Pat's Bikini Bottom Perpetual

Pat999

I was thinking of doing veg in the plastic pots and the flowering in the fabric pots. I honestly feel that seeing a kak load of roots just busting and thicc is better than, well, this ~>

This was the one Amnesia Haze girl, that looks like the pubes of a 12 year old while the Bay 11 looked like the mightiest of viking warrior pubes. Honestly the best description of the roots. DSC_1095.jpg

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

This is one of the reasons that I do not like veging in these bags. But as a final pot the are killing it. I've had some root systems that was incredibly. Those plants drank 1-1.5l of water a day.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

In plastic pots?

Just now, SkunkPharm said:

Veg in plastic flower in grow bags.

That is exactly what I do and honestly there is no difference for me, yes there is a lot of roots, but it is not one massive root ball.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pat999 said:

I was thinking of doing veg in the plastic pots and the flowering in the fabric pots. I honestly feel that seeing a kak load of roots just busting and thicc is better than, well, this ~>

This was the one Amnesia Haze girl, that looks like the pubes of a 12 year old while the Bay 11 looked like the mightiest of viking warrior pubes. Honestly the best description of the roots. DSC_1095.jpg

My roots are usually slightly denser, but not by much, I honestly thick this fabic pot thing was a scam lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This -> " while the Bay 11 looked like the mightiest of viking warrior pubes. Honestly the best description of the roots.  "

:-hilarious

Go with the Viking pube roots bro :-greenthumb who does not want Viking roots?

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dr. Green said:

That is the point of a fabric pot. The roots prune when they reach the fabric but will fill your soil much better in the middle. I also veg in plastic and flower in fabric 

To be honest I find that the plant needs more support in fabric pots, its as if the main stem does not have enough grounding. Never had that issue with plastic.

• Like 1

Some days I wish I more pictures. Are you guys growing in soil?

Yes, FF Premium. 
Yup growing in FF soil. Now I'm not saying the plastic is better but as you can see the Lemon Diesel showed no roots with both plants being the same size

This -> " while the Bay 11 looked like the mightiest of viking warrior pubes. Honestly the best description of the roots.  "
:-hilarious
Go with the Viking pube roots bro :-greenthumb who does not want Viking roots?
Everyone wants big viking pubes bro, thick white and fluffy roots. It takes me back to growing in coco where the roots were busting all over the little pots

• Like 2

That is the point of a fabric pot. The roots prune when they reach the fabric but will fill your soil much better in the middle. I also veg in plastic and flower in fabric 
LoL and then leave fokol at the bottom and sides, the soil laying on the ground there is from the soil that just fell out the fabric pots. I think this is the way to go, veg plastic and flower in fabric pots
To be honest I find that the plant needs more support in fabric pots, its as if the main stem does not have enough grounding. Never had that issue with plastic.
Bru even yesterday, my big AK and Blue Dream was pulled out but the base of the stem wasn't that solid, a bit flimsy imo. I pulled the B11 out by the base with those amazing roots

10 minutes ago, Pat999 said:

LoL and then leave fokol at the bottom and sides, the soil laying on the ground there is from the soil that just fell out the fabric pots. I think this is the way to go, veg plastic and flower in fabric potsBru even yesterday, my big AK and Blue Dream was pulled out but the base of the stem wasn't that solid, a bit flimsy imo. I pulled the B11 out by the base with those amazing roots

Yeah, about 8 years ago when I grew there was no such thing as fabric pots (at least to my knowledge at the time) and I grew stems as thick as my wrist. I mean fabric pots provide nice aeration for the roots. 

I have some seedlings and clones going will do those in plastic and see the outcome vs my current grow in fabric.

• Like 1

Yeah, about 8 years ago when I grew there was no such thing as fabric pots (at least to my knowledge at the time) and I grew stems as thick as my wrist. I mean fabric pots provide nice aeration for the roots. 
I have some seedlings and clones going will do those in plastic and see the outcome vs my current grow in fabric.
I'll be doing my next veg in plastic pots and comparing to these girls that's currently going into flower. Let me go take a photo quickly of the AK base stem and the B11 stem to see the difference

I usually go plastic, plastic then fabric. The rootball doesn't grow so lekker in the F pot. When i did full on fabric pots i noticed the same thing, no real visible roots and the ladies couldn't support themselves so lekker. Infact, my one auto sways with the fan.

• Like 1

I usually go plastic, plastic then fabric. The rootball doesn't grow so lekker in the F pot. When i did full on fabric pots i noticed the same thing, no real visible roots and the ladies couldn't support themselves so lekker. Infact, my one auto sways with the fan.
Thats what I'm thinking too man, seems it's best to stick with the plastic in the veg. I just don't get the reason why the difference is so huge between plants that's the same age.

The first AK stem is thick for sure, a bit green still
The second photo of the Bay11 stalk is getting the colours of tree stalksDSC_1098.jpgDSC_1097.jpg

• Like 1

Me thinks that's genetic. My autos all sprouted the same day, same feed, two are on the same flower timeline, yet one of them has a noticeably thinker stem.

I will go out on a limb and say that if you grow in F pots from start to end, your root ball will be invisible until you actually open out that soil. Think about it, the tip dies off the minute it hits the last cm on soil, nothing can circle, so the roots will never really grow long and be girthy.

• Like 2

Me thinks that's genetic. My autos all sprouted the same day, same feed, two are on the same flower timeline, yet one of them has a noticeably thinker stem.

I will go out on a limb and say that if you grow in F pots from start to end, your root ball will be invisible until you actually open out that soil. Think about it, the tip dies off the minute it hits the last cm on soil, nothing can circle, so the roots will never really grow long and be girthy.
Definitely could be brother. I'm gonna be opening up all of them at the end of this run and see whats what

• Like 2

So as per my stupidness I went and sprayed the flowering girls with a bicarb soapy spray that was hot as tits. Like it burned the leaves pretty balls deep, it licked the stamp and sent it for sure. Not worried too much as they'll bounce back with another 3-4 weeks of vegging for them to go

How baked were you Pat?
Pretty baked, pretty pissed at the PM so I sent it with like two spoons in 2L, apparently they're only okay with one spoon and not two as per evidence of the veg girls. I'm not too worried but we all still make mistakes

• Haha 1