Send Bud to my cousin

NinjaMaster

Question

Hey guys, 

wanted to send some bud to my cousin halfway across the country.
He doesn't and cannot grow and i have excess from my grow.
Id like to give him some - to save him from having to buy at an exorbitant price.

Whats the safest way for me to get this package to him?
Also - since there is no money involved in this - is it legal for me to outright give him some of my bud?

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

I have never sent weed via post, I do not think it is a great idea either especially considering I am not sure how legal it is.

If you really have to, I'd consider the following to try be on the safe side. Last thing you want is a seized package and  police rocking up at your place.

1. Vacuum pack it, then vacuum pack it again - do this as close to shipping as possible as the smell will start to permeate the packaging and will get worse with time.

2. Purchase some coffee beans and put the vacuum packed bud inside there - my thinking being to try and help mask the scent from any of the courier employees as once it has left your hands you have no control over the parcel.

3. Take the fastest shipping available, same day or overnight. The less time it spends with the couriers the safer IMO, also the smell will continue to permeate the vacuum packaging as time goes by.

That is my 2c, it may be overkill and unnecessary though.

If you really have a lot of excess, consider doing some extracts for him as well. Some dab for example.

Edited by PsyCLown
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

This makes me wonder how these online bud shops send all their stock via these commercial couriers..

If you're talking about overseas where it is legal, well, it is legal and therefore not an issue.

If you're talking locally, I am not aware of any online bud shops. No clue how they do it.

17 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

If you're talking about overseas where it is legal, well, it is legal and therefore not an issue.

If you're talking locally, I am not aware of any online bud shops. No clue how they do it.

There are several local online bud shops, but just like piracy on a broadband forum, I don't see it necessary to post links or really name them, but I'm pretty sure you're aware of some of them. 

I admit to being a bit vague in my previous post, I meant to question how they manage to get away with it rather than the physical methods used, but I see that's going off topic. 

16 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

I have never sent weed via post, I do not think it is a great idea either especially considering I am not sure how legal it is.

If you really have to, I'd consider the following to try be on the safe side. Last thing you want is a seized package and  police rocking up at your place.

1. Vacuum pack it, then vacuum pack it again - do this as close to shipping as possible as the smell will start to permeate the packaging and will get worse with time.

2. Purchase some coffee beans and put the vacuum packed bud inside there - my thinking being to try and help mask the scent from any of the courier employees as once it has left your hands you have no control over the parcel.

3. Take the fastest shipping available, same day or overnight. The less time it spends with the couriers the safer IMO, also the smell will continue to permeate the vacuum packaging as time goes by.

That is my 2c, it may be overkill and unnecessary though.

If you really have a lot of excess, consider doing some extracts for him as well. Some dab for example.

I rate this is the best solution for the question at hand. I'd also add that you should pay cash for the delivery service to keep as anonymous as possible. 

Other than that, as you say, tinctures and oils would be the safest way to go with regards to safely couriering across country.