The Church

Dope_Boy26

Started this grow a few weeks back. Some background, 

GTH tent - 80cm x 80cm x 180cm

DWC set up in a 45L reservoir 

6inch cool tube with 400w MH for veg and 400w HPS for flower

Got "The Church" from Greenhouse seed co. 

Haven't done much so far, just followed some advice and plucked the 5th set of leaves. Seems to have worked as I can see atleast two new main branches developing. Hoping to get a decent scrog going. 

20181106_180703.jpg

DSC_0008.JPG

• Like 2

Another week down. 

Topped her a couple days ago. Seems to have recovered and starting to see good daily growth again. I've stuck to changing the reservoir weekly. Feeding with a general hydroponic hortimix bought at the hortishop. 

I've also been adding a c02 tablet to the reservoir every 2 days. Not sure if it actually adds any value but doing it anyway. 

There were some yellow spots on one or two of the leaves. Can't see that it's spread.

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

22 minutes ago, Totemic said:

Let that net fill to at least 80% full. Then continue to tuck the first week or 2 of flowering. To me that net is only 30% full. 2 extra weeks of veg will make a huge difference imo.

I'm with you. Just not keen on adding another two weeks to the time line😔

32 minutes ago, Batista said:

Looks good!

Quick question, are you adding co2 tablets to the nute res?

Yeah, directly into the water where the roots are. That's the instruction from the hortishop, either in water and place close to leaves with extractor fan off or dissolve directly into hydro setup for absorption by roots. 

Im afraid the roots dont have the equipment to absorb CO2 to any positive effect. CO2 is absorbed through leaf stomata, close to the chlorophyl and light. Water is absorbed by the roots and photosynthesis combines 6 H2O with 6 CO2 to get to the dextrose.

Further Cannabis is a C3 plant and can only really start using CO2 with measurable results from 800ppm atmospheric CO2. Along with that is the need for intense lighting and higher temperatures to power this turbocharged photosynthesis.

In short your entire grow needs to be entirely sealed to achieve this. 

Plus dissolving CO2 into water means that there is less room for dissolved O2. Roots just love O2.

Keeping your grows real simple will benefit you in the long run.

:-peace

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Dope_Boy26 said:

Yeah, directly into the water where the roots are. That's the instruction from the hortishop, either in water and place close to leaves with extractor fan off or dissolve directly into hydro setup for absorption by roots. 

I see Totemic replied already.

Which shop gave you this advice because its not good advice.

EDIT : Ok wait, it seems just a case of a misunderstanding.They didnt mean to tell you to put it in the nute res, but a seperate bottle of water. 😄

Edited by Batista

4 minutes ago, Totemic said:

Im afraid the roots dont have the equipment to absorb CO2 to any positive effect. CO2 is absorbed through leaf stomata, close to the chlorophyl and light. Water is absorbed by the roots and photosynthesis combines 6 H2O with 6 CO2 to get to the dextrose.

Further Cannabis is a C3 plant and can only really start using CO2 with measurable results from 800ppm atmospheric CO2. Along with that is the need for intense lighting and higher temperatures to power this turbocharged photosynthesis.

In short your entire grow needs to be entirely sealed to achieve this. 

Plus dissolving CO2 into water means that there is less room for dissolved O2. Roots just love O2.

Keeping your grows real simple will benefit you in the long run.

:-peace

😅Thanks man. What a way to waste them tablets then. I figured since the manufacturer said so, it should be fine. 

End of another week.

Did the usual weekly reservoir cleaning. Also added a small active air intake. Hoping it helps with the temps in the tent. Hydor 100mm that I got on special at Brights. 

Also removed my acoustic ducting and went with standard ducting. Acoustic was taking up too much space and less flexible than the regular ducting. Extraction seems to have improved as a result. 

Trying to be patient but need to switch to flower by the end of this week. I've already switched to the HPS from MH last night in preparation. 

DSC_0251.JPG

DSC_0246.JPG

DSC_0248.JPG

DSC_0240.JPG

Edited by Dope_Boy26
Forgot photo.

Another week down. 

Did the usual weekly maintenance of cleaning the container and changing out water. Also defoliated a bit. 

The active air intake has really helped keep the average temps lower than they were before. Now averaging a high if about 31 and low of 23.

Load shedding not doing me any favors, RH jumping to 90's during power cuts and I was away for the weekend so my light cycle also out of sync. I hope the end result isn't affected too much. 

Also noticed some damage to some fan leaves, small holes or torn edges. On closer inspection it looks like it may be my makeshift trellis net. 

Overall I think I'm happy with how it's going. Pics not much to go on but any input or constructive criticism is welcome. 

DSC_0270.JPG

DSC_0273.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

An update for this week. 

Did the usual weekly maintenance. Fucked up and broke one of the main branches clean off. No way to reattach. Overall health doesn't seem to have been affected. 

Stretch over the last week has been crazy. I've stopped tucking them under the net. Hope it doesn't stretch much more than this. 

Overall everything looks OK to me. Just worried about the RH. Been going into the 60s at times. Between 45 & 55 for the most part. 

DSC_0287.JPG

DSC_0288.JPG

• Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 9:59 AM, Dope_Boy26 said:

Another week down. 

Did the usual weekly maintenance of cleaning the container and changing out water. Also defoliated a bit. 

The active air intake has really helped keep the average temps lower than they were before. Now averaging a high if about 31 and low of 23.

Load shedding not doing me any favors, RH jumping to 90's during power cuts and I was away for the weekend so my light cycle also out of sync. I hope the end result isn't affected too much. 

Also noticed some damage to some fan leaves, small holes or torn edges. On closer inspection it looks like it may be my makeshift trellis net. 

Overall I think I'm happy with how it's going. Pics not much to go on but any input or constructive criticism is welcome. 

DSC_0270.JPG

DSC_0273.JPG

Looking good man. Question. Do you control your water temperature? 

Just into the third week of flower now.

Skipping the usual maintenance this week. Just topping up with water when needed. Worred about spikes in the RH but on average it seems ok. 

Think I may have lost control of the stretch somewhat. I have very little vertical space left to lift the light any higher than it is now. Leaves showing signs of heat stress?! Hope it doesn't stretch any more than this but the growth has definitely slowed alot in the last few days. 

On the bright side I'm seeing some flower finally. 

DSC_0298.JPG

DSC_0297.JPG

DSC_0299.JPG

• 5 weeks later...

Been a while since I last updated this one.

Struggled with the stretch. Some of the tops got too close to the light and got burned. I managed to squeeze a few extra centimeters from my space by using cable ties to keep the cooltube up instead of the rope ratchets. 

Also the leaf tips started showing signs of what looks like slight nutrient burn. Been flushing for about a week now. Looks like it hasn't got any worse. 

Temps and RH have been consistently good for the last few weeks. Overall I think I'm satisfied with the way its going. Another few lessons learned this time on my quest for the perfect grow. 

DSC_0340.JPG

DSC_0347.JPG

• Like 2