West Coast OG Auto - selfie seed run

TheLazyFisherman

Well... They viable. At it again

Tap roots showed in 24 hrs and a additional 3 days to sprout. 

This time TA tripart and 70/30 coco pearl

Testing 5L plastic pots with the intent of keeping them small 

From what I've seen. 5L fabric pots still produce fairly large plants

IMG_20230706_184942.jpg

Screenshot_20230706_185027_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Edited by TheLazyFisherman
Pots
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Damn ... Freedom Farms. Suuucks to hear that from one of the more reputed names.

It's a bigger problem for them as a brand than it is for the customer that runs into an issue so I am sure they would appreciate the feedback so they don't run into the same problem again. Either straighten out the lazy employee or replace them. Not giving feedback on big problems like these can be even bigger issue at the end of the day and who knows, maybe they thank you and bless you with some merch or new soil just to cover their ass. Even if they don't, at the very least, all they can do is use the info to avoid another slip up. 

Luckily I am off buying soil anymore, but I remember about 5 years ago till the other day still FF being the most consistent soil brand for us locals, but also hearing a lot of people running into problems with their stuff lately.

About a year ago now a bud of mine transplanted 2.5month old clones (not small plants) straight into their Premium Classic soil and it just turned his plants into a crisp right away. That's trusting that he took my word to only give water, and didn't give nutrients (I know him to be that kinda guy, does exactly what you tell him not to do) plants just turned to a crisp. Luckily, because they all photoperiods we saved them, but yeah.... Freedom Farms being caught slipping up a bit too much lately, but then could also be the difficulty of trying to keep up with demand. 

I'd say if you looking at organics, even when you get into it, you'll end up making your own soil or amending soil you have as a base, so it's better to start waaaayy before planning to grow in the soil so once you wana make the move you're one step ahead of yourself. With organics we never throw anything away, you can basically use the cocoperl you got there as a base and build on that. 

A worm tower to make your own worm juice and castings - takes literally 10 to 20min to make, very very little financial input, helps to make clean up easier around the kitchen, builds a better relationship between you and the natural cycle and ultimately the plants too, will be the best time and effort investment to make for your plants and garden in general as the worm colony grow you can multiply your towers, you can sell the worms, you can literally just throw them on the ground in the garden and get a good healthy conscience boost as you're basically reviving, regenerating and spreading life. 💚🤘🔥 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • TheLazyFisherman changed the title to West Coast OG Auto - selfie seed run

100% AK, go for it 👍 R15 each at Mambos. 

Input is 300ppm runoff is 290,next feed I'm bumping to 350ppm.

Input PH is 5.6-5.8, runoff ph is 6.8. Dr MJ Coco says to ignore runoff ph and concentrate on input ec/ph and runoff ec. 

Fertigating once a day right now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

With the intention to keep them small. Plants were fimmed last week. Remember this is a 60cm x 60cm tent. 

520ppm. 

650ppfd

I cut back on PK last week, plants didn't like it. Im back to equal amounts of the trio and they look much happier. 

First signs of preflower. 

IMG_20230923_163044.jpg

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Stinger96 said:

Looking nice.👌

If you want to keep them small rather top and lst. Fimming could get you into trouble if your timings out.. my :-2cents

:-peace

You right. After fimming all four, 2 phenos are spiking taller than the rest. I topped one of them today to see what happens. I'm all experiments right now 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Fire! 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have played around a lot with the optimal amount of plants to number of branches in a small space such as this. 

Your pots are a good size for 4 plants in that space. I do think there is too much training per pot. If you want to keep four plants next time, maybe try only splitting each plant into 4-ways each, with one topping only per plant and keeping the top four branches. 

If you wanted to do the same kind of training again like here, you can just go with one big 40L pot and train one plant into like 16-ways, doing a main top, keeping top 4 branches and then topping each branch again to get 16 colas total. 

Strains also play a huge part. The strain you got there is definitely s stretcher. If you do it again, just flip to flower sooner to avoid losing the amount of headroom you did. 

• Like 1
  • Fire! 1

1 minute ago, Ill_Evan said:

I have played around a lot with the optimal amount of plants to number of branches in a small space such as this. 

Your pots are a good size for 4 plants in that space. I do think there is too much training per pot. If you want to keep four plants next time, maybe try only splitting each plant into 4-ways each, with one topping only per plant and keeping the top four branches. 

If you wanted to do the same kind of training again like here, you can just go with one big 40L pot and train one plant into like 16-ways, doing a main top, keeping top 4 branches and then topping each branch again to get 16 colas total. 

Strains also play a huge part. The strain you got there is definitely s stretcher. If you do it again, just flip to flower sooner to avoid losing the amount of headroom you did. 

Thanks for the advise. Definitely 1 plant grow for this strain. Will see how the chemdawg's structure looks for a 4 plant grow, apparently it's much smaller

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...