YourStonedBuddy's Grow Dairy!

YourStonedBuddy

Whats good everyone! Welcome to my grow dairy :)

Today i chopped down my first ever plant, after 74 days flowering. She was a normal bag seed, took the seed from a local "hunny bag" what ive grown is definitely better than the bud it came from!

gAfrGQD.jpg

I started this grow off using 170W of CFL power and on day 32 of flowering with the CFLs i switched to 2 x 60W quantum boards in 3000k.

Here's a pic of her on day 32 of flower.

QbhXt4T.jpg

A week later with the new lights upgrade and she loved it!

NriYh7R.jpg

After this point i struggled with a potassium deficiency which definitely had an impact on my yield. I also think the usage of CFL 30days into flower also affected my yield outcome!

Im super excited to get my next crop in. Going to give her a week to dry and then jar her up and start another!

• Like 1

Well done !! Your off to a good start to yield something on your first attempt. Now you could improve on genetics and perhaps soil and nutes depending on what you used for an extra boost. You should be aiming for a gram on each watt your lights draw, until then it's great to push for it.

Don't forget the smoke report

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Well done !! Your off to a good start to yield something on your first attempt. Now you could improve on genetics and perhaps soil and nutes depending on what you used for an extra boost. You should be aiming for a gram on each watt your lights draw, until then it's great to push for it.

Don't forget the smoke report

My goal is to achieve a gram per watt with these lights. Next grow ill have much better genetics and a bigger pot! i'll be updating this thread with new grow details over the weekend :)

Good first run! Nice to see a full cycle grow with just two QB-60s. 

I'm certain the next round will go much better, too. Every grow you learn some new things.

Not sure if the lights were at that height in the pics, (judging by distance to multiplug, in the two pics), but if they were, you can definitely ratchet them closer by at least 15cm next time. 

To get gram/watt plus, other than good genetics & nutrients, etc., you'll have to veg until you've got a full canopy before switching. That usually means training and topping, and waiting a week or two extra in veg.

Gram per watt is kind of a silly measurement, since it doesn't measure total time. Dry grams/KWh would make more sense, ya know?

My recent technique has been to delay topping, then after the fifth node, top and root the cutting. Then I've got a clone in case I like the plant. Depending on whether I'm in a rush (I'm never in a rush), I'll take another clone or 7.

Good first run! Nice to see a full cycle grow with just two QB-60s.

I'm certain the next round will go much better, too. Every grow you learn some new things.

Not sure if the lights were at that height in the pics, (judging by distance to multiplug, in the two pics), but if they were, you can definitely ratchet them closer by at least 15cm next time.

To get gram/watt plus, other than good genetics & nutrients, etc., you'll have to veg until you've got a full canopy before switching. That usually means training and topping, and waiting a week or two extra in veg.

Gram per watt is kind of a silly measurement, since it doesn't measure total time. Dry grams/KWh would make more sense, ya know?

My recent technique has been to delay topping, then after the fifth node, top and root the cutting. Then I've got a clone in case I like the plant. Depending on whether I'm in a rush (I'm never in a rush), I'll take another clone or 7.

Hey man, thanks for the tips! I had the lights about 30cm above the canopy at one point and saw some foxtailing appear. The sweet spot for me was around 35-38cm.

I am super impressed with the lights, The lower popcorn buds only started forming once i upgraded. Really keen to see what i can do from seed on my next grow!

Hey guys, so after running my QB for close to a year now I've found 40mm to be a good spot for me but, oddly enough had a better trichome development when raising the light to 45mm to 50mm for the last month of flower. The lights being so close seemed to affect the Trichomes when I did my first run after introducing them. Just my 2 cents

Hey guys, so after running my QB for close to a year now I've found 40mm to be a good spot for me but, oddly enough had a better trichome development when raising the light to 45mm to 50mm for the last month of flower. The lights being so close seemed to affect the Trichomes when I did my first run after introducing them. Just my 2 cents

How many watts are you packing?

Only have 2 x QB but this was added to the 3 cobs I bought from Growopz also so I run with both types of lights. The QB can get a lot closer that the cobs so I pushed it in the beginning which slightly affected the trichome development. Nothing huge but definitely noticable.

Whats good everyone!

I spent the weekend upgrading my space to optimize my next grow. I went down to Starke Ayres and bought some netting for R99/m and installed it into my space nicely

oNYzYw0.jpg

My space is 1.5m high x 1m wide x 0.5m deep, i have a feeling im cutting it abit tight scroging two plants in my space but we'lll see how that goes!

I selected two indica dominant strains as i much prefer a heavy couch-lock when medicating :)

Sugar Black Rose from Delicious seeds & Gorilla Glue #4 x White Widow from Expert Seeds:-puffin

OjzzXG8.jpg

The GG#4xWW sprouted this morning 17/09/18, patiently waiting for the SBR to join the party.

Grow details:

50/50 premium coco/perlite mix

2 x 60W Quantum boards 3000k

EGH nutes, calmag from Greenhouse powder & liquid Silicon from GrowGuru

One plant will be in a 3gal fabric pot from GrowGuru and the other in a 1.5gal

They don't look like they dying, be careful to not water them too much...soil looks kind of saturated...over watering is a Killa.

I took this pic two days ago, right after spraying the solocup with some ph 6 water. im in 50/50 coco/perlite so over-watering shouldnt be an issue!

Both of my seedlings have not grown at all since they've sprouted :(

Dont feed those seedling you will only make things worse . One of 2 things have happened , either they just laying down roots or they to wet . That size cup with that size seedling shouldn't need water for over 7 days I would say. Yes overwatering a seedling can still be an issue and you raising the chances of them damping off

Don't feed her. The seed has enough food in it for a week or so.

Personally, when I grew in coco/perlite, I fed when I noticed the 1st set of true leaves got a bit light in colour.

As per the feed, when you do start, alemo[/member] advised me to feed at 5.8. That info proved to be gold.

Dont feed those seedling you will only make things worse . One of 2 things have happened , either they just laying down roots or they to wet . That size cup with that size seedling shouldn't need water for over 7 days I would say. Yes overwatering a seedling can still be an issue and you raising the chances of them damping off

Everything ive read says i should keep the coco moist, so ive been spraying some water twice a day or so. ill let it dry out over the weekend and see if i have any improvements!

All you doing by not letting the medium dry out is staving the plants roots of air (oxygen,co2 etc). When a medium drys it pulls fresh air into the root zone , the plant needs this. Theres a difference between keep it moist which is fine and give it to much water and not letting the exchange take place . Let it dry a bit it wont hurt it

All you doing by not letting the medium dry out is staving the plants roots of air (oxygen,co2 etc). When a medium drys it pulls fresh air into the root zone , the plant needs this. Theres a difference between keep it moist which is fine and give it to much water and not letting the exchange take place . Let it dry a bit it wont hurt it

ill let them dry out over the weekend. It would be great to see some progress on my first legal grow hahah