Diary Complete Totemic Chocolope F4's alongside my BlueberryKush F2's

Dank

Creating this thread to showcase the rest of the ladies in my growbox during the 2019 Indoor Growoffs.

We can only track one of the Chocolope x NorthernLights F4 gen, so I will keep track of the other ChocoNL (number 3) here, alongside my 2 x BlueberryKush F2 gen plants.

The Chocolopes have the prime spot under the hps and the BlueberryKush plants are directly under the cfl, but get quite a bit of ambient light from the hps.

Day 1 Flowering - Week 1

Hibillybox diary start Aug9.JPG

Edited by Dank
  • Like 6

Day 8 Flowering - Week 2

The Chocolopes have been very well behaved and creating a beautiful canopy under the hps, I can't really say the same for the BlueberryKush's, they have been stretching and making their massive leaves to try and catch as much light as they can.

I managed to snap a few branches of the BlueberryKush while training them this week, usually the worst time to train is when lights go on and when you have not watered in a while. Best time to train is after a watering in my opinion, but in this case the 2 snapped branches helped me tame the girls a little bit. They are trying to show off to the Choco's I think. :-rolled

Here are a few update pics, I will try take more closeup shots when I get some pompoms going. Sorry about the quality of the pictures, working on it. 

Peace and love stay green yall!

Topview of the garden.

Hilbillybox Diary - Day 8 Flwr - Aug 15 (1).JPG

The great divide, BlueberryK to the top, Chocos to the bottom.

Hilbillybox Diary - Day 8 Flwr - Aug 15 (2).JPG

BlueberryKush's being bit overkill on those fan leaves, happy plants though.

Hilbillybox Diary - Day 8 Flwr - Aug 15 (3).JPG

Edited by Dank
  • Like 9

Day 15 Flowering - Week 3

The scrog filled up nicely, only problem is the one BlueberryKush is beyond vigorous and is dominating her sister.

Im letting them do their thing, i cant defoliate them too much right now as they produce very little leaf once in bud. 

The chocolopes are doing great, i have been defoliating under the screen, not much lst training now.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Totemic said:

You'll find if you gonna breed that line further, it gets more stable, and consistant Ito pheno expressions.

Thanks for your input @Totemic, I appreciate it :-rolled

The F2 generations seems to be like a Pandora's box, the original breeder in Cali only used 1 male plant, the bratjie in SA that made the first F1-IBL cross (the beans i received) unfortunately used 2 males on 1 mother plant. This was around 2012 if I remember correctly.

So my F2 is actually the F3-IBL since the beans got to SA, but I have been trying to select the bigger (more vigorous and ofc smelliest) male, and only have one male every time I make a cross. This is the first year I am working on the Purple/Berry (F2) selection from my original F1's.

I think these two moms might be where I break away from the original cross that had two males, one was small leaved, and the other nice big fat leaves.

I can see very little variation in the chocolopes, in the pictures its hard to tell the Choco #3 (left) from Choco #5 (right), compared to the F2 generations of the BLK.

Edited by Dank

• 2 weeks later...

Week 4 Flowering

All good going with the ladies, except i guess for some humongous stretch from the BlueberryKush.

Here are a few pics of the plants at the moment. 

The stretch is stong with this one.

image.jpeg

Chocolope canopy

image.jpeg

Blk pompoms

image.jpeg

Chocolope flower

image.jpeg

Edited by Dank
  • Like 3

Week 5 Flowering

All good in the Hillbillybox hood, the Blueberry Kush has chilled with its stretch, the Chocolopes and the BLKush are starting to sugar up and some nice flavours perculating.

Chocos have a nice aroma like fruit loops cereal and a bit spicey as well, very nice, the BLKush is smelling very fruity blueberry muffin with the small plant having that pink bubblegum smell to it, alongside the classic berry aromas.

They have been getting some light feedings and I will be increasing the P and K a bit from now on.

image.jpeg

Blueberry Kush flower - The strectchy one 🦄

image.jpeg

Chocolope NL flower - Not in the comp but dank as hell

image.jpeg

Edited by Dank
  • Like 4

Week 6 Flowering

It is the start of week 6, pictures are from day 36 flowering (last night).

The last week was not ideal in the HilbillyBox for the ladies, i had two days where It hit over 30 degrees, even though im flowering them during the night.

RH has been between 60% - 75%, not a ideal week 5. :(

The BlueberryKush stretchy pheno is clawing on some of the leaves, maybe a bit sensitive to N, the Chocolope is happy and doing her thing.

Just feeding some half strength nutes with more P and K now. :-greenthumb

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

On 9/14/2019 at 11:19 PM, Smelly Joe said:

What a stretch on that blueberry Kush of yours. How is she doing up there??? 

For sure she is not playing around, heads in the clouds, she parked herself off about 5cm away from the cfl (gooing buds up alongside it), still got about 15cm then she will be hitting the roof!

Luckily this BlueberryKush does not stretch much after initial budding starts, im super happy with her, smell is tangy tangy berry.

Edited by Dank
spelling mistakes
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Flowering Week 8

Today is the start of week 8 flowering for the beautifull ladies.

There is not much to report on, humidity levels have improved a little bit, but still very far from a perfect grow.

What the ladies do hav going for them is a lotta lotta sugar and very nice aromas indeed.

The ChocoNL is interesting with her scents, sometimes almost smelling like a chemdawg, but today is that fruity cereal again. :-rolled

The Blueberry Kush is hard at work pumping out that berry jam resin, so far so good.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Week 9 Flowering

The hilbilly box is starting to smell so good, the Choco's and BlueBerryKush's really busy pumping resin right now.

Finally managed to take some better quality pictures of the beautiful ladies.

On the feeding schedule I have still been giving more P and K and lowering the N a little bit more, already very little N going in, fertiliser wise.

Buds are a bit small for my liking at this stage, but it is due to growing conditions , and of course, the grower (ME 😇) created them! This is not because of bad genetics.

Happy growing yall.

20191006_201330.jpg

Under the hood

20191006_202141.jpg

ChocoNL bud not in the comp

20191006_201909.jpg

20191006_201547.jpg

ChocoNL bud in the comp

20191006_201934.jpg

BlueberryKush The stretchy one

20191006_201753.jpg

Crouching calyx Hidden blueberryK

20191006_201617.jpg

Edited by Dank
  • Like 3

Week 10 Flowering

Couple of days into week 10 of flowering now and the ladies are covered in resin. 

I am only feeding some P and K at the moment.

The RH is still not grand, some days it does not go below 60%, pretty crappy, but on the flip side, the Chocos and BlueBerryKush's are not showing any signs of PM or budrot at this stage.

Going to try take em all to 11 weeks at least, lets see how it goes!

Thanks for stoppinh by, peace and buds my growmies ✌️

20191012_193724.jpg

BluberryKush - The stretchy one 🦄  photo with flash

20191012_194650.jpg

BlueberrKush - The hidden one, photo with flash

20191012_194629.jpg

Totemic's Chocolope, not in the comp, no flash

20191012_194427.jpg

BluberryKush - The stretchy one 🦄  No flash

20191012_194204.jpg

BlueberrKush - The hidden one, no flash20191012_194108.jpg

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1

Week 11 Flowering

Start of week 11 today and some of the girls are starting to finish up.

Right now it looks like the one Choco and one BlueberryKush will most likely finish before the others.

Looks like I will have to flower into week 12. Let's see how it goes. 

BlueberryKushs

20191017_203940.jpg

20191017_203922.jpg

20191017_202029.jpg

20191017_201957.jpg

20191017_201915.jpg

Chocolope #3

20191017_202226.jpg

20191017_202059.jpg

20191017_203822.jpg

Choco trichs

CM191017-204246004.jpg

BlueberryKushs trichs

CM191017-204156003.jpg

CM191017-204135002.jpg

Edited by Dank
  • Like 2

Week 12 Flowering

Here we are at week 12 flowering, ladies are filling the growboksie with nice nugs and truly wonderful flavors, from fruity tang to that earthy and even some fuel!

Just giving plain water, the choco 3 and hidden BlueBerryKush are basically done, with the competition Choco and other BlueberryKush seemingly in sync at the moment. 

Not in a big rush to chop, will see how far I can take em.

20191024_200008.jpg

20191024_200303.jpg

20191024_200214.jpg

CM191024-200906001.jpg

CM191024-200813002.jpg

20191024_200349.jpg

20191024_200419.jpg

CM191024-201001003.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Week 14 Flowering

Here is the hillbilly box in week 14, the ChocoNL not in the comp, and the hidden BlueBerryKush are ready to come down.

The tall BlueBerryKush and ChocoNL in the competition received some Ripen in week 13, while the 2 awaiting harvest has only been getting plain water.

Happy with the plants overall, serious nuggies looking almost furry with resin.

No PM Poblems and managed the thrips and gnats with sticky strips and a visit from a predator plant every other week.

BlueberryKush's

20191107_212050.jpg

20191107_212115.jpg

20191107_212145.jpg

Chocolope not in the competition

20191107_211819.jpg

20191107_211844.jpg

20191107_212027.jpg

Top view

20191107_211751.jpg

Edited by Dank
  • Like 3

Here are some pictures taken before the plants entered a 2 day blackout period.

I decided to harvest the lot together, ideally I should have harvested this Chocolope already, but will be fine with a few days extra.

Hilbilly box 

20191111_204702.jpg

Chocolope not in comp top view

20191111_204721.jpg

ChocolopeNL buds 👽

20191111_204941.jpg

20191111_204855.jpg

20191111_204734.jpg

Tall BlueBerryKush 

20191111_205042.jpg

20191111_205032.jpg

20191111_205016.jpg

BlueberryKush 

20191111_205148.jpg

20191111_205123.jpg

20191111_205112.jpg

Edited by Dank
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Here a few nugs shots from Totemics Choco #3 (the plant that did not enter the competition).

The smoke is very nice and creamy with that classic indoor taste, nice and earthy, and surprisingly its got some fuel in there as well.

Buds are still curing so I expect really good smoke from this plant.

The high is good and pretty strong, perfec for chilling out at home or in nature.

A earlier harvest should give a potent speedy high i would imagine.

Hats off to Totemic, this plant could have been grown better than I did, better setup, etc, will be phenomanal smoke.

Side note - I have a few flavors from overseas f1 beans im blazing, and this bud can stand right next them for quality of high as well as taste. Pretty dope for a f4 selection :-greenthumb

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Happy New Year 420SA fam! :rastabanana

Some nug shots from the two BlueberryKush f2's, stoked with how they turned out in the not so optimal setup.

Quick update about the ChocoNL 3 from Totemic, the smoke is super tasty after about a month cure, almost like a berry liquorice og, very nice 🔥 High is very good and longer lasting that a lot of other popular strains out.

The stretchier plant of the two have a more tangy taste, where the smaller bushier plant has a nice creamy flavor with more subtle berries on the exhale.

The shorter plant should have been harvested earlier so might have affected the taste somewhat.

The high is strong and long lasting, the stretchier bud could be a bit psycoactive for some new users in large joint or bongs.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Happy New Year 420SA fam! :rastabanana

Some nug shots from the two BlueberryKush f2's, stoked with how they turned out in the not so optimal setup.

Quick update about the ChocoNL 3 from Totemic, the smoke is super tasty after about a month cure, almost like a berry liquorice og, very nice 🔥 High is very good and longer lasting that a lot of other popular strains out.

The stretchier plant of the two have a more tangy taste, where the smaller bushier plant has a nice creamy flavor with more subtle berries on the exhale.

The shorter plant should have been harvested earlier so might have affected the taste somewhat.

The high is strong and long lasting, the stretchier bud could be a bit psycoactive for some new users in large joint or bongs.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1