Humidity

SkunkPharm

How are you doing your drying? In a closed space or in a cool open area? 

Ideally you want to maintain roughly 60% to 65% humidity while the bud is hanging to dry... If you do that it should take about a week to dry nicely. 

At the time the bud goes into jars, you bring the humidity down to 55% and let it sit at that RH for as many weeks as you can. 

And keep the Temps low! Definitely under 25° or you will lose terpines and cry😜

This crazy weather seems to play havoc everywhere.
We've had to shorten our hanging/drying times due the lack of humidity.
Buds now finish up in a dark cupboard with decent natural ventilation before jarring.
Was losing too much moisture too fast, which would affect/stop the curing process.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I actually envy you guys that have naturally low humidity. Well not for the drying phase per say. Here in durbs the humidity is high. Takes me almost 2 weeks drying time to get the buds dry enough for an easy trim. I use a portable ac to lower humidity and keep drying area cool. 

😀Anyone else pluck early even when trichs are clear?

I actually envy you guys that have naturally low humidity. Well not for the drying phase per say. Here in durbs the humidity is high. Takes me almost 2 weeks drying time to get the buds dry enough for an easy trim. I use a portable ac to lower humidity and keep drying area cool. 

Anyone else pluck early even when trichs are clear?
Well that depends on the circumstances. I always wait untill I can see some amber trichomes. I dis harvest a bit early on my last run. All seems good thus far.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Try get a small diskem humidifier and place outside the tent. Monitor things. Conditions change all the time.

Do it on the 2nd day of drying. It's quite beneficial having low humidity for the 1st day. It kills of those fan leaves and gets things safe so you don't have to worry about mould etc especially if you have alot to dry

Just now, SkunkPharm said:

Well that depends on the circumstances. I always wait untill I can see some amber trichomes. I dis harvest a bit early on my last run. All seems good thus far.

Not talking about harvesting. Just stealing 1 2 colas of those new flavours you run early. I take notes of the flower and add to log

5 hours ago, SkunkPharm said:

Normally I dry in a cupboard with a fan to circulate air. But humidity had been extremely low this week after the rain. My tent is below 40% even after I had watered. Just asking if any one is using humidifiers in there drying area.

If you could use a tent for drying it would be really good... Cut the ventilation and just use a circulation fan... 

If you don't pull new air in... The humidity from the plants and maybe a bucket of water will really go a long way. 

A humidifier will work great too if budget isn't too much of a concern

• Agree 1

I use a tent to dry in, in JHB has been super dry. I have had my humidity creep up to 80% after the first day where outside was in the 30's

You could even go a step further and get a controller which monitors RH and then connect it to a humidifier and/or extraction fan to keep the RH on point. I will be doing that next time.

• Agree 1