led light grows

transkei bones

Hi max the light and fan were the only items I had to purchase the rest I collected for free. So total cost is around 8K so far. Going to be lining it with insulated  mylar soon was  given two rolls  this weekend. So by what u guys see in theppicture do they look like they going to be ready in 4weeks time.they are growing like crazy at the moment u can see the difference every morning before lights go off.will try get some nice clear pictures this week.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to add. You do get led specific for seedling/veg providing the required light spectrum. You also get specific for flowering. Generally most led grow lights will have a multi spectrum for all stages of growth.

Like mentioned previously, light cycle determines the life cycle.

• 2 months later...

If you want my honest opinion , rather save up and import something better .

1. It states 100 x 3 w led's , but they are running 600ma drivers so the wattage it will pull will be around the 180w and rule of thumb with LED's are you rate them on actual power draw . So 2 of these would be similar to a 400w hps.

2. The angles of the lenses are 120 degrees , anything above 90 degrees for led's are a waste of time as your light coverage increases but your penetration deceases and being only around the 180w you are going to have like no penetration at all.

3.The spectrum for this light is also tuned more towards flowering , you could use it for veg but I would add some cfl's .

Guest grunterfish86

I have one but got it from another place much cheaper will try get you the name of the place, have a look back i have a grow under it supplemented with cfl was OK with better training u could get better results  plus I hardly noticed a change in elect bill BUT you not gonna get massive plants with multiple huge colas I must admit I'm gonna get myself a ballast n  hps,  there is a company called mars hydro who make awesome leds but they pricey and have to be imported

Wow I really don't know what to do now lol...

I could maybe try get a better Led. For me the heat issue is going to be a winner..but also don't wanna blow the cash on a led that's not so gr8...hmmm makes my choice harder..I know which place you talking about I'm waiting for them to get stock...now I'm unsure help...

The LED game is still very open. The suppliers all promote their products as the shit, quoting all kinds of technical jargon to make layman go wow, awesome product. From the info I have gathered LEDs light output is not measure in LUX but rather PAR (Photosynthetically active radiation) value. Something to do with the light spectrum specifically required for plants.  :googleit should you require more.

Two brands of LED manufactures I have identified that are the real Macoy IMHO

KINDLED

ADVANCEDLEDLIGHT

:-peace

Guest grunterfish86

Check out these Toby they do a 5w diode  the marsII series and not overly priced, @ hydroman Im gonna give it another shot with the led but gonna keep plant size small n bushy n try for quality over quantity haha you just not gonna be able to flower lots of big plants at once!

http://www.mars-hydro.com/

The only problem with 5w diodes are heat , as I have experienced with the mars series and it depends on the space you planning on using the unit in as you need to keep them quite the distance from your babies other wise they light is to intense and fries them.  Regarding Advanced led light and Kind led  lights , do a bit of research further , I have contacted KIND led many a times and asked about what led's they use "cree, bridgelux , osram " as they do not specify it any where on their site and to date I have received no reply , nor do they state where there lights are manufactured. As for Advanced led lights , they are not the company they make out to be . The thing is most of the led lights and all our electronics are made in China , most coming from the Shenzen district. What a lot of the American companies do is buy their lights from China and then they just do the quality control checks in America to ensure the lights are up to standard. Go have a look at companies like E.shine and Cidly .

Great input Troy, you have done your research. :-clap

My light comes from Shezen district and they said its bridelux led used. Ill definately do more research on this matter. Want to compare similar set-ups to mine and check the results. And then compare to the "traditional" HPS?

Guest Maxwell

You might find the combination of the Indica tendencies are showing up and giving you a slightly slower starting time. I've had very similar with Sannies Heri and Jack. Then ofc the famous Urkle lineage is well-known for slow growth... Give her time, she will come right.