Cannabis license

1000Hills Nursery

"Our focus as the government is ordinary communities in rural areas, because they have a long history of growing and consuming cannabis - though they have been doing it ­illegally."

Who living in a rural area is going to cough up R23000.00 for a license to do what they have been doing all along?

That's a good question.....

Not sure how much truth there is, but it seems the legeslation and regulation is going to be prohibitively expensive.

Only 23K for a licence....nevermind land, water, eletricity, infrastructure and security requirements. (You can distill moonshine in your garage with a R100/year licence)
Where is the small guy in this picture?

Is there a place for a artisinal small scale grower like myself??? Starting to get the feeling that I'm too small a fish in this pond. (Speaking for myself-other members should add their own opinions)

''Cannabis Growers Cooperative'' anyone?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

"Our focus as the government is ordinary communities in rural areas, because they have a long history of growing and consuming cannabis - though they have been doing it ­illegally."
Who living in a rural area is going to cough up R23000.00 for a license to do what they have been doing all along?
I was also wondering about that...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Bakstein420 said:

I hear you, one statement was promising though.

"...We are however not going to marginalize the ordinary south african, everybody will have the opportunity..." or something to that effect.

All we can do is hope for the best...

• Like 2

Well - with Dube-Ncube , it is not going to be easy. lol

I am all for a CDC in SA

Problem is you hef to be blek to get anything from this local zulu gubment. IF they do not get their cut, you haf no bisiness doing bisiness

Look after yoself first. Be safe and be insignificant. Then get a club or co-op going.

Here where I live, da council voted to build a Maize milling plant and 'ordered' one. They have yet to produce a bag of mazampan with their 3 yr old plant. They have now asked da boere to donate maize. WTF!?!

A small co-op amongst growers will do it. I am setting up as an extractor contractor. Washplant bought to batch wet green.

• Like 2

You might have a license to grow for R23000 but your product will still fall under the Medicines and Related Substances Act. Your product will be scheduled, will need to be registered per strain and per product made and quality control standards will come into play.

Okes playing in the black market that try going legal under whatever legal framework is presented here might as well just stay in the black market. There will be no ability for the small farmer to make a legal living off of the herb in SA anytime soon. I predict things to go the same way as it has in Canada; commercially focused, focus on exports, and fokol for the little guy.

• Agree 2