Diary Complete Strawberry Banana Cheese - First Grow (indoor)

Orcanic

4 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Otherway around brother. The craft soil is the white bag. The green bag is premium classic. 

Once the seed popped you can plant it into the green bag for sure. 

Guys with autos that wana keep away from transplanting even pop their seed in that soil. 

@EthWal

Winter time slows everything down, the colder it gets the slower things go. 

You got a dstv decoder or perhaps a modem or something that's constantly giving a bit of heat? You just wana get out the room temps, so pop that whole wet paper towel in a jiffy bag, grab 2 plates you would eat from and put the baggie between the plates ontop of the modem/decoder. Plates are there just so your seed is not directly on the device so you don't toast them and it acts as a little heat mat. Also, plates should be inverted ontop of eachother so the sides you would eat off faces eachother and the seed inbetween - so you don't crush the seed.

It was going yellow so I ended up planting it. It was germinating for a while

I had it between two plates wrapped up in a hoodie in my cupboard, which was fine for the other two. But for my next grow I'll definitely give it something that gives off heat too

42 minutes ago, EthWal said:

It was going yellow so I ended up planting it. It was germinating for a while

I had it between two plates wrapped up in a hoodie in my cupboard, which was fine for the other two. But for my next grow I'll definitely give it something that gives off heat too

The modem thing works bro. I tried it.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Otherway around brother. The craft soil is the white bag. The green bag is premium classic. 

Once the seed popped you can plant it into the green bag for sure. 

Guys with autos that wana keep away from transplanting even pop their seed in that soil. 

@EthWal

Winter time slows everything down, the colder it gets the slower things go. 

You got a dstv decoder or perhaps a modem or something that's constantly giving a bit of heat? You just wana get out the room temps, so pop that whole wet paper towel in a jiffy bag, grab 2 plates you would eat from and put the baggie between the plates ontop of the modem/decoder. Plates are there just so your seed is not directly on the device so you don't toast them and it acts as a little heat mat. Also, plates should be inverted ontop of eachother so the sides you would eat off faces eachother and the seed inbetween - so you don't crush the seed.

Yup.. sorry..

12 hours ago, Orcanic said:

Just did the first transplant now. Didn't go as smoothly as I wanted but I'm sure she'll be fine.

These are under a 240W Quantum @ 50% 24/7, with two oscillating clip fans on either side alternating every 12 hours 🙂

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-23 at 17.58.17 (1).jpeg

Howdy bro. Ur babies are still babies. U can even dim down that qb for the seedling stage. Save some power and reduce temps if u like.

• Thanks 1

So my tech-nerd side got to me a little bit.. Here's an update picture taken from my Raspberry Pi Cam w/ humidity and temp at the top (numbers are inflated because sensor is right next to light, just waiting for my mount to come next week). I have an extraction fan and then 2 clip fans on for 12 hours each, light is on 24/7 but I can control the on/off schedule from my phone when the time comes :)

My third seed has passed away I think, she sprouted and grew her small 2 leaves last week but since then hasn't made any progress at all. Will give her 1 more week just incase

tl_0013_0001_20200827_220750.jpg

• Like 2

Nice grow so far! They are looking healthy 🙂 

So I have been using the green bag from Freedom Farms too with BioBizz nutes. Using Grow and Bloom. 

I started feeding around week 3 or when they have at least 4-5 nodes and that worked for me. FF says to water between 5.5 and 6.0 as the soil is buffered against drops but not rises in PH. So maybe get a PH metre and keep an eye on that. I have been watering at around 5.6-5.8 (Using a BlueLabs PH Pen) recently (cheap soil PH metre said my medium was at 7.0..but its not that accurate with the difficult to read lines, so I reckon it is lower as the plants are happy) and no complaints from my ladies. I started with Bloom in the same week I flipped them to 12/12.

When they were in veg, I found the 1ml of Grow per 1 litre of water got me almost to the right PH. And then I add around 1ml of lemon juice (per 1 litre of water) which drops it another 1.0 or so. I am using store bought RO water. Cheap enough if you refill at the water shops.

Other than that it's been relatively easy growing. So I am sure yours will be too. Good luck! Will be following 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Live Canna said:

Nice grow so far! They are looking healthy 🙂 

So I have been using the green bag from Freedom Farms too with BioBizz nutes. Using Grow and Bloom. 

I started feeding around week 3 or when they have at least 4-5 nodes and that worked for me. FF says to water between 5.5 and 6.0 as the soil is buffered against drops but not rises in PH. So maybe get a PH metre and keep an eye on that. I have been watering at around 5.6-5.8 (Using a BlueLabs PH Pen) recently (cheap soil PH metre said my medium was at 7.0..but its not that accurate with the difficult to read lines, so I reckon it is lower as the plants are happy) and no complaints from my ladies. I started with Bloom in the same week I flipped them to 12/12.

When they were in veg, I found the 1ml of Grow per 1 litre of water got me almost to the right PH. And then I add around 1ml of lemon juice (per 1 litre of water) which drops it another 1.0 or so. I am using store bought RO water. Cheap enough if you refill at the water shops.

Other than that it's been relatively easy growing. So I am sure yours will be too. Good luck! Will be following 😉

Thanks so much! I ordered a cheapo digital number PH meter that's arriving tomorrow. Our process is basically identical but I've been using PH Up and Down chemicals instead. I don't like the idea of using those on my baby though, as I haven't done much research. I think that I will also try out the lemon juice, thanks!

4 minutes ago, Orcanic said:

Thanks so much! I ordered a cheapo digital number PH meter that's arriving tomorrow. Our process is basically identical but I've been using PH Up and Down chemicals instead. I don't like the idea of using those on my baby though, as I haven't done much research. I think that I will also try out the lemon juice, thanks!

No worries, happy to help with what I have learnt in my short time. I find there is so little out there sometimes (especially in saffa land) and to find your specific grow medium + nutes, + XYZ and to compare is then difficult.

The Lemon juice works really well and Baking Soda for PH up works well too. (used it the other day for the first time).

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

Nah, all is well... How they looking now?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

They started to get pretty bad so I decided to trim them. (like over 60% yellow)

This is her now (left), topped yesterday after the 4th node. Will top the other one within the next few days too

242561594_WhatsAppImage2020-09-04at07_53_26.thumb.jpeg.f922c2f13eaec9730b65fe0d9f241c50.jpeg

I want to LST my new colas next week and then top each of them once more, then LST again.

I installed a proper extraction fan yesterday.. trying to get that humidity down

• Like 3

They still aren't in their final pots yet, but I'm not sure when I should transplant.

I was going to do it next week so that it was a week before flower but now my veg is going to take a bit longer because of all the topping and training.. Not sure on whether to wait longer or transplant before I start LST next week

They still aren't in their final pots yet, but I'm not sure when I should transplant.
I was going to do it next week so that it was a week before flower but now my veg is going to take a bit longer because of all the topping and training.. Not sure on whether to wait longer or transplant before I start LST next week
I transplant just before flipping to 12/12 as well. Found it works out quite well with the 10L fabric pots, the roots should be filling up the space well and will hold most of the soil in place by end of week 6 in veg.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

I transplant just before flipping to 12/12 as well. Found it works out quite well with the 10L fabric pots, the roots should be filling up the space well and will hold most of the soil in place by end of week 6 in veg.

Perfect, thanks man :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...