Seedling new growth discolouration

TheLazyFisherman

Pink or slightly brown? The image to me looks slightly brown, anyhow, this might be a dumb question, but how intense/ or low are your lights or light source to the seedling? Seedlings don't like to intense light and will stress easy. If it was a medium issue, it would have shown in the cotyledon leaves, but they look healthy. So, I would look to the light source as a starting point. Good luck🧙‍♂️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LitItGrown said:

Pink or slightly brown? The image to me looks slightly brown, anyhow, this might be a dumb question, but how intense/ or low are your lights or light source to the seedling? Seedlings don't like to intense light and will stress easy. If it was a medium issue, it would have shown in the cotyledon leaves, but they look healthy. So, I would look to the light source as a starting point. Good luck🧙‍♂️

Woah, I'd love to see a light that makes the grow room colder. 🤔 I thought generally lights give off heat? Or am I wrong? 

The presence of anthocyanins may be due to many many many things, but I have never heard of a plant turning purple cause of too much light. Sometimes a lack of light yeah, if it's paired with a lack of heat. If light is too intense for a seedling you'll see upward cupping also known as canoeing, forms of necrosis and/or tip burn which is basically just early necrosis. This will be, because when the plant has an excessive amount of photosynthetic active radiation (PAR) on the leaf surface, the excessive amounts will register as heat and the leaves will indicate through one of the responses mentioned earlier. Anthocyanins generally indicate a lack of something. 95% of the time it's a lack of heat. Rest of the time it could be due to either lack of nutrient, ph imbalance which also results in lack of nutrients and lack of light. Outdoor growers will have this experience where they can't move the plant and just the one side grows into the shade and gets a few hours less sun than the rest of the plant, that one branch that's in the shade will turn purple. 

Never the other way around. 

• Like 3

Lol Dude, I wasn't implying that's its temperature related AT ALL😄, 3rd Evan mentioned that... - I was implying light stress could be a reason, hence the question... "how intense/ or low are your lights or light source"

"Pink or slightly brown? The image to me looks slightly brown" implying exactly that "forms of necrosis and/or tip burn" - The "slightly brown" I was referring to. 

• Like 2

Lol Dude, that's why I said - 

4 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Woah, I'd love to see a light that makes the grow room colder. 🤔 I thought generally lights give off heat? Or am I wrong? 

but you wouldn't understand why I would say that if you didn't slowly and clearly read and grasp this part -

4 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

when the plant has an excessive amount of photosynthetic active radiation (PAR) on the leaf surface, the excessive amounts will register as heat and the leaves will indicate through one of the responses mentioned earlier. 

just remember, TIP burn, it's in the name, the damage will be on the TIPS. those leaves are very very small still yet you can clearly see the tips are fine. the colour is on the inner part of the leaf. 

• Like 3