Dank grows

Dank

Added some chopped up branches and woodchips around the side of the raised bed. 

This is mostly to help promote good fungal activity in the soil as the wood breaks down over time. 

It also helps to minimize evaporation. 

I added some well aged leaf compost again and tilled it over.

I will keep the soil covered with cardboard from  now on to maximize microbial activity.

20200908_162510.jpg

20200908_164642.jpg

20200908_165257.jpg

• Like 9
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Sup 420SA fam, HIGH time for an update.

I scored a awesome metal ring a while back, did what any stoner would, turned it into a 200 ish liter fabric pot.

She got filled mostly with cocopeat, peatmos, perlite, and a tiny bit of actual soil from previous grows.

Planted my Blueberry Kush #4 cut in the ring, hoping for a giant.

I planted some red clover as ground cover, in the raised bed as well as the metal ring. 

Also in the mix around the edges of the bed I sowed some marigold as companions.

In the raised bed I planted cuts from my small collection, Strawberry Sherbs (KushCookies f2 cut), Cheese (the same one i sent @1000Hills Nursery in the "Forum Cuts" thread), and Blueberry Kush #3.

Got some supplemental lighting in the evening to help the clones stay in veg mode.

The soil mix is drying out much better than I expected, and im watering lightly everyday to to avoid drying out the clover seedlings.

Peace n buds gowmies :-thumbsup

20201020_155249.jpg

20201102_093731.jpg

20201102_092849.jpg

20201102_093552.jpg

20201102_123353.jpg

Edited by Dank
Mistakes were made :)
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...

Been a bit of a slow springtime here, loads of overcast and rainy days made for a difficult reveg period.

Bug pressure is next level at the moment and a big majory of em prefer to hit the Sherb cut.

Had some serious Mg deficiency early on, been supplementing with Mg Sulphate / Epsom salts.

These pictures were taken last week.

Pictures: Blueberry Kush #4, Sherb, Dank Cheese, Blueberry Kush #3 and Tropic Banana #1 + #2 from InHouseGenetics.

20201216_142606.jpg

20201216_142640.jpg

20201216_142651.jpg

20201216_142723.jpg

20201216_142813.jpg

20201216_142837.jpg

Edited by Dank
  • Like 6

Aweh.

That is a funky fruity selection you got going there. Sounds very lekker.

Mother nature is making life hard up here. We had blistering days 35-39deg and 95% RH, our ac pulls 50lt of water per night. 

Got a Purple Pineapple express being harvested, luckily only lost 2 small buds to rot.

• Like 2

Thanks @Bos , i hope to get em healthy enough to withstand these bugs, but the beetles that come out at night are ravenous little okies.

Going to experiment with wildeals tea (just boiled and cooled down) as a spray to make the herb taste bad to the bugs, no idea if it will work, but i realised no bug touches the wildeals.

Good luck with the season up there, im sure the gals will get stonger and stronger as summer gets gooing.

BTW man I still owe you some beans, gimme a shout if/when ever u need something new to pop :-greenthumb

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dank said:

Thanks @Bos , i hope to get em healthy enough to withstand these bugs, but the beetles that come out at night are ravenous little okies.

Going to experiment with wildeals tea (just boiled and cooled down) as a spray to make the herb taste bad to the bugs, no idea if it will work, but i realised no bug touches the wildeals.

Good luck with the season up there, im sure the gals will get stonger and stronger as summer gets gooing.

BTW man I still owe you some beans, gimme a shout if/when ever u need something new to pop :-greenthumb

Outdoors you just have to keep on top of the creepy crawlies and maintian a good IPM.

Running some trials with a tomato leaf infusion, it contains alkoloids that are lethal to softbodied insects like mites and aphids. Want to try Gwarrie bush(var. natal and magic) as well, as no bug touches it. Seems it could have similar properties as the wildeals. 

We can do a bean exchange/swop, possibly in the new year. Always keen for new genetics.

Still have some Vanilla kush and Cookie bird stashed away curing sweetly. The change in flavour profiles and smoothness with such a long cure are unbelievable. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 3:13 PM, Bos said:

Outdoors you just have to keep on top of the creepy crawlies and maintian a good IPM.

Running some trials with a tomato leaf infusion, it contains alkoloids that are lethal to softbodied insects like mites and aphids. Want to try Gwarrie bush(var. natal and magic) as well, as no bug touches it. Seems it could have similar properties as the wildeals. 

We can do a bean exchange/swop, possibly in the new year. Always keen for new genetics.

Still have some Vanilla kush and Cookie bird stashed away curing sweetly. The change in flavour profiles and smoothness with such a long cure are unbelievable. 

Sounds good man, all for home made remedies and good ipm regiments. 

Super stoked to hear the herb cured and aged well, some good ol smoke for sure. :-rolled

Happy 2021 fam :-rollitup

The weather has been quite a bit sunnier lately.

My plants get a lot of shade throughout the day with the angle of the sun right now.

Trimmed the clover groundcover under the BluberryKush #4 cut for the first time, quite stoked how the smartpot is coming along.

I started training the DankCheese a bit, cause she wants to outgrow her neighbors. Plan is to go for a Hedge'o'Weed with those three.

The Sherbert and BlueberryKush #3 cut are much slower than the Cheese right now.

I have a mole that hits the raised bed every now and then, not sure how much root damage is happening.

The Tropic Bananas from InHouseGenetics are doing well so far, not many issues. A bug topped the TB #1 so she is starting to bush out nicely.

Blueberry Kush #4 cut

20210101_152807.jpg

Strawberry Sherb cut (Kush Cookies f2)

20210101_152919.jpg

Dank Cheese

20210101_153017.jpg

Blueberry Kush #3 cut

20210101_153032.jpg

TB #2

20210101_153117.jpg

TB #1

20210101_153154.jpg

Edited by Dank
Fixing errors :)
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sup 420SA fam, high time for a update.

Had some issues with my phone corrupting photos on the SDcard.

The hedge behind my plants is constantly gooing down leaves and old flowers. I put up a shadecloth to help catch some of it, also acting like a bit of a windbreak.

Plants had way too much shade in the middle of the season due to the hedge.

Campaigning with the landlord to trim them a bit this winter.

I see my pictures uploaded sideways. Damn this phone 😆

20210224_130559.jpg

20210224_130619.jpg

20210224_130632.jpg

20210224_130639.jpg

20210224_130534.jpg

Edited by Dank
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Tropic Banana #2 outdoor grown nuggies, tight trim vs loose trim.

Not much Banana in the no2, she is very nice tho, smells like a old rag in a mechanics workshop, lol.

Smokes is nice, potent erb, very gassy and earthy, but more like a diesel gas.

20210411_093143.jpg

• Like 4

On 4/14/2021 at 10:18 AM, CreX said:

how cheesy is that cheese?

Yo @CreX , she s pretty cheesy man, same cut i sent @1000Hills Nursery , but i coulda grown her better, really misjudged the angle of the sun over here in the new spot.

On 4/14/2021 at 10:30 AM, Bos said:

The frost looks good there, how about a smoke report?

Also got some cheesyness going- Bluecheese. Very keen, but they still have a while to go.

Thanks a lot @Bos , ill do a lekker smoke report on the cheese, thanks for suggesting! 🤙🍀

Quick smoke report on the Cheese @Bos .

When jar gets opened there is that familiar sweet earthy vrot sokkies smell, smells very much like Cheese in London, but has some fruity notes.

Its less greasy than the Cheese i saw grown in the UK, but has a good high, fast onset, heavy eyes, but not the strongest in my Arsenal. Still a fav tho.

The taste on the smoke is very earthy and sweet, some fruity hints on the exhale on this outdoor run.

It has that earthy coffeeshop flavour that lingers in your mouth a while after hitting it.

That smoke that makes u lick ur lips 😅

Awe @CreX , its all good man, im sure i can get a cut or two over there for you and your crew to try out.

I keep my moms quite small and fresh, will be a month or two to get u a lekker rooted cutting going. 

I have been meaning to get more avtive again and get some cuts out to the community, good thing you mention it 🤙🤠

You guys have so much of the InHouseGenetics gear up there, will be interesting to see if the cheese impresses u okes at all.

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1

youre right man! the okes up here are pulling off some mad shit! but even though the frost is here...the famous terp aromas which are rare still drive me crazy...

i still want a mad blueberry smelling pheno, and i want a cheese pheno that makes stanky socks smell like a holiday .

i think i have found a nice blueberry pheno - but time will tell

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CreX said:

youre right man! the okes up here are pulling off some mad shit! but even though the frost is here...the famous terp aromas which are rare still drive me crazy...

i still want a mad blueberry smelling pheno, and i want a cheese pheno that makes stanky socks smell like a holiday .

i think i have found a nice blueberry pheno - but time will tell

I think you'll love the Sannies Mad Berry then, top smell and taste, full Terps. 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 12:51 PM, Dank said:

Thats awesome man, be sure to test that Blueberry in a blunt! 

Here some of my Blueberry Kush #4 cut, scuze the trimjob, jar smells like full on grape koolaid.

20210419_125009.jpg

Grape koolaid.....now you talking😜

That sounds delicious, would love a go at that.

Just put some Blue Cheese clones out to flower, hope they bring the olfactory approval.

• Like 2

On 4/20/2021 at 6:55 PM, Bos said:

Grape koolaid.....now you talking😜

That sounds delicious, would love a go at that.

Just put some Blue Cheese clones out to flower, hope they bring the olfactory approval.

Nice, we also have a choice BlueCheese cut down here, from Dinafem, really a nice hybrid.

I will also be dropping some feminised seeds around Sept with some of my best motherplants :-thumbsup

Edited by Dank
  • Like 2