Medical Strain Grow 2017 indoors

Toby

Joh! You had some hectic burn there hey Toby! Looks like you’ve sorted it though. I’m gonna go with nitrogen toxicity for those shiny leaves. It’s a bitch. The big Badazz plant in my tent had/has it. Thought I had it beat, but I haven’t been able to get rid of it, and it caused the plant to grow very bushy with many small leaves and buds. We’ll see what she yields. It’s easy to stay slightly lean with feeding, and dial it up a little when you see deficiencies. It’s a whole lot more difficult to feed lean with a rogue nitrogen source in your soil. Just occurred to me- maybe use a flower nutrient to offset the extra nitrogen from now through flower?

Yeah bru, it's a very sensitive strain, tried to baby it as much as possible. Thanks for the feedback.

I haven't fed anything as yet, just giving AACT hoping to stabilise the soil mix. (cooking for a year) The other strains are responding positively to mix. When I flip Ill give a lower N feed in my flowering feeding regiment. Ill do some more research on it, hoping nothing negative will come of it?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven’t mentioned it, because it’s so much detail, but my soil which I cooked for a year was what caused the badazz to be nitrogen toxic. I thinned the soil for my other plants down with peat before I used it. We gotta remember that organic feed stuffs break down over time, and that maybe giving a rich soil too much time, without leaching excess nitrogen as would happen naturally in the ground, can be a problem.

Great input guys. If I leave the remainder of my soil as it, will it correct over time or should I make it leaner by adding more coir and EWC as suggested? Do I need to change my existing soil?

What would you guys do? I want to prevent issues when before I flip. :investigating

I’m learning here also, so take what I say as such- I think the best thing you can do, is as nature does, flush. You’ll be flushing away not only the N, but also all the other nutrients the micro herd have accumulated. This might mean you have to replenish some immediately available nutrients with bottled products. Then, as the microherd build up their stores, slowly scale down with the bottled stuff.

My best guess there Toby😉

Edit: I forgot you’re using AACT! Yeah, I’d say give them a good flush, then do one microbe-only tea (no nutrient additives), then continue with your normal nutrient teas. Still might not hurt to have a bottle of Biobizz Fishmix or grow handy.

• 2 weeks later...

Update time. 

Since the last update, I have watered twice, hopefully, to assist with the soil. My ladies seemed to have responded well, getting the natural colour back. I think part of the shininess was due to adding CalMag Nitrate to my Pyrol. The growth has been vigorous. Did a 40% defoliation a week back, shaved their sexy legs. Weaving and tucking as they pop up. FIlling out again. The intention is to flip by Sunday and do an aggressive defoliation. 

I am very impressed with the Sanlight P4. Would be even better with two of them for flower, but Ill see how one performs. If I can get my conservative target, I'll be satisfied.

IMG_20171114_060132.thumb.jpg.3214f851a442158a560130679fcdc7d2.jpg

IMG_20171114_060209.thumb.jpg.5d74d5f8190f7d03b849781dbbfdcc45.jpg

I think you may be expecting a bit much from that led , I would be expecting 1g per w which is pretty good going . You can veg with very low wattage but in flower the more energy you can give the plant the more you will yield . Light is a food source for plants in a way and if you only giving it so much it can only do so much.

I hope I am wrong and you blow me away with 2.5g per w and I will be the first to congratulate you but my experience tells me if you hoping for 2.5g per w you may be disappinted

I think you may be expecting a bit much from that led , I would be expecting 1g per w which is pretty good going . You can veg with very low wattage but in flower the more energy you can give the plant the more you will yield . Light is a food source for plants in a way and if you only giving it so much it can only do so much. I hope I am wrong and you blow me away with 2.5g per w and I will be the first to congratulate you but my experience tells me if you hoping for 2.5g per w you may be disappinted

Thanks bud, yeah I was thinking along those lines. Expecting the worse and hoping for the best. It will be an interesting benchmark at the end.

It' not expecting the worst but it' having a realistic number in mind. 2.5g per w is a massive number.... I could only dream of those numbers . Be realistic and you won' be dispointed , 1g per w is already a good number and in my opinion anything above 0.75g per w and you have done well

I have been disapointed with good grows before because I was expecting to much but like I said I really hope you get 2.5g per w and prove me wrong

It' not expecting the worst but it' having a realistic number in mind. 2.5g per w is a massive number.... I could only dream of those numbers . Be realistic and you won' be dispointed , 1g per w is already a good number and in my opinion anything above 0.75g per w and you have done well I have been disapointed with good grows before because I was expecting to much but like I said I really hope you get 2.5g per w and prove me wrong

Thanks bud, I get what you are saying. Ill aim for 0.75-1g/w with the current light. :-gthumb

@JH420, Ill be using the same light for flowering. 125w.

They have settled nicely in my baby box. Did some pruning to get the desired shape.

At the back Exodus Haze, front left Gorilla Glue & front right DC OG. - 180w draw Chinese LED

IMG_20171114_060302.thumb.jpg.fa1f05d7a45cb348837cd8d9f6930aa9.jpg

I use scrog due to space limitations. I leave enough room under the net to do maintenance. Once you into it, you can touch your girls the way you like.

Heres a post on SCROG

Looking great bro. :-gthumb

May SCROG next run, hopefully can full it out as nicely as that.

Busted link, or rather post doesn't exist anymore / no access, etc.

In fact, seeing that's linked in your sig. none of your sig. links work for me either... 

JustinHemp420[/member] a sprayer with wand does the trick. A little slow unless you get a good one, but that's better for the girls anyway.

I use scrog due to space limitations. I leave enough room under the net to do maintenance. Once you into it, you can touch your girls the way you like. Heres a post on SCROG

Looking great bro. :-gthumb May SCROG next run, hopefully can full it out as nicely as that. Busted link, or rather post doesn't exist anymore / no access, etc. In fact, seeing that's linked in your sig. none of your sig. links work for me either... JustinHemp420[/member] a sprayer with wand does the trick. A little slow unless you get a good one, but that's better for the girls anyway.

Thanks bud, I have tested the link(s) and it's all working. I'll investigate and revert soonest. 420SA[/member]

Could another member please confirm if the link is broken? 

:-peace