Yellowing leaves on one of my Clones

wanna be dagga kop

So I should just worry about the middle leaves coming out and it's okay for the bottom ones to be turning yellow? 

The thing I'm worried about is that it becomes stunted and just pointless to grow, I have another clone that is probably twice the size of this one and has been growing really nicely so far. 

The other clone is attached below. 

5 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

As long as the new growth stays green there is nothing to worry about.

IMG_0395.JPG

The one with the yellowing leaves is not a problem, it is not uncommon for some of the older leaves to yellow and sometimes even die and dry up a bit while waiting for cuttings to root.

Once potted up, it can take a few days for the cutting to settle and start establishing its root again and getting nutes - at which point you will notice new growth which should be green and the older leaves will continue to yellow and die. You can cut the old, yellowing leaves off once new growth has started.

The plant does not look stunted, looks as if a lot of new growth is going to be coming soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

The one with the yellowing leaves is not a problem, it is not uncommon for some of the older leaves to yellow and sometimes even die and dry up a bit while waiting for cuttings to root.

Once potted up, it can take a few days for the cutting to settle and start establishing its root again and getting nutes - at which point you will notice new growth which should be green and the older leaves will continue to yellow and die. You can cut the old, yellowing leaves off once new growth has started.

The plant does not look stunted, looks as if a lot of new growth is going to be coming soon!

Thanks for this, it's putting me at ease now 🙌

• Like 1