a closeup of the area you think is effected? Generally you will notice sugar leaves dieing and if you pull them they come off easily and expose the rot.

Cheers

Reaf

Guest spootch

@coco ur plants better be proper A grade now bugger lol

@wallis I don't see any rot so don't worry bout that don't pull the plug mate, u will still have a banging smoke!

I think as u probably now realize when you transitioned from vegg to flower ur nute strength was to low! That initial 2 weeks of 12/12 is a crucial point @400ppm is way to low, I'm aim around 600ppm then slowly push it until I see her limit!

The thing is in coco the plants react quick so as u see the small signs u must react and make the changes straight away!

Keep us posted u still have time u could take her to 10 weeks that's plenty time for her to swell

I think you built up the courage just in time actually cos those buds still haven't even begun to swell properly yet so if you give them a good couple of strong feeds you may be in the clear :-gthumb I actually wouldn't even bother with a flush at the end and just feed her as much as you can while you can.

I've experienced the wrath of bud rot myself and it showed up a week before harvest. Random bud leaves just went brownish yellow and died. Then I checked inside the bud and found a nice huge patch of juicy grey mould.

As reaf says keep a look out for random yellowing dead sugar leaves/bud leaves.

Aaah, thanks guys. I was never expecting A grade from my first ever grow anyways. My main goal was to at least make it to harvest...even if it only produced 1 bud.

@reaf those pics are of the areas which I thought were affected. I guess when I saw the leaves darkening I panicked and assumed the worst.

Thanks for the advice 420 I'll make a new mix of nutes tonight.

@tk yeah I know now where I went wrong with the feeding when I switched over. Thanks for your input homie. Will keep y'all posted.

@coco don't apologise to me. Apologise to any other newbie who comes on here to learn who may have seen your post.

• 1 month later...

Hey Wallis, well done on the grow. So what if it's not A-Grade. I think you've done really well. This is the best way to learn. Photo's posted, positive comments and away you go. Any info that helps is good info. Next time, try posting pics early, get some early advice and keep posting. You'll learn SO fast! You will be growing A-Grade before you know it.