McBud's Double D's, Dinafem Remo Chemo and Dutchpassion Jorges Diamonds #1

McB

51 minutes ago, Pvt_sToNeR said:

From recent research i've done, it seems that CBD strains are a bit more intricate to grow than the traditional THC strains? 

How have you found your grow compared with a regular THC strain ? 

im a big fan of KISS, this lady arrived too large for micro cab and with a possible case of the thrips(dirty girl), so she got a pyrol spray and soil drench and suffered cfl burn for a few days.
i couldn't do it anymore, took 4 clones and put her outside.
in two weeks i have fed her fishmix once and the rain has done the rest

as you can see she's happy

IMG_20181127_194114_158.jpg

Edited by McB
Pic
  • Like 1

Shit.. its been a while. 

Plants doing well overall. Flower cab build to commence this weekend so will transplant to 40l on Sat and give them a last week in the veg tent to recover

Veg tent now running a silly amount of light just for the hell of it. 400 sunmaster hps and I chucked in the apollo 8 spot for good measure. 

IMG-20181206-WA0049.jpeg

No light stress but I did bring out an underlying calmag looking issue with my soil. New batch is ready and shouldn't have the same issue as Epsom was added. 

Hit them with a fulvic and Epsom foliar last night. Ladies are begging to be flowered(calmag orphan excluded) 

Upped fishmix to 5ml/l

sitting having a bong admiring the girls, peeked inside the panel and thought it would make a cool pic

IMG_20181203_211025_640.jpg

IMG_20181202_234402.jpg

plant bottom right being a ballache, always has been lagging, almost dont want to flower her in this state, fifo my dear fifo

IMG_20181206_200329.jpg

Edited by McB
  • Like 1

Ladies have gotten new pots. 38l fabric

Really a new experience watering them but getting there. Will be putting in drainage in the flower area as I'm not moving those bastards for feeding again. 

Snapped a top on the remo, pretty annoyed but taped up and seems to be recovering, at least it still has a few days pre flower flip

Charlotte's angel outdoor transplanted to an auto pot system outside. Not hooked up to res as yet. 

IMG_20181208_145252_705.jpg

IMG_20181208_144952_295.jpg

IMG_20181211_220017_392.jpg

Edited by McB
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Damn... It's been a while. Yet again

Led was just too much in the small tent

Went back to hps. Trimmed them up and once I get my arse in gear they will finally move to flower

Outdoor Charlotte's Angel moved to an autopot and is loving life. Top feeding if needed 

IMG_20190104_150537_910.jpg

IMG_20190102_093731_726.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Finally have a few minutes to update properly.

after an extended veg the ladies have settled nicely into their new 2x2 home under 800w(to be revised)

image.png.e3ffb929fe43c360eb167facc10add4f.png

removed the led panel because i cant quite position it efficiently as a thrid light and think i will get better spread with a third 400w hps(see my swop thread, no really, check it out)

after i had the obligatory "i can sit in my grow now" bong or 12 i started on the scrog to one side, the second side will be completed today after the cooled hood install.
temps are wobbling around the 26' mark but will make a final call once the other side scrog is in and ventilation is sorted accordingly 

the little clip on fans from clicks work like a charm, need to grab a 4th, but will probably make a plan to wire it with the net in place so no holdup luckily

image.png.4675beeb097cb343e4f5d9e53e9946cb.png

Outdoor charlottes angel doing well, in preflower it seems, lst continues

image.png.a2f4ea310bbe2c1a47eb244aaac86055.png

• Like 2

Just now, Pat999 said:

I feel you man. I got that too much light for my current tent problem for sure. I love how bushy your girls are

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

its called the "black friday tent stock shortage" training method
basically you put off ordering a tent until they are all sold out because a buddy is building you a box, then he flakes because "its too big to transport" and you now have 4x40l monster pots in a 80x80 tent😂

• Like 1

its called the "black friday tent stock shortage" training method
basically you put off ordering a tent until they are all sold out because a buddy is building you a box, then he flakes because "its too big to transport" and you now have 4x40l monster pots in a 80x80 tent

LoL I had to save some money up to afford my new things I want

9 minutes ago, Pat999 said:

LoL I had to save some money up to afford my new things I want

i had the money, and spent it on other grow bits when the box was a reality, then saved it up again, no stock, stock finally arrives... no 1.5x1.5's and only mammoths at twice my budget... a buddy saved my ass with the 2x2. would still be battling with temps and space if it wasn't for his help.
ironically, i finally found a 1.5x1.5 so once its boxed and shippable i will have a spare for a cycle😆

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

Nice , its been a  long wait lol. You k ow me I would put another 2 light in lol

time to upgrade those 750's to 1000's and free up some gently used gav's

edit: i will start on a cleanse so my kidneys are market ready

Edited by McB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

Lol , 2 x 750 would be perfect for that tent 

i know right, absolutely perfect.

i keep trying to see where a third light would work best and the answer is simple, next to a 4th. 

time to upgrade those 750's to 1000's and free up some gently used gav's

edit: i will start on a cleanse so my kidneys are market ready
Lol , 2 x 750 would be perfect for that tent 
LoL two Gavita lights for the win. Damn man I can't even describe what a short time under that light does to you

17 minutes ago, Pat999 said:

It's like going 4 rounds with the missus on a warm October evening

there's 1 benefit to my current setup, i accidentally pulled the duct of the extractor mid day, lights on, relying only on intake and ventilation and was hovering at 27' lights on at 25 ambient.

honestly my tent is more pleasant than  my house temp wise some days

Edited by McB

new toys new toys.... hps lamp and a spare picked up, octo bubbler ,water pump,tubing, timer and flora grow caps.

needed a diffused, semi automated watering system quickly, that can be managed by someone less, erm, resourceful in the ways of bodgery than i

Considered a drip system and stumbled across the flora caps, now they are only 6" in a 40l fabric pot R40 a pop they will do better than most drip emitter at getting good even coverage.

Proposed watering system:

• 200l primary tub, with air pump and  stone - receives tap water, bubbles for 24hrs+ to de chlorinate
  • 70l secondary nute tub with 700l\h pump - manual fill to 40l from primary(for now, will add float valve with tap)
  • manually mix in bio bizz and either manually turn on and monitor or let the timer pump do its magic

timer settings to get a full 10l watering per pot without flooding and res height vs pump flow will be the biggest challenges i foresee, and i may need a slightly bigger drip tray🤣

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Spaidan
      Hello growers
      I would love to have an opinion on this topic. Let me update you on what I have been working with. I have a one plant indoor grow inside a 80cm x 80cm grow tent. I use a 40l fabric pot with both Orgasoilux and Freedom farms soil (green bag). The bottom half I use Orgasoilux(20l) and the top half I use Freedom farms soil(20l). Throughout veg all I give the plant is Biodyne Environoc 401 (microbes), Molasses and water. This results in an extremely healthy plant.
      Once I flip to flower I start using organic bottled nutrients. In the past I have used Biobizz Bio-bloom, and more recently I have used Dirty hands inc - Bio-Phos (Jamie's brand). I give 3ml Bio-Phos once a week early flower and up it to 5ml every week mid to late flower. Plus a molasses feeding every 2 weeks and stopped using Biodyne microbes 1 week into flower.
      I was thinking about completely ditching bottled nutrients and going the topdressing route for flower. I was thinking of maybe topdressing a week before the flip with Jamie's elemental blend. I am just worried if it will provide enough for the plants through to harvest. I was also thinking of maybe using my own topdressing blend of Dry kelp, Gypsum, Malted Barley and Worm Castings. Would love an opinion on switching to topdressing for flower and if the elemental blend should be more than enough to take me to harvest. If you think I should just stick to bottled nutrients for flower let me know. I am going to include photo's of my 2 previous grows using the method I have stated above. Just trying to get the best quality flower possible :)
      Some thoughts of mine...…
      Topdressing vs Liquid Nutrients?
      Biobizz Bio-Bloom vs Dirty Hands Inc Bio-Phos?
      One topdressing enough 1 week before flip?
      Elemental Blend or my own flowering mix?
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      My Grow:
      Medium: Top Half Freedom Farms soil (20l) + bottom half Orgasoilux(20l)
      Additives and Amendments: Molasses + Biodyne Environoc 401 Microbes + Dirty Hands Inc - Bio-Phos + Mycoroot (seedling)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (Seedling)
      - Solo Cup + Freedom Farms soil + Mycoroot
      -Transplant in week 2 of veg to 40l
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (Veg Stage)
      - initial inoculant 2ml Environoc Microbes
      -1ml per litre  Environoc every 2 weeks
      -5ml per litre Molasses every 2 weeks
      -Stop Environoc 1 week into flower
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (Flower Stage)
      -3ml Bio-Phos every week (early flower)
      -5ml Bio-Phos every week (late flower)
      -5ml Molasses every 2 weeks
      -Stop Bio-Phos 2 weeks before harvest
      -Feed molasses until harvest
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Pictures below include TH seeds - Orangesicle + Trainwreck (darker leaves) and a photo of Orangesicle during veg

• By AK-47 Gold Arabesque
      First time growing photoperiods, quite excited. 

Genetics
      Hiroshima by Renegade Seed Co.  6 Pack

High THC, and according to the product description should deliver "high yields of dense, rock-solid buds."  Hoping to achieve that.
      Want to make one a mother and start learning to clone. The description says "These highly stable genetics produce two phenotypes at most." Should be easy to choose a winner to reveg.
      They advise topping, which I am also looking forward to learning. Want to also try "FIM" a plant or two to experiment. 
      Grow Setup
      Same as before. Here
      ~
      Lets go 
      9 November
      Seeds arrived. Also received a Promotional 2 Pack of G-Fawke.

10 November
      Seeds into a glass of spring water. Onto a heating mat and into a dark cupboard to soak for 18 hours.

11 November
      Seeds started showing roots. All 6 seeds popped, gently took them and placed them root facing down in Jiffy Preforma Plugs. 
      Covered the holes slightly and into the ROOTiT Small Propagator they go. Heating mat underneath, and gently misted with spring water. Also threaded the hygrometer reader through a ventilation hole, to see the environment reading. 
      I think this reading is fine for germination. Any and all feedback welcome.

Hoping for them all to push out effectively over the coming days. In hindsight I should have maybe done the paper towel method to get the roots longer, before putting them into the plugs. I've also previously had a failed germination where I watered a bit much, so just gently misting this time as to not drown/stunt the seeds.

• By High_grade.420
      150w Grow The Jungle LED Grow Light , The Light is full Spectrum. Samsung LEDs and Osram Driver , They're hands down one of the best lights iv used out of the many that I have used over the years,
      Lights Aren't available to order in the country , Imported from spain ,
      more than 1 available , price is Negotiable.

If you want to know more feel free to Dm me 
    • By Johnsmithled
      This is how I built an overpowered light worth $2500+ on the market for only $850. All currency is CAD.

*BEFORE STARTING*
      Watch the 6 part growmau5 series to learn the wiring:

For the grounding plug:

Technical:

4x Hlg 185H 700ma in series drivers (i suggest you buy the newer 240H model) $250

40x 5000K $350

7x 3000K $25
      (You can use less I used way too many)

All are bridgelux Gen 3/ C3 (Make sure theyre all plug in only dont mess around with the solder ones unless you have 100+hours experience in soldering)
      The 3000k ones I used were soulder onlys. Lost a couple due to human error

Total Cost (TC): $575

Frame:
      (Choose a better material for frame, I used wood composite because I was lazy) (I would think aluminum would be the best material but all have their pros and cons)

Wood composite 2x2ft v

Matching plastic 2x2ft (painting frame) $50?

Thermal tape (sized to the width of the led bars) $20

TC: $70-100

Electric:

100’ length 20guage solid core wire $60

50 pack 2 wire wagos 221 $25

4x plastic junction boxes 4inch x 4inch x 3inch (make sure it comes with something to plug up the holes and hold the wire)$40

500 assorted pack heatshrink tubing $20 (good to help fit in junction box)

4x Leviton 515PV 15Amp 125Volt grounding plug $20

25’ 16guage wire (for the grounding plug) $20

TC:$165-Everything is super flexible here just make sure your amps and volt calculations are solid.
      -Dedicated extra fans (required): With 2 medium fans running on the light, and another 2 small fans running on the drivers everything is 20C-25C.

SETTING UP THE DIMMERS

(Very easy if you do it like i did in these pictures)

All you need is:
      •100k potentiometers (maybe an ohm meter if you want to make sure ur dimmers go all the way to 100, most dont they go to like 92 or 97)

•20 guage wire (same as the led strips)

•Plastic junction box (make sure its got rubber wire holders that you cut a hole through with scissors and put the wire/ potentiometer through)

•211 Wago wire connector

•soldering machine (temperature is dependant on what kind of solder you use) $25

• silver solder (find a lower temp soldering machine ~360f for silver) $20
      (This light is truly 800w if you use the exact parts, if you use more or less drivers and led strips or different brands then the wattage can vary from 600-1000, materials are very flexible just try to make sure volt/amp calculations are correct) (Always be cautious with electricity, build this whole thing without being plugged in to any wall outlet/power source⚠️⚡️)

• By the_dagga_doll
      5x SecondHand Novas
      The Nova 420W – 1000mm produces a large amount of light(47248 Lumens), making this light ideal for larger grow operations where the fixture can be placed further away from the canopy. The light spectrum and intensity produced by this fixture are both suitable for the vegetative and flowering stage (inclusive of Far-Red chips) of growth. IP 44 standard.