led light grows

transkei bones

its some soil a friend who works at one of our local seedling farms mixed up for me seems to be doing alright I hope. I have been using  nitrosol as a supplement thats about all.

If you're growing in soil you wanna be sitting with a PH of 7 or in the high 6's. The nitrosol is probably pushing the PH down. You need to get yourself some PH Up.Perhaps one of the members will be able to suggest an organic solution.

Guest Maxwell

In my opinion you should ditch the Nitrosol. Salty salty stuff that. I've only had bad experiences with it! Seagro is similar, but ok in tiny amounts. Your PH shouldn't be that high either, IMHO. Generally bacterial dominant soils will be more acidic, while fungal dominant more alkaline. Our ladies like a good mix (6.4-7) but in bloom can really thrive in bacterial dominant soils (5.8-6.4). IMHO the ideal is to get a good mix of fungi and bacteria working in your soil, with your mix leaning toward accommodating bacterial colonies primarily. So a soil sitting around 6.5 IMHO is ideal. Lime is a good additive, but really needs to be added early to have any efficacy. Bonemeal I also use but crush it very fine. As I say, earlier is better as IMHO the soil should slowly become acidic (6.5-6) as the plant blooms and finishes. IMHO your soil web needs to be worked before you plant, I have also found that there needs to be enough organic matter in the mix. My suggestion would be to keep going as you are, but just feed plain dechlorinated water, at a PH of 6.5ish. Buy yourself some Biobizz Fish Mix, Kelpak and Biobizz Bloom and Molasses for flower. That would be my best suggestion to starting in an unknown mix. Adding a handfull of worm castings and mycroroot won't hurt, but if you add too much now, you might offset the web at work.

Just my OPINION.

:-peace

Hi dutch what brand of 600wled are u going to be using and at the price they are a couple of them going to dent the cash flow properly .what size room are u going to be setting up in? So u say led on its own might not do the whole job on its own? Would u mind posting the link u get ur info on led grows so I could have a brows. Thanks for the reply any advice is much appreciated.

Im using the ones from china 9 LED's and 9 600w 400v HPS, ya i think the LED's were around 30k something so budget went down the drain there lol.

The room is +/- 40m2 ( its a funny shaped room ) I've just googled allot also on dutch forums and there are lots of arguments of which is better, basically it is that HPS = quantity and LED is Quality and a mixture is a little less quantity and a little more quality. therefore i wanted to test out the theory myself.

Hi dutch what brand of 600wled are u going to be using and at the price they are a couple of them going to dent the cash flow properly .what size room are u going to be setting up in? So u say led on its own might not do the whole job on its own? Would u mind posting the link u get ur info on led grows so I could have a brows. Thanks for the reply any advice is much appreciated.

Im using the ones from china 9 LED's and 9 600w 400v HPS, ya i think the LED's were around 30k something so budget went down the drain there lol.

The room is +/- 40m2 ( its a funny shaped room ) I've just googled allot also on dutch forums and there are lots of arguments of which is better, basically it is that HPS = quantity and LED is Quality and a mixture is a little less quantity and a little more quality. therefore i wanted to test out the theory myself.

Would like to see a pic of this grow room dude.  :-puffin

ok so here is a pic of two females they were brought up under 8 .30w fluorescent tubes and two small 14 w led panels gor 7 weeks  on a 18/6 light cycle swung them to 12/12 with the small panels and changed the tubes to warm white .only 3tubes thats all I cold get. that was for two weeks now they have had a full 12 hours of 600w led. this is my first real attempt at a indoor grow.so pls guys tell me what u think and no need to be nice call a spade a spade if thats whats needed. tks for your time :-peace

IMG-20141028-WA0000.thumb.jpg.d08e93d5f58600c055981ae0e825f434.jpg

temps have alwsys been around 25/27 degree ventilation  have a double floor (100mm void between the bottom of cupboard and grow area floor with partitions to stop light leaks 6x64mm holes on opposite ends in the grow area floor and the same size holes in the middle of the very bottom of the cupboard the top of the box is the same just I have mounted pc fans to extract the air out forcing it throug my carbon fliter (custom made to suit the design) and now when I fitted the big led light I bought a 8inch fan to put inside the box to help with air movment. think thats it.

Dutch do it LARGE!!! Lol you going to grow a indoor jungle i can only dream of......420 admin how many sleepless nights will you have knowing you got a jungle lol the anxiety will be to much for me. GOODLUCK!!! on your project Dutch a question tho how long have you been growing?

Sorry had to remove don't want any unwanted eyes to see that one, I've just done my first crop now so no expert just yet...... But the good news is that I am a farmer by trade so have a good growing background and my name should say it all..... Sad thing is still a long way and a lot of money to go before I can flip that switch.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, Light = Weight. Firstly how big is your grow room? Cannabis grow areas should receive 1000-3000 lumens per square foot. A great goal is to get around 2,000 lumens per square foot. During the vegetative stage,  plants stretch out when they receive low levels of light. The higher the level of light, the tighter the buds will be. Normally a 1500 watt lamp with shade will be good in a 10 x 10 square foot room. I prefer a lot more & another thing is that you’ve got to use the proper amount of CO2. More intense light requires greater amounts of CO2 for maximum marijuana plant growth.