Woke up to a sick plant! Please help

YourStonedBuddy

Whats good everyone!

This morning i woke up to a sick plant :(

She was transplanted 4 days ago with a light watering. Leaves are drooping, tips are burnt and curled up & slight yellowing on the edges of the leaves.

I fear it could be a pest issue, some sort of mite perhaps? Growth has stunted, but new growth seems ok

Bushfire OG day 20 sick1.jpeg

Bushfire OG day 20 sick.jpeg

Bushfire OG day 20 sick2.jpeg

Edited by YourStonedBuddy

18 minutes ago, greenkush said:

Calmag deficiency. Also that burnt leaf looks like nutrient burns, tell us about your feed schedule/water ph etc.

I had the same issue:

1FAA6DC0-15DA-4204-A26E-80262B770C46.JPG

Currently feeding nothing at all, i just moved her from FF seedling mix to the FF premium classic soil. I doubt i should be having issues with calmag in this soil?

I am currently watering at Ph 6 every 3-4 days, 0 nutrients used

Edited by YourStonedBuddy

3 minutes ago, YourStonedBuddy said:

Currently feeding nothing at all, i just moved her from FF seedling mix to the FF premium classic soil. I doubt i should be having issues with calmag in this soil?

I am currently watering at Ph 6 every 3-4 days, 0 nutrients used

It's calmag 🙂 I had the exact problem. Feed calmag and it should bounce back. Also feeding every 3-4 days with no nutrients you're basically just flushing out everything else. Start your feeding cycle with some fishmix.

Edited by greenkush
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, greenkush said:

I went the same route you did was in FF seedling mix, it started showing those signs then moved to the soil and on the initial feed I helped it along with some calmag. 

Thanks for this! i do have some calmag on hand to feed, thankfully today is water day. What PH have you been watering at in the FF soil?

1 minute ago, YourStonedBuddy said:

Thanks for this! i do have some calmag on hand to feed, thankfully today is water day. What PH have you been watering at in the FF soil?

I'm usually feeding around 5.8-5.9. Feed with calmag, then after this watering start your nutrient feeding at half dose for a few feeds, monitor the plants then increase to full strength. 

Edited by greenkush

4 minutes ago, YourStonedBuddy said:

I plan to purchase BioBizz - Grow & Bloom

What is your feeding schedule like in this FF soil?

Don't buy Grow, get the fish mix. Also your chart is for soil, FF is predominantly coco.

hydroponics-ph-chart-marijuana.jpg

I feed with every watering.  Feeding at your current level of 6 is fine, the issue you have is the lack of the nutrients available.

Edited by greenkush

5 minutes ago, greenkush said:

Don't buy Grow, get the fish mix. Also your chart is for soil, FF is predominantly coco.

I feed with every watering.  Feeding at your current level of 6 is fine, the issue you have is the lack of the nutrients available.

Wow what?? i thought FF was predominantly soil.

Also ive read plenty others say they use 0 nutrients in the FF premium mix & here im having to feed already

22 minutes ago, YourStonedBuddy said:

Wow what?? i thought FF was predominantly soil.

Also ive read plenty others say they use 0 nutrients in the FF premium mix & here im having to feed already

To be rather honest I find FF soil to be weak in the nutrient department, I mainly just use it because its light and fluffy. Also remember depending on your strain it could easily use up the available nutrients.

First watering can either be clean water or for hungrier plants add a single recommended dosage of organic nutrients. The nutrients in the soil should be adequate for approximately 2-6 weeks before additional nutrient applications are required.

Direct from their website, notice the "should". 

Edited by greenkush

i actually experienced exactly these symptoms after a rather rough and traumatic series of transplants between rockwool blocks and organic soil, once the roots settled and pH stabilised it seems to have come right, will still add some epsom to the next feed just to bump up mg and hence help ca uptake

Edited by McB

43 minutes ago, greenkush said:

agreed, fishmix for veg, i flip over to grow bloom for flower

1 minute ago, 420SA said:

There is a mag def but Im sure its cos of PH, either that or that soil is a dud... 

I would suggest watering with a PH of around 6.2 or 6. What PH are you watering with?

He's already doing it at 6, but constantly watering with no nutrients is just flushing stuff away :P

6 minutes ago, greenkush said:

He's already doing it at 6, but constantly watering with no nutrients is just flushing stuff away :P

Sorry missed him saying that. I'm not so sure about the nutrients being flushed away... organics doesn't work like that unless you are flooding that medium and getting huge amounts of runoff. Either the mg isn't there to begin with or there's a PH lockout. I'm sure there's meant to be a good deal of mg in the mix though, enough for young plants at least. The notion that you need to be feeding now is false in my view. I don't see the need to feed plants at all actually during veg. I still haven't fed a drop of bottled nutrient to my organic plants 68 days into flower now so it's possible  Perhaps your soil needs a microlife boost as well @YourStonedBuddy.  Not sure if you may have experienced the same but I've heard about guys getting their ff soil and its dry. A dry soil is a microbe-less soil.  Best you brew an AACT or get some EM in there. Will help with your PH too

Get some worm castings and give your soil a top dress with that. Then use it for your AACT's too

• Like 3

It was in the seedling mix to long , have a look at the grow diary and you will see it's been hungry for a while. That coupled with transplant shock is your issue. 

You can not wash nutrients out unless stated by 420sa you out huge amounts of water .

2ml per L biobizz with a 25% runoff to start , folior feed with Epsom at 1g per L and give her time to root properly and she will recover nicely .

Good advice given by 420sa on aact and the microbes .

Sorry it cant be a longer answere , busy day 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, greenkush said:

To be rather honest I find FF soil to be weak in the nutrient department, I mainly just use it because its light and fluffy. Also remember depending on your strain it could easily use up the available nutrients.

They've been in the FF premium mix for 4 days man haha😅 nothing close to their 2-6 week guestimation

20 minutes ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

It was in the seedling mix to long , have a look at the grow diary and you will see it's been hungry for a while. That coupled with transplant shock is your issue. 

You can not wash nutrients out unless stated by 420sa you out huge amounts of water .

2ml per L biobizz with a 25% runoff to start , folior feed with Epsom at 1g per L and give her time to root properly and she will recover nicely .

Good advice given by 420sa on aact and the microbes .

Sorry it cant be a longer answere , busy day 

Just went and got some BioBizz grow, had no idea she was hungry tbh! but looking back at the pics i can see where i went wrong 😅

Gave it a light feeding, hopefully it makes good progress! 

• Like 1