Run off water

Oolong83

@Oolong83 this depends on what system you are growing, with hydroponics it might not be the best idea. 

With soil growing you could do some experiments, but there is a big difference between aerobic and anaerobic microbes, so how you store your runoff water might need some considerations.

Personally I think if you do want to use runoff water give it to your veggies, or perhaps good for some AACT.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 5:21 PM, Oolong83 said:

Hey guys

i was wondering if i could re-use my run-off water?

Its a lot of water to throw away?

https://www.marijuanapassion.com/threads/recycling-runoff.56823/

^^ That is an online thread where the same question was asked.

A few replies down "valleyboy" replied with this:

---

"To make the most of the run off you would need the water to be metered. Run off will flush out unused nutrients within the soil and because plants don't use all nutrients at the same rate the ratio's of the run off may be much different than what you put in. You would need to meter the PPM for each individual nutrient then calculate what you actually need to put back in if you wanted to use the run off accurately. This would be time consuming and expensive.

Your best bet for conservation would be to have as little run off as possible."

---

I know from research that you are only meant to have around 10% - 20% runoff. Hope this helps.

4 hours ago, Pat999 said:

You're just watering too much then, I use 2L for 20L pots. Don't reuse runoff that's not a good idea

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

I have, since placing this question, reduced watering by a lot. Only water every 2nd day, every 3 time is feeding. Use a lot less water when watering too, so the runoff is a moerse lot less than before. I also use between 1.5-2lt on 25lt pots and about 500-750ml on 5lt pots. 

Must admit, since changing it to this routine the plants have increased in grows much faster than before. 

@KushNewbie thanks for the link, some interesting replies, but I think i will rather not re-use runoff water on my cannabis.

So now i just toss that runoff into outside garden.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...

My larger plants in flowering, I give them 3L and they are in 20L fabric pots. They take it like a champ without any runoff.

With the hot weather I need to water them again in 2 or 3 days. I give nutes with every feed, has been organic nutes though.

You do not want to let your soil dry out too much, if you do let them dry up a lot you will notice the leaves of the plant looking very very sad and droopy.

Edited by PsyCLown
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hemp plants want wet and dry phases. You keep em wet all the time.. pisses them off.. you keep em to dry.. pisses them off. I lift my pots to feel if they need water.. ok, I never ever give only water, there is always fertilizer going in... no exceptions. 

Run off... if you use fertilizers, let is run off every 2-3 watering, let it run off properly! You want to wash any dry concentration of fertilizer, which has formed inside your pot soil, if you usually water with no run off. So run off good.. dump it! 

If you ever have the problem that you screwed over your fertilizer dosage and the plant goes stall... water it heavy for the next 3 days and start fertilizer on half dosage, when your baby goes back to normal, put the fertilizer to normal.

And If you go BioBizz for soil.. go the full step!! You need Fish Mix (vegetative state), Grow (is 75% fish mix and 25% molasses), Bloom for flowering and Top-Max when the buds reach finger size.. Top-Max is the secret to monster buds ^^ i very much recommend it!!! I use Rood Juice for the first week too.. forms about double the amount of roots in the same time as if you do not use it.