Keeping the babies warm in Winter

Popcoen

@Kiteloop What ive gathered from research is insulating the floor works nicely, ive got my plants on a layer of polystyrene and thats worked pretty well, i had my heating messed up but its sorted now, using a fan heater to bring the temps to a comfortable level for my plants and this has been good so far! Are you using any type of heating?

• Like 1

Hmm, do you have issues with RH if you turn your extraction fan off or is it really just to get some fresh air in?

If its due to RH, I'd get a sensor which will turn the fan on/off based on the RH. If its just to get fresh air in, I'd say put it on a timer and turn it on every now and then only - a digital timer is easy enough to find and not that expensive - cheaper than electricity with a heater running 24/7

You should also have fans inside your tent circulating the air around, it should not be the extraction fans job to do that IMO.

If it were my setup, that is what I would do if I was growing in a shed.

• Like 2

@PsyCLown I have a humidifier going as the heater dries out the air, so i need the extraction fan on the regulate the RH, i have 2 fans inside of the aswell to circulate the air, so far it seems to be working well, i did what @CreX advised and so far looking good! :-thumbsup 

Heater has a thermostat so is only on when temps dip, so far im happy! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kiteloop said:

Looking for ideas for the floor in my grow room. I’ve got a setup in the garage and thinking of covering the floor to help raise and maintain the temperature in the room.

Thoughts about a carpet maybe ? 

I had carpets in my garage... 

Bottom line is that if nothing is heating the room up, a carpet isn't going to raise or maintain the Temps better. 

Insulate the room as best you can to prevent the escape of warm air.