Blueberry Late flower Final Weeks

NinjaMaster

Hey guys,

Here is my girl around 10+ weeks into flowering.
Blueberry berry fem

How long do you think she can still go?
Another 2 weeks? less? more?
We are gonna find out for sure. im not cutting her until all those pistils recede and she fattens up and makes some amber trichs.

Ill be posting updates every few days until harvest.

IMG_20200219_213531.jpg

IMG_20200219_213545.jpg

Edited by NinjaMaster
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, NinjaMaster said:

Hey guys, ill get some close up pics later tonight
as for Trichs. Only just starting to go cloudy.
There are still Clears! im shocked. absolutely zero amber trichs

Sometimes they can come as quick as overnight, and then your harvest window closes quick quick. 

Just keep checking, they shall come.

7 hours ago, NinjaMaster said:

ive noticed that when the plant starts to smell max dank - is also when it starts to have a few ambers popping up.
is there a point of diminishing returns? what kind of % amber vs cloudy should i go for?

On 2/20/2020 at 6:31 PM, Ill_Evan said:

..what kinda effect you want; more energetic? Harvest sooner. Couch-lock? Harvest later. 

Depending on what effect you want will determine what % amber vs cloudy you will look for. 

when-to-harvest-cannabis-diagram.thumb.jpg.e352d5f5dd8eb61d3736a74e99f4ea44.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Hey guys,

An update. its starting to smell like ripe fruit or something. kinda like berries.

before it just smelled like a plant. so i think its reaching the end soon.
Its getting so heavy ive had to put in another support stick and tie the one cola to it.
The one cola looks a little like it might snap right off if it gets any more thicc.

Lemme know what you think.

IMG_20200223_190815.thumb.jpg.dd9099c1e3c75ed561b3de471aa404fb.jpg

IMG_20200223_190803.thumb.jpg.b0d94fcddbb78080ece634bd74078df1.jpg

• Like 1

I would say you are entering the the harvest window, which could last a few weeks depending on the strain.

The original blueberry was selected by breeding a lot of Thai genetics then crossed with a indica.

To me it looks like your plant is leaning more to the Thai bud (I can be 100% wrong) which will have a much longer finishing time.

You could drop your light cycle to 11/13 if you want to rush it along.

Looking at the fresh pistils on the bud you are at early stages, depending on the type of high you would like, you can either harvest bit earlier or wait a bit more, 1 or 2 weeks I would guess till all pistils are swollen.

Edited by Dank

13 hours ago, Dank said:

I would say you are entering the the harvest window, which could last a few weeks depending on the strain.

The original blueberry was selected by breeding a lot of Thai genetics then crossed with a indica.

To me it looks like your plant is leaning more to the Thai bud (I can be 100% wrong) which will have a much longer finishing time.

You could drop your light cycle to 11/13 info want to rush it along.

Looking at the fresh pistils on the bud you are at early stages, depending on the type of high you would like, you can either harvest bit earlier or wait a bit more, 1 or 2 weeks I would guess till all pistils are swollen.

Hey man thanks for the advice,

I think ill flush her this Saturday and then water with plain PH for another 5 days.
So thats like 11 days to harvest then. I think in that time it should swell up and be a little more ready

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, NinjaMaster said:

So,

I cut off a small bud and chopped it up.
Threw it straight into my Vaporizer and vaped it.
Taste was nasty. i probably just vaped some nutes. But after blazing the whole thing finished - im definitely baked.
Not heavy like my OG Kush buds. But still noticeably baked. 

Did the same. Got mad headrush and then a headache..still baked though

Edited by Ill_Evan

im only doing it to try and judge how the high would be if i cut right now.
cos i can look @ trichs all day but i can only judge the high by getting... baked.

I had a bong of the leftover stuff that i chopped yesterday. let it dry in a shotglass for 24 hours.
Decently stoned for like 1 hour after hitting that bong.

haha

Edited by NinjaMaster

ok guys,

its been a few days and im starting to think i should maybe flush this girl.
I almost started the flush today but i thought id just wait it out an extra day or 2

Its starting to look swole af.
Also i checked the Trichs. Mostly Cloudy. the main colas are like 100% cloudy. The bottom popcorns are mostly cloudy.
Still no signs of amber trichs.

6acf7757-b278-4f9b-919c-e3a77744945f.thumb.jpg.15ab0ee7d98a526a772e35d85f5865f6.jpg

7024a341-9916-4a49-bf2c-ea2da6355bdf.thumb.jpg.b6efebb4558bcf0402fedd4335a34166.jpg

7f772cbb-4aa2-4c28-8679-6725439a68e6.thumb.jpg.b5f6e14bcd66673d7119ed1f3e4b4fe1.jpg

Edited by NinjaMaster
  • Like 4

Nice one bud! 😑 Looks tasty af 🤤 As for the flush, you can measure the EC of the runoff to see how much salt has built up in your "soil" and so decide how long you should flush. This is just my opinion though but I'd think more salt build-up would indicate that your plant is "full" (assuming that you were increasing nutes gradually and it's not build-up from an initial massive dose, in which case the plant probably wouldn't have survived anyway 😅) whereas if there isn't much build up, it'd mean she's probably not as full (unless you were feeding the exAct amount of nutes necessary). People who have huge salt build-up need to flush for longer to remove all those excess salts. If you use a grow bag you can actually see the salt build up around the sides of the bag. If you're not heavy handed on nutes, 5 days flush is long enough for peace of mind 😉🌱🌱🌲🌳

• Like 1

yeah man. i usually flush for 5 days. 
i water my coco to runoff. i take the plants and put them in the bath tub every single night and water until there is about 20% runoff. to avoid buildup
I also nute lightly.

But do you think i should let it go longer lol?
i mean ive made it this far. or do u rate im just wasting time now and i should start flushing?

This is basically my first time letting a sativa just go as long as it wants. i usually stick with indica.

Edited by NinjaMaster
  • Like 1

Sativas really take their sweet time. 20% per day wow that's a lot of runoff (and effort). I would think once a week would be fine but hey, it looks like it's working 🤤 I use coco/perlite but I add soil amendments and try to encourage mircobial life so flushing that much wouldn't be ideal. I use way less nutes than I used to (using only soil&coco). I feed Kalpak and Seagro as well as added microbes and since yesterday some LAB (Lactobacillus). I have little mushrooms popping up everywhere in the soil 🍄 I feed this natural goodness for a few days and then some NPK (part A&B) for a few days. The plants eventually start to show you what they're lacking (usually magnesium & potassium in my case) and so I add some epsom salts (mag) and MPK (potassium & other). I've now made some Lactobacillus mix and apparently that stuffs the shit so.. :rastabanana It's really easy to make! Good luck with these last few days vefore your harvest! These could well be the longest days of your life 😄

• Like 2