Caelus Gro-tron Laser Grow System. Does it sound familiar?

Righteoussower

I just moved this light to my 150x150x200 tent. It is a 120W. I bought it second hand so I don’t have much information about it. But they say it is powerful. It’s a Bluetooth grow light and has an app which you can switch from veg and bloom. But the app seems to be discontinued on iPhones. So I’m stuck with the settings it came with. The seller says it is in veg and bloom mode already. But I need further clarity if possible. It’s quite old and not much information on the website as well. It is a Caelus Gro-tron Laser grow system. It is very bright and almost never hot. The coolness also makes me wonder if it’s effective enough. Lol… but I can also see my plant nodes spacing properly since I installed it. Any tips will be appreciated.4628d4084f9fec03f2e34a0dec8b855a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

971fde6f8bfcd3cbb1c89b31d8209c93.jpg

564dc5e16429c234a14299139efde81b.jpg

• Like 1

Gotta admit, it looks above my pay grade. Although from the little I do know, I maybe wouldn't be standing in front of it while it's on  looks radioactive. 

Lol… is that a good or a bad thing?? The light used to retail for R10k in 2011 according to the seller and a single review I read.

Hi bud, hope you are well! 

How much did you pay for that light? 

First I wana say I am not an LED master like some of the other forum members on here, but a short story is in order ... 😅

I started out with a blurple light (blue / purple / red / pink) and it served me well for atleast one grow. I had buddies growing with all kinds of tech, the HID light grows still take the trophy for bud profuction, but because of the running costs it has become a thing of the past. LEDs made a wave when they came out with much less running costs and much less heat coming off the lights. Better all around, and for a while horticulturalists thought that having light in specific colours that do certain things for plants will be the best way to grow, but that quickly changed.

the idea behind using a blurple is giving the plant only the essential spectrums it uses during either veg or flower, but what time and countless experiments have shown, is that removing the non essential spectrums you are removing a very important part of what the plant needs. it's sort of like feeding the plant only macro nutrients without any micro nutrients, same concept, but not as diar.

the best light for plants is a full spectrum horticulture light. white light LEDs are a mixture of red blue and green/yellow light, that the human eye sees as white. mixing those colours at the right ratio will give you any colour you want, so in a sense by giving them white light you're giving them all colours. those are the best lights. 

check this out 

without anyone telling me I had my own experience with weed grown under my blurple and the same cuts being grown under my buddies HID lights. the difference was enough to make me think about going over to HID... 

this was when I started doing some deeper research and found that the new tech LEDs such as the samsung and the bridgelux horticulture LEDs are closing in one the production value of the old school HIDs. they're quite pricey when compared to blurples and even some HIDs, but when concidering the running cost, the environmental improvement, the lifespan and the end product the innitial price you pay will be well worth it. 

the reason I asked you what you paid for that light, is because my 300w blurp cost 6k at the time I got it, local brand so I can get it fixed easy and cheap. when researching blurps and doing PAR tests on the lights you'll find that the actual Wattage is significantly less than what is advertised. they blow up the numbers for marketing, but in reality my 300w blurp tests more around 240w.... for 6k .... keep that in mind... 

I built my own LED with samsung horiculture diodes, tests 310w, white light all for less than 4k. 

the design needs for no integrated fans or heat sinks for active cooling, because it's a bar style light and all parts are seperate so it never heats up. I can run the light for 12hrs and wrap my hand around the diodes and keep it there for hours. the heat is so little it's not even something to mention. 

my design also allows for much better focus, coverage and spread, because the whole canopy has diodes everywhere right above it. this and the fact that there's no heat means I can also hang my light a little closer to my plants with less stress and if I want a little less focus and intensity I hang the light right at the top of the tent. 

you can also put a potentiometer on your light to allow you to dim the light. I didn't do this, because I use my light just for flowering. so I need all the powa 💪 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

my conclusions:

- you got a light that can grow your weed

- you going to need more light to light up the whole 1.5x1.5

- avoid blue/purple/red/pink lights in future

my advice: 

- use that blue light for the small tent (blue spectrum is more for vegging, so I don't know how well it will work for flower)

- get into researching some more about LEDs. 

here is a good place to start 🤓 

https://ledgardener.com/ 

The light I built was a step by step guide from this very website. very very very helpfull to those who want the help 🤘

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Hi bud, hope you are well! 

How much did you pay for that light? 

First I wana say I am not an LED master like some of the other forum members on here, but a short story is in order ... 😅

I started out with a blurple light (blue / purple / red / pink) and it served me well for atleast one grow. I had buddies growing with all kinds of tech, the HID light grows still take the trophy for bud profuction, but because of the running costs it has become a thing of the past. LEDs made a wave when they came out with much less running costs and much less heat coming off the lights. Better all around, and for a while horticulturalists thought that having light in specific colours that do certain things for plants will be the best way to grow, but that quickly changed.

the idea behind using a blurple is giving the plant only the essential spectrums it uses during either veg or flower, but what time and countless experiments have shown, is that removing the non essential spectrums you are removing a very important part of what the plant needs. it's sort of like feeding the plant only macro nutrients without any micro nutrients, same concept, but not as diar.

the best light for plants is a full spectrum horticulture light. white light LEDs are a mixture of red blue and green/yellow light, that the human eye sees as white. mixing those colours at the right ratio will give you any colour you want, so in a sense by giving them white light you're giving them all colours. those are the best lights. 

check this out 

without anyone telling me I had my own experience with weed grown under my blurple and the same cuts being grown under my buddies HID lights. the difference was enough to make me think about going over to HID... 

this was when I started doing some deeper research and found that the new tech LEDs such as the samsung and the bridgelux horticulture LEDs are closing in one the production value of the old school HIDs. they're quite pricey when compared to blurples and even some HIDs, but when concidering the running cost, the environmental improvement, the lifespan and the end product the innitial price you pay will be well worth it. 

the reason I asked you what you paid for that light, is because my 300w blurp cost 6k at the time I got it, local brand so I can get it fixed easy and cheap. when researching blurps and doing PAR tests on the lights you'll find that the actual Wattage is significantly less than what is advertised. they blow up the numbers for marketing, but in reality my 300w blurp tests more around 240w.... for 6k .... keep that in mind... 

I built my own LED with samsung horiculture diodes, tests 310w, white light all for less than 4k. 

the design needs for no integrated fans or heat sinks for active cooling, because it's a bar style light and all parts are seperate so it never heats up. I can run the light for 12hrs and wrap my hand around the diodes and keep it there for hours. the heat is so little it's not even something to mention. 

my design also allows for much better focus, coverage and spread, because the whole canopy has diodes everywhere right above it. this and the fact that there's no heat means I can also hang my light a little closer to my plants with less stress and if I want a little less focus and intensity I hang the light right at the top of the tent. 

you can also put a potentiometer on your light to allow you to dim the light. I didn't do this, because I use my light just for flowering. so I need all the powa 💪 

to sum this up 

I got a shitty 240w blurple with false specs and a shitty design that grows very airy weed in a 1x1 for 6k

I built a much much much better 310w white light with an amazing design that can easily light up a whole 1.2x1.2 and grow some golf ball buds for 4k

it's a no brainer, right?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

Can anyone share some light on "lasers" in growing?

Screenshot_20220210-215913_Samsung Internet.jpg

Lol, I have no clue.

However 660nm and 730nm (or UV as quite a few manufacturers refer to it as) are quite common with grow lights now a days.

@Righteoussower A light from 2011, you need to keep in mind that the efficiency and output of the light will decrease over time. It is generally recommended to replace your grow light in 3 to 5 years due to this decrease.

I guess you can think of it like clothing, you have a favorite pair of socks or top which you wear often... Over time it starts to wear down, gets damaged and you end up needing to replace it due to holes. Similar concept with grow lights, while the light may still appear to be bright, the actual PAR output will reduce quite a bit and therefore the efficiency goes down and you end up using the same amount of electricity for less output and your plants will start to notice it as well and growth won't be the same as when the light was new.

I have never seen that light before, but it is basically just COB's which are not very popular anymore and you get far more efficient LED's and therefore grow lights now a days.

In terms of a new or replacement light - you can go the route of building your own if you enjoy that sort of thing or have the knowledge to do it. Not difficult, but not for everyone.

Otherwise you can just buy a good grow light - we have vendors on this forum who offer grow lights and the members can help guide you - most make use of Quantum Boards or bar lights. Both have pros and cons, but end of the day they're very very similar - especially if they both use the common Samsung LM301 LED diode.

I prefer Quantum Boards, however there is no right or wrong between Quantum Boards (QB's) or bar lights, it comes down to what may be better for you and your setup.... With that being said you do get some shitty Quantum Boards and you do get some shitty bar lights.

If you are unsure, ask on the forum and the members can help guide you 🙂 

• Like 2