Watet PH adjustements

I used the above right in the beginning days when I was just starting out. Bought the ph up/down when I bought my biobizz nutes. 

I have to raise my ph more often than lower it so never had that much experience with the lemon or vinegar, but used the bicarb quite often.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I use Lemon a fair amount. I am growing as 'Organically' as possible and thus prefer what is around the house. I have found that 1ml of Lemon Juice in 1000ml of water generally lowers the ph by 1.0 point. I use BioBozz nutrients. So when in the veg cycle and only using 1ml per 1litre of Bio Grow I need to add lemon juice. When in Bloom, and using 1ml of Grow and 1-3ml of Bloom I seldom add Lemon juice. But it depends on your Ph you are wanting to get. More recently I have been watering at a ph of 5.6 in line with FF suggestions (albeit it on the low end).

I have not had to raise the PH yet, but I also heard that the Bicarb/Baking Soda method works well.

• Thanks 1

That list that Live Canna supplied will do... although I cant really see how phosphoric acid would do any harm to microlife and such. It's used as PH down with hydro. It's also used with beer brewing to lower PH so I really don't see any harm in using it. I found lowering ph with things like vinegar or lemon juice took a lot of the stuff to get the desired results to the point that my water stank of the stuff. Whereas with phosphoric acid you just need a few drops.

There are also options like nitric acid or citric acid(essentially concentrated acid from a lemon). Up to you though what ultimate route you wanna take. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, 420SA said:

That list that Live Canna supplied will do... although I cant really see how phosphoric acid would do any harm to microlife and such. It's used as PH down with hydro. It's also used with beer brewing to lower PH so I really don't see any harm in using it. I found lowering ph with things like vinegar or lemon juice took a lot of the stuff to get the desired results to the point that my water stank of the stuff. Whereas with phosphoric acid you just need a few drops.

There are also options like nitric acid or citric acid(essentially concentrated acid from a lemon). Up to you though what ultimate route you wanna take. 

Thanks bro. But to play it safe i got a liquid ph down. Didnt want too much to go wrong. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By biird
      Here's a report I got from Rand Water/Tshwane Water and Sanitation for June 2020. Is this water hard or soft? Should I go with GHE Flora Trio/TA TriPart for Hard Water, Soft Water or just the standard formulation? Also, would I need to add any CalMag?
      For organic growers, note the use of Chloramine..
      Tshwane_Jun2020.pdf
    • By Oolong83
      Hi all, i would like for this thread to help growers identify problems with deficiencies or Nutrient burn/lockdown.
      please feel free to post advise on how you diagnose your plants or attach a chart that may be useful for others to use. 
      Being a new indoor grower myself i have run into this issue a few times already and even though the guys on the forums are very helpful. It is still best to understand and know how to identify these issues. 
      Also both these issues can be caused by PH imbalance, so always, before making adjustments to feeding or even flushing, CHECK YOUR PH to ensure it is at the correct ph for your medium.
      i found these charts to help me best diagnose my plants, hope they help for you guys too.
      happy growing.

• By Jedi Messiah
      Hey guys, Completely new to growing. thrown a few seeds around to see what they do in the past, but never followed through.
      was hoping you guys could give me some advice, I'm planning an outdoor grow for this season, don't plan on investing too much, around R1500. the issue is I'm really unsure of which route I should go.
      Coco or organic soil. I've been looking into it, and the coco option is really appealing to me, but it seems daunting, and expensive for what i had in mind, and the organic option seems fine, but I'm not aiming for "fine".

I made two separate lists for whichever grow I decide on.
      Coco perlite hortimix a,b and mpk (from hydroponics.co.za) 3x 20l Fabric pots (although I've read around 11l pots are good enough for coco) found a very inexpensive tds and ph meter combo on bid or buy, its the same model the hydro stores stock for around  400. some calmag, ph up & down and then the organics list is not as comprehensive, because I went down the coco rabbit hole.
      soil (obviously) considering the freedom farms premium blend, or the hydroherb promix organic which is 50l for around R300, but i cant find enough information on the ingredients, also found something called orgasoilux. 3x 20l Fabric pots maybe some perlite?
      all the potting mixes I've seen, say they feed for s short time, so which nutrients does one add after that period? would some vermicompost do? or would i be better off going for the hortimix combo as it can be used in organic soil too, but then the water has to be ph'd to make it available to the plant.

basically I'm really keen on the coco, because I'm looking for quantity and quality bud, but I don't want to invest too much, and be too inexperienced to actually get a good yield, or even worse kill the plants. does anyone use the hortimix a,b and mpk, is it simple?
      I'm planning on getting some feminized seeds too. the royal gorilla, silver haze and utopic haze. will they do alright in our climate? can anyone suggest some good strains for outdoor container growing? whats the best local seedbank? any that have a no germinating return policy? thinking of going with biltong and buds or cannasmiths, thoughts?
      any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.