Seeds for a strain called Black Beauty

LitItGrown

High again! my fellow mystics.

Does anybody know where in SA I can find seeds of a strain called "Black Beauty"?

Black-Beauty-Strain.thumb.jpg.aa70f678738591d78418115cc45ee5c7.jpg

THC 7% | CBD 1% | Sativa 50% | Indica 50% 

"A rare find, Black Beauty is an excellent strain for those that want to experience THCV in their bud, especially when combined with a reasonably low THC load."

"The grower, George Bianchini, claims that after a few generations of meddling and further crossbreeding, Black Beauty began producing more THC than CBD, and eventually creating THCV as well. This is what gives the strain it’s signature cerebral potency, as well as its almost knock-out relaxation. (THCV’s presence increases the effectiveness and assimilation rate of the THC within the strain, amplifying the relatively mild amount of THC found in Black Beauty.)" - wayofleaf.com

• Like 2

what makes you want those seeds specifically? 

I can 100% guarentee you'll find something way better locally.

7% thc is on the very very low side, so at its most potent, how potent can it really be? Local genetics testing 15 - 20% thc, but theres lower stuff too around 7% if that's what you going for.

Besides that, the descriptions breeders give are all selling points and marketing tactics based on the selected breeders cut. The sativa/indica only indicates grow style and nothing else  - short or tall plant, thick or narrow leaves, long or short flower time - no cerebral high no body high type stuff, that's nonsense. All that will depend on the state of the trichomes when harvesting - early harvest will be more cerebral high get your mind going sometimes leading to anxiety and late harvest will make you feel sedated like a body high and you feel weak and tired. Another thing I can 100% guarentee you is that the seeds need to be extremely well stabilized and then still with the most stabilized F5 and higher gene pools still give you phenotypical variation. That's why when you pop a bag of 10 seeds from one strain you get 10 different plants. That's why we phenohunt. It's a luck of the draw game, next thing to look at is - say you got a clone of the breeders cut, your grow setup, techniques and approach need to be so fine tuned and consistent to get that plant to express exactly the way the breeder described it, more often than not if we use generic soils and nutes and do the bare minimum in the way of technique then we can grow the same clone of the same pheno and get different expressions every time, because conditions fluctuate. I got many plants here, looking at indoor if I harvest during summer I get green plants and if I harvest during winter I get purple plants. Not only does the anthocyanin production increase during colder months, there is a whole different end product, the taste of the bud changes and the overall expression of the plant changes. Clear indication that environment impacts outcome. I prefer green buds as they taste better and because I like the taste better I feel higher, cause of the entourage effect and the fact that it's not only the psychoactive properties of the thc that gets you high. That's why extract makes you high for 30min and flower makes you high for several hours, the trichomeless plant material does something too. 

I would suggest if you want something good look at what the hype strains are at the moment you wana buy, see if you can get a clone first. If you really neeeed to buy a seed, a good rule is the cheaper the seed the more you need to buy and "dig through" like a small phenohunt to get the keeper. Generally the more you spend the fewer seeds you gotta pop to find a keeper. With that said the local guys got extremely crazy fire genetics for crazy good prices so you can buy a butt load and be sure you gona find a winner. 

🍀

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

He might look for the THCV compound. It has some rather specific characteristics and the main to point out, it seem to mitigate the negative effect of THC.

If you look for it because you want to slim down 😉 I would just do a diet hehehe Has some other medical properties but I think the main effect is, THVC doesn't gives your greenies/green fever/whatever. 

And i agree.. you will have to import.. that is a total niche plant. Would be rather surprised if somebody in SA gaves it much attention. 

And just to add... there isn't much scientific research done on THCV yet.. so I would not waste to much time. The appetite reduction and slimming down effect couldn't get proven in a study, both groups lost same. I would wait till there is more known before investing to much time.

Edited by Prom
Hat to re-write quick the top part ^^ and added the last
  • Like 2

Same as all other compounds with all other gene pools, thvc will differ in each plant too. And then also same as with all lab tests for basically everything in the world that humans consume, a sample is tested and a number is given - that does not mean the sample you sit with gets that same lab result. Even with compounds mainly focussed on like thc we still bud test a sample of the yield, could be a clone of the same plant and thc% may differ and it's all based on plant geoplasticity and environmental factors. 

If what the breeders described was ever true why do we still test our buds? If the description say so it MUST be so, so why do we still test our buds for thc% if it's already mentioned on the pack? I think it's cause we all kinda know the truth, we just have wishful thinking when reading a breeders description. 

• Like 2

On 6/10/2023 at 6:17 AM, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

what makes you want those seeds specifically? 

I can 100% guarentee you'll find something way better locally.

7% thc is on the very very low side, so at its most potent, how potent can it really be? Local genetics testing 15 - 20% thc, but theres lower stuff too around 7% if that's what you going for.

Besides that, the descriptions breeders give are all selling points and marketing tactics based on the selected breeders cut. The sativa/indica only indicates grow style and nothing else  - short or tall plant, thick or narrow leaves, long or short flower time - no cerebral high no body high type stuff, that's nonsense. All that will depend on the state of the trichomes when harvesting - early harvest will be more cerebral high get your mind going sometimes leading to anxiety and late harvest will make you feel sedated like a body high and you feel weak and tired. Another thing I can 100% guarentee you is that the seeds need to be extremely well stabilized and then still with the most stabilized F5 and higher gene pools still give you phenotypical variation. That's why when you pop a bag of 10 seeds from one strain you get 10 different plants. That's why we phenohunt. It's a luck of the draw game, next thing to look at is - say you got a clone of the breeders cut, your grow setup, techniques and approach need to be so fine tuned and consistent to get that plant to express exactly the way the breeder described it, more often than not if we use generic soils and nutes and do the bare minimum in the way of technique then we can grow the same clone of the same pheno and get different expressions every time, because conditions fluctuate. I got many plants here, looking at indoor if I harvest during summer I get green plants and if I harvest during winter I get purple plants. Not only does the anthocyanin production increase during colder months, there is a whole different end product, the taste of the bud changes and the overall expression of the plant changes. Clear indication that environment impacts outcome. I prefer green buds as they taste better and because I like the taste better I feel higher, cause of the entourage effect and the fact that it's not only the psychoactive properties of the thc that gets you high. That's why extract makes you high for 30min and flower makes you high for several hours, the trichomeless plant material does something too. 

I would suggest if you want something good look at what the hype strains are at the moment you wana buy, see if you can get a clone first. If you really neeeed to buy a seed, a good rule is the cheaper the seed the more you need to buy and "dig through" like a small phenohunt to get the keeper. Generally the more you spend the fewer seeds you gotta pop to find a keeper. With that said the local guys got extremely crazy fire genetics for crazy good prices so you can buy a butt load and be sure you gona find a winner. 

🍀

Blowing my perception of what I thought I understood about weed 😄 Sativa/Indica only indicates grow style and nothing else? Sativa = daytime smoke, energy, head high etc, Indica = nighttime smoke, sleepiness? That's all nonsense and marketing? 🤔💀

I was aware that the different tastes, smells and effects come from different terpenes. If what you're saying is true, then my little bit of knowledge I do have has been flipped xD That an "Indica Dominant" strain can give just as much of a "Sativa" feeling when harvest early. 

Other snippets I've read is that more amber trichomes = more Indica, and the inverse also being true for Sativa. I guess the only true source of information will ever be to grow the stuff yourself, and test and learn lmao. Thank you for the insight 🔥

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AK-47 Gold Arabesque said:

Blowing my perception of what I thought I understood about weed 😄 Sativa/Indica only indicates grow style and nothing else? Sativa = daytime smoke, energy, head high etc, Indica = nighttime smoke, sleepiness? That's all nonsense and marketing? 🤔💀

I was aware that the different tastes, smells and effects come from different terpenes. If what you're saying is true, then my little bit of knowledge I do have has been flipped xD That an "Indica Dominant" strain can give just as much of a "Sativa" feeling when harvest early. 

Other snippets I've read is that more amber trichomes = more Indica, and the inverse also being true for Sativa. I guess the only true source of information will ever be to grow the stuff yourself, and test and learn lmao. Thank you for the insight 🔥

The sativa / indica being daytime / night time also depends a lot of when the plant is harvested.

For example, if you take a sativa that say matures in 8 weeks and harvest it around 10 weeks when you have mostly amber trichomes, you will have a couch locked, make you relax and sleepy sativa plant.

If you harvest an indica a little early when there is only milky trichomes and hardly no amber ones, you will have a nice cerebral awake high from a indica plant.

Knowing this you can play with strains, for example, if you take a heavy sativa like a Sour Diesel, leave it for an extra week or 2 before harvest until those trichomes amber up nicely, you will end up with a really mellow Sour Diesel that's actually awesome. "Makes you feel like it wants to give you energy, but maybe later..."

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, DesignatedDave said:

The sativa / indica being daytime / night time also depends a lot of when the plant is harvested.

hehehee 😉 that's why AK47 was saying what he said, he was commenting on me saying this in the previous message, but yeah true is true hey

Even with all that said, harvesting indica at "peak" harvest or sativa at "peak" harvest time does not mean the sativa is day time smoke and indica night time smoke at all. That's where the misconception stems from, but it's all a bit backwards.

Father of taxonomy, Carl Linnaeus, dubbed the term "Sativa" to the first Cannabis species found, because it means "Cultivated" and the cannabis plant, at the time, was highly cultivated for it's industrial uses such as hemp fiber, paper, medicine and a whole lot of other things. Indica means "from India", it was dubbed the name cause this variety of the same cannabis plant was found growing basically on the other side of the world with a whole different growth structure and grow cycle and wasn't used for industrial uses, so typically they had to call it something else - Indica was born. Ruderalis means "from Russia". 

The day time night time smoke is based purely off misconception created by false marketing. You only look at it like that when one does not understand trichomes. We have a window of time to play in, when you see buds are matured size and minimal white pistils (if you see white pistils is means bud is still growing, when less than around 10% of pistils are white the buds stop developing) you can start looking at trichomes once the buds stop developing. This gives you a window of time, not lunar time as in one day or one week or one month, we talk about time here the way the plant see it, so we need to learn how to speak plant. Only way is go to the plant every day and have a look at what the trichomes say. So what is "peak" harvet? I put it in quotes cause it's not a real thing. The deeper you get into it, you realise you harvest when you wana. Some like 10% amber, 70% milky and 20% clear, some like 80% amber, 10% milky and 10% clear. But in actual fact, the plant does not die in an instant when you chop them, for about a week or two theres still "movement" inside the plant after harvest. so if you see what you like today and then harvest, by the time you smoke the bud the trichomes will all look different. sooo......????? That's more of an answer than anything, but if it still doesn't make sense, look at it like this. Every genetic is different, when we talk trichomes we don't mean a chair that is a one simple object *mass produced on a production line in a factory, trichomes are like individual living things. Some have longer stalks some are shorter, some have thicker walls some have thinner, sommer are glass-like in texture some are more plastic-like, some have more resin inside, some have higher concentrations of different compounds inside their resin... they're all different. that's why you get stickier plants, granular resin plants, plants that dump resin, plants that don't look resinous but is potent as fuck, plants that are covered in trichomes that don't make you high at all.... all this comes down to the trichomes and what they look like under the microscope, they mature in different ways and at different rates and speeds. so yeah, that should say more than enough.

for example (just an example, not a true thing) the trichomes on your cheese plant will stay clear till week 7 and then over night they all go milky in a couple of hours. and then right next to it you got SourLemon that's been throwing milky trichomes long before buds are finished forming, but no ambers. and then after all this, take those two phenos and just to razzle dazzle yall, do the same thing in someone elses environment/setup you may get different results again. 🤣

so yeah, the indica and sativa stuff is just info for the guys starting out. 

I would suggest listening to or reading up on as much of Frenchy Cannoli's information about bubble hash making that you possibly can. That man will help anyone to understand a trichome better than they can understand their own dick. 🤙💚

Edited by Naughty.Psychonaut
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

""He might look for the THCV compound."

Spot on! The reason is because of this strains particular effects in diabetics. It is documented (studies in mice) that the THCV compound would cause the sugar levels to fluctuate less extreme between highs and lows. 

Now granted that the studies have been in mice, but they are strain specific studies, nonetheless. So this is more of a medical exploration that it is of a psychedelic nature. So as with most casses in cannabis it comes down to the pudding and the pudding here for me would be finding the above mentioned result; "sugar levels to fluctuate less extreme between highs and lows" and it only became a recent "thing" because of a close friend of mine did experience an improvement - less flux between high and low - up to 2 days after smoking some GSR and after quite an interesting conversation, I found this strain. 

Now I'm not the type to go bro-science quickly, because frankly, the research in the field of cannabis are decades behind other crops due to prohibition. I guess that's what makes cannabis so intriguing to most growers. I do like to experiment myself and with that comes pros and cons. At this point I just want to help a friend to feel better - Like we all use the herb, however not everybody's requirements to feel better are the same. So then you look at the human endocannabinoid system and then you realize ok so these variables and chemical make-up now get introduced to another cannabinoid chemical make-up aka cannabis. That's why every user experience is unique and similar and opposite in almost all strains, depending on what the user has experienced, and this also has to do with our human system...

The human endocannabinoid system (ECS) regulates a variety of physiological processes and helps maintain homeostasis in the body. Some of the functions regulated by the ECS include:

*Neurotransmitter function - The ECS plays a role in regulating the release, uptake, and overall balance of neurotransmitters in the brain. This helps modulate functions such as mood, appetite, sleep, and pain perception.

*Immune system response - The ECS influences immune system responses, including inflammation. It helps regulate the immune system's inflammatory response to injury or illness, promoting balance and preventing excessive inflammation.

*Pain perception - The ECS is involved in the modulation of pain sensation. Endocannabinoids can bind to cannabinoid receptors in the nervous system, reducing the transmission of pain signals and providing pain relief.

*Appetite and digestion: The ECS influences appetite regulation and the digestive process. It can stimulate hunger or suppress appetite, depending on the specific signals and receptors involved.

*Sleep and relaxation: The ECS is involved in the regulation of sleep patterns and relaxation. It can influence the sleep-wake cycle, promoting restful sleep and relaxation.

*Mood and stress response: The ECS plays a role in regulating mood and the body's response to stress. It helps modulate the release of stress hormones and promotes a sense of well-being.

*Reproductive system: The ECS has been found to be involved in various aspects of reproductive function, including fertility, implantation, and embryonic development.

Research on the ECS is still ongoing, and our understanding of its functions continues to evolve, but all these above should ring some bells. 

So my fellow mystics.., it's a custom, just like in chemistry if your ratios are off you won't see the results your heard off, but if your ratios are correct then the more likely you are to achieve the result you can measure / grade / judge whatever your goal is. SO that means that if I have a girl scout cookie just as healthy as @Naughty.Psychonaut's girl scout cookie (he will argue that his plant is healthier 😄 and yes he'd most probably be right, 😄  BUT let's say hypothetically that the 2 plants are equally healthy, same seed batch, but not clones. They will still have developed different chemistry levels, HOWEVER they would probably more or less the same, and give majority of users the same effects, however there will be the exceptions, but most likely it will be because of the user's chem make-up and not the plants. 

But that's just my 2 cents. Me I am easy I like to get stoned and high and neither sativa nor indica gives me muchies. Amber trichs is good for my ADHD and the milky ones are murder for my attention span but fun! Any one of the 2 helps when I sit for a tattoo, sure it's still painful but the moment I get busy on my phone I forget about the ink completely, and thus Pain perception checkbox checked. Another friend of mine experiences the opposite, every time no matter what the strain. I must also add that, Sativa's strains thus far, just seem to have a longer effect than the Indica's and therefor, for me a softer landing. But that's just my own personal experience. 

Thanks for all the insights and advice fellow mystics, always appreciated🤘

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

the same person smoking the exact same flower at different times of the same day will feel different each time they smoke it. that should be enough info 😁🍀

Perfect⭐😄(Because that single user's ECS will change as the day progress)

• Like 3

Yeyeyee that's the thing, and then also when you get into lab testing, most tests will use somewhere between less than 0.1g up to 0.5g for taking a reading, but the next becomes very obvious if you take any 0.5g part of the plant, you not getting a good sample. so as with all things run through proper lab testing and sequencing you need to do a field test, you look at the plant as "a field", you need to collect as much variety out of "the field" to capture all data efficiently, run the tests and cross reference them and then find an average. so what you end up doing is taking a bud sample from the top buds, middle buds and lower buds. they all get tested seperately and for extra measure another seperate test with all 3 samples mixed. 

the same as with humans, considering your point on how our ecs fluctuate, a plant is also a living thing, it's not made on a production line where all 100 is the exact same, it's not an object that comes out the machine the same every time, as I was saying same as with humans the same with plants, they're living things and because of that you'll have situations where the top buds are of way better quality than the lowers and all that stuff, bringing us back to why you test multiple samples in a lab an not just one. 

when we smoke, that's not what we do though, we don't take little bits from all over the plant and smoke it all together, we take one bud and break it up and smoke it, that bud coming from the same plant as the bud next to it will have different lab results... cause it's a plant. You can even go finer detail and look at one bud alone, inside the bud the resin will look different than the resin on the outside, cause it's basically never been exposed to direct sunlight and once a plant isn't growing anymore and UV from the sun hits your trichomes it degrades them, usually also the first trichomes to ripen and the trichomes inside the bud will be more "fresh" and "prime". so obviously, different compounds inside them.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Truth that. I am about 10 days from harvesting the GSC - Majority of my canopy is even except for main that's a bit higher, I am really ok with this, I prefer milky trichs, however I do like the amber effect as well, so for me I am looking to harvest when the top buds are about 20% amber, and I should be around 10% amber trichs on the majority of the harvest. However, all the buds get good light exposure (Mains aren't really blocking any light from the rest of the canopy. But that's the plan on paper, we'll see what happens in reality. I still have the dry and cure to get through. 😄 I am expecting (hoping) a same strain different effects kind of thing.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Black Beauty sounds intriguing. I haven't come across it in SA, but it's always a hunt worth embarking on. The description makes it even more appealing, though I prefer ready products like the strongest delta 9 gummies.  Good luck with your search, and I hope you get to enjoy those unique effects soon!

Edited by Lovestary