What nutrients to use for flowering outdoor soil grow

Grant

Depending on what is in your soil allready if its a "craft" soil.

For a preflower boost Biobizz flower and molasses will do. Keep a eye on the NPK values of the product you wish to purchase, for flower you need the P and K values to be higher than the N.

There are many organic nutrient formulations available online.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bos said:

Depending on what is in your soil allready if its a "craft" soil.

For a preflower boost Biobizz flower and molasses will do. Keep a eye on the NPK values of the product you wish to purchase, for flower you need the P and K values to be higher than the N.

There are many organic nutrient formulations available online.

I have only being using fish emulsion up to this point but once the plant started to show flowering I have stopped and now look for a nutrient high in P and K that will work well for the flower development. My plant has had some issue with heat and has seriously deformed leaves which I have been told was caused by heat and underwatering.

16767047536457657758840325786398.jpg

16767049426047191399006403877270.jpg

Edited by Grant
Wrong spelling and more info
  • Sad 1

Is it planted directly into the earth or is it in a pot?

We have hectic heat on the north coast but haven't seen that type of leaf deform.

Almost looks like a root or genetic issue but the more knowlegable guys may shed some more light there.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bos said:

Is it planted directly into the earth or is it in a pot?

We have hectic heat on the north coast but haven't seen that type of leaf deform.

Almost looks like a root or genetic issue but the more knowlegable guys may shed some more light there.

It has been planted directly into a raised bed of 30cm height and 1m by 1m and was originally a sandy soil that I mixed in compost and mulch with golden dust, could be very possible to be a rooting and soil issue as this is my very first grow and had no knowledge of bedding and the importance of grow mediums, I planted in September last year but started getting the deformed leaves in January this year and could not understand what happened.

• Like 1

If you don't want to go into a deep budget go Builders Warehouse, get Seagrow and GuanoFlo.. important is the GuanoFlo. Not perfect but has good amount Phosphor and Potassium. The SeaGro you can just add.. is rather weak. If a fertilizer states on the bottle that you can't over do it.. says enough ^^ but good supplement. Stick to the dosage on the bottle of the GuanaFlo!!! That is hot fertilizer and to much will kill your plant.

If you want to give them a proper treatment, get BioBizz Fish-Mix and Bloom (3ml each per liter), Kushy Amino Acids (4ml per 10L) and Kelp Extract (1ml per liter) and some de-sulphurated Molasses (for a 10 liter bucket you can easy add 100-150ml).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grant said:

I have only being using fish emulsion up to this point but once the plant started to show flowering I have stopped and now look for a nutrient high in P and K that will work well for the flower development. 

You don't stop the N, you just reduce it and add more of other elements for flower, the plant will still grow in size.. and yes, that is massive heat stress. Not said it is from under watering.. but dry plants get easier stressed. During summer I water more but stick to my feeding regime.. just give em at least once a day an additional soaking with water only, that way the plant has more water to vaporize and cool itself. If the plant stands in a hardly ventilated corner, she will go also way faster into heat stress. There is nothing wrong with a netting over the plants to add more shade.. will still reach easy 1000-1400 micromole PAR but the plant gets way less heat by sun rays. Sun on the southern hemisphere is way stronger compared to the north.. all the breeders sit north 😉

Edited by Prom
corrected the N
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Prom said:

You don't stop the N, you just reduce it and add more of other elements for flower, the plant will still grow in size.. and yes, that is massive heat stress. Not said it is from under watering.. but dry plants get easier stressed. During summer I water more but stick to my feeding regime.. just give em at least once a day an additional soaking with water only, that way the plant has more water to vaporize and cool itself. If the plant stands in a hardly ventilated corner, she will go also way faster into heat stress. There is nothing wrong with a netting over the plants to add more shade.. will still reach easy 1000-1400 micromole PAR but the plant gets way less heat by sun rays. Sun on the southern hemisphere is way stronger compared to the north.. all the breeders sit north 😉

Wow thank you for all the advice I will get so of the nutrients and start feeding again and also carry on with the fish emulsion but just lower the volume 

• Like 1

That plant looks incredibly stressed which is deforming the bud. I'm not seeing anything deficiency wise. I'd even say that whatever food regime/soil currently being used is good. 

I've only ever had one strain curl up and grow leaves on the bud like that, and it was certainly genetics related and as a result of too much stress/training. Some strains are just better at handling themselves than others. 

So I would say something is stressing that plant. It's either heat or something with the roots, or both. 

Did you spray anything on the plant recently?

If you are using something like seagro with liquid kelp you should continue with it till the bud swelling stops, right before full maturity. 

What are you currently feeding exactly? Most fish emulsion options should cover the full micro nutrient needs of your plant. 

Going into flower we now need to add to our feeding schedule. This will depend on your preference for liquid vs drysoil amendments. If you go drysoil topdress id get a bag of bat gauno from jamies or msa, bottle nutes you have many options as well but all pk focussed nutrients will require you continue feeding nitrogen and micronutrients. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

That plant looks incredibly stressed which is deforming the bud. I'm not seeing anything deficiency wise. I'd even say that whatever food regime/soil currently being used is good. 

I've only ever had one strain curl up and grow leaves on the bud like that, and it was certainly genetics related and as a result of too much stress/training. Some strains are just better at handling themselves than others. 

So I would say something is stressing that plant. It's either heat or something with the roots, or both. 

Did you spray anything on the plant recently?

I haven't sprayed anything on the plant

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GreenGalaxyFarm said:

If you are using something like seagro with liquid kelp you should continue with it till the bud swelling stops, right before full maturity. 

What are you currently feeding exactly? Most fish emulsion options should cover the full micro nutrient needs of your plant. 

Going into flower we now need to add to our feeding schedule. This will depend on your preference for liquid vs drysoil amendments. If you go drysoil topdress id get a bag of bat gauno from jamies or msa, bottle nutes you have many options as well but all pk focussed nutrients will require you continue feeding nitrogen and micronutrients. 

I'm currently giving fish emulsion but just cutting down on the ml and then I'm adding dried banana peel with dried eggshells that are blended in the blender and then added to my ph water and then watering the plant directly to soil

• Confused 1

Bananas for potassium and eggshells for calcium. 

I have blitzed leftover apples and bananas in the foodprocessor with molasses for our girls, with good results.

There are many cost effective ways to process organic materials to make their nutrients more bio-available for your plants.

Do yourself a favour and have a look at Korean Natural farming or KNF on the interweb. Plenty organic tips.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/19/2023 at 5:18 PM, Bos said:

Bananas for potassium and eggshells for calcium. 

I have blitzed leftover apples and bananas in the foodprocessor with molasses for our girls, with good results.

There are many cost effective ways to process organic materials to make their nutrients more bio-available for your plants.

Do yourself a favour and have a look at Korean Natural farming or KNF on the interweb. Plenty organic tips.

I will definitely go have a look at the Korean natural farming for some tips and I'll make sure I carry on with my fish emulsion as well

• Like 1