Preventative Methods in Your garden?

Justin Hemp

Hi Guys, I'm keen to find out what your preventive measures with regards to bugs and insects when growing indoors?

What products do you use and at what dosage / repeats per month?

I'm currently using the fly traps, in the boxes along with a weekly spray (obviously in the veg box) alternating between Bio Neem 10ml/litre, Pyrol 20ml/L and Eco Bb at 1/4 tsp per L.

Excessive or not?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

You only need to use Pyrol when you notice an infestation and want to wipe it out. Neem is there to prevent the infestation from happening so stick to a weekly neem spray and only use Pyrol if you have to.

Will do, so Neem every week should keep things clean? Including the Gnats?

It should yes and spraying your soil with neem oil will help keep gnats away. I'm not sure what BTi is that Budwizer speaks of. I had good success with a layer of diatomaceous earth on top of the soil to get rid of gnats, its kills the gnat larvae if the larvae comes into contact with it.

OMG, you legend, thank you. Ignorantly I've never examined the Margaret Roberts bottle/packaging and had no idea it was a microbial product.

Yes indeed, thank you. I'm glad I started this off as the last thing we want is to worry about pests.

What ratios and how often would you use the product?

Any other secrets in your armoury you'd like to share

• 3 weeks later...

At this given moment nature is take of things for me. I have lady birds in the garden with hover flies and praying mantises hanging around. If I do some deep looming I can't see any pests which is quite cool I'd say. When I do see that things is starting to tilt to the bad side I make a garlic and pepper spray and spray every other day. That seems to keep shit in check....

Hein

Yes indeed, thank you. I'm glad I started this off as the last thing we want is to worry about pests.

Sorry JH420, I only saw this reply now.

So! It wants to know my secretses? Stick around buddy! I don’t put out on the first date!

Sorry JH420, I only saw this reply now.

So! It wants to know my secretses? Stick around buddy! I don’t put out on the first date!

And here I was thinking we've hit second Base already

BTW for those who are interested Jamie has a 5 bottled kit for the prevention of all types of critters.

• 1 year later...