Author Topic: Cannabinoid Ratios: The truth's and not so truth's  (Read 235 times)

Offline alemo

• Young Plant
Cannabinoid Ratios: The truth's and not so truth's
« on: July 23, 2018, 10:43:46 AM »
The entire plant has as much cbd as it will thc. So this idea of high cbd oil is just about how you make it :sillyass
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 10:43:35 AM by 420SA »

Offline 420SA

• Admin
Re: Cannabinoid Ratios: The truth's and not so truth's
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 11:24:13 AM »
Also you do know that the entire plant has as much cbd as it will thc. So this idea of high cbd oil is just about how you make it :sillyass

Educate me :-meditate so you're saying every strain of cannabis contains equal amounts of THC and CBD?

Offline alemo

• Young Plant
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 12:19:00 PM »
Every plant has equal amounts of the major cannabinoids THC and CBD. However the concentrations in tissues will be different. Beyond that, you can extract more specifically for CBD over THC with the right solvents.

Offline Skunk

• Surface Breaker
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 01:10:10 PM »
Sjo I do not agree with that statement. Every plant strain is different. Thus the persentage of CBD and THC varies from strain to strain. Strains with Low CBD high THC is the most common. Trying to get 1:1 CBD:THC or high CBD strain seem to be hard (this is where the real medical value lies it seems). Extraction methods is giving different results in lab testing with carbon and butane extraction methods showing low value to have medical value. It seems that food grade ethanol extractions is the most popular for medical use.
Currently we are experimenting with High CDB strain. Which they say has between 10-15% CBD. But testing will be the only way to determine this.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Offline alemo

• Young Plant
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 02:14:25 PM »
You don't have to agree. You just need to do some reading.

Offline alemo

• Young Plant
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 02:17:59 PM »
Read my signature.

Offline 420SA

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 09:31:01 AM »
Every plant has equal amounts of the major cannabinoids THC and CBD. However the concentrations in tissues will be different. Beyond that, you can extract more specifically for CBD over THC with the right solvents.

So if I'm understanding you right you're saying that in theory, if you were to extract every single cannabinoid from the entire plant, including the stem, leaves and roots you would end up with 50% THC and 50% CBD? But say for instance we're just extracting from the resin(trichomes), the ratio would differ, more towards the ratio of what the breeder suggests the strain contains?

Gotta admit this is an odd revelation to me. Can you point me to a write up on this?

Offline alemo

• Young Plant
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 12:26:13 PM »
Spot on buddy. Most just extract from the resin using a polar solvent. Use the same polarity index and you can start figuring out what pulls out more of what. A write up? Yes yes, give me a few hours to use google scholar because you're too lazy ;)

Offline Pat999

• Young Plant
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 01:28:37 PM »
Makes sense. Why it's always good using the whole plant

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

Offline alemo

• Young Plant
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2018, 01:43:14 PM »
Not always. Depends what you want to make. Me, I'm not a fan of water solubles. Cannabinoids aren't unicorn pee, you can use some simple science to pick and choose what you want to pull, activate, isomerise, extract , degrade etc etc etc.

Offline __DANNY__H__

• Young Plant
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 02:43:59 PM »
Every plant has equal amounts of the major cannabinoids THC and CBD.
[...]
Most just extract from the resin using a polar solvent. Use the same polarity index and you can start figuring out what pulls out more of what.

You make this claim about equal amounts, but provide no source... I'm under the impression that the vast majority of cannabinoids are in the resin, and it's a demonstrated fact that different strains of cannabis reliably produce different ratios of the various cannabinoids in their resin.

Offline alemo

• Young Plant
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 04:09:08 PM »
Well your impression doesn't match decades of research and published journal articles. If you don't know how to find white papers, I can't help further.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 11:32:40 AM by alemo »

Offline __DANNY__H__

• Young Plant
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2018, 03:33:38 PM »
Well your impression doesn't match decades of research and published journal articles. If you don't know how to find white papers, I can't help further.

I'll have a bloody hard time finding white papers backing up the claim that the sky is green and the moon is made of spaghetti, as well. I spent about 15 minutes googling and found nothing even coming close to what you have said. Besides, the onus of proof is on the person who makes the claim. You look like a typical internet "scientist" that has neither education nor expertise when you say things like this buddy. ;P

Offline alemo

• Young Plant
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2018, 04:05:04 PM »
Yeah sure thing. Just as well I don't see the need for trying to educate those that can't muster more than a quarter of an hour "googling" for exact claims from some "internet scientist". Fortunately internet consensus doesn't undermine tertiary institutions.

You're right, I am wrong. It's not like people grow hemp cultivars for CBD isolate.

Offline Skunk

• Surface Breaker
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2018, 05:22:59 PM »
https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm611046.htm
This is the first CBD drug registered by the FDA.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk