Project "Alice" - Testing grounds

CG420za

Bakashi compost is wicked strong , that with tea and Epson salts would have given it the kick it needed. How big is your space bud? With proper training you can keep it under control but for now I would maybe hold off on the extra NL . Depends on space and lighting. As a personal preference I also never like to flower a seedling before she is sexually mature but that's me.

Yeah man! And it smells like ass! I just compost veggies though, I'm not convinced that meat and dairy would be good for my plants.

Dimensions I'm not to sure about, but in the first pic you can roughly judge. I plan on LSTing the crap outta her, basically go the length of the cab. I have 3 45w 6500k cfl's in there, 2000 lumens each. Gonna switch out 2 of those for about 6 23w 2700k's when I flower. I'll hold off on the NL's, coz I'd veg her for atleast 2-3 months. By that time I fear Alice would have outgrown that cab.

BTW, I've started a new grow in coco/perlite mix. Popped 4 beans, all sprouted and died 2-3 days later... No idea why, medium was damp. The middle of the stem went thin, the weight of the leaves made it buckle and that's it. Game over. Any ideas?

Your seeds dieing like that is called damping off ,  it is caused by a fungus.

Damping-off

For the lights you have I would keep with what ypu already have and not sprout more.

I actually read up on this last night... So I killed them, swak! Thought it was the new medium.

Game plan now is to see what Alice and her siblings do.

Thanks again GLO :thumbups

@CerealKilla Sorry to hear about the loss! We all learn by our mistakes!

IMO If you dropped that seeds in water for more than 24hrs and watered it shortly after placing the seed in the CCPS then there is a high chance that seedling's roots drowned.

I recommend dropping the seed in water until it sinks, remove it asap. Weigh a jiffy before placing it in water.  Plant the pre-soaked seed in the pre-soaked jiffy and weigh it again.

Thereafter check the weight of the jiffy every day until it reaches about 5 grams more than the "dry weight" that you measured before. That would be the point that you water the jiffy again until the roots just about shows through the jiffy. You will have to check it every couple of hours because root growth is quite rapid at this point.

Once the roots have lightly penetrated the jiffy, then you can plant it into a Styrofoam cup (with holes for drainage) filled with CCPS. That is the process that I used successfully. you can repeat the process of weighing the Styrofoam cup and watering only when the plant is close to dry. :-peace  Hope this helps!

I must say Alice is looking good. She recovered well! :thumbups You should get ready to re-pot her into CCPS.

It's always hard to pin point what strain it is from a bag seed in this country. Your plant is very sativa dominant so you can be pretty sure though that it's either Rooibaard, Swazi, Kwazulu or Durban Poison. Or a mix between any of those.

One thing you can expect is a minimum flowering time of 11-14 weeks so get those patience boots on :-meditate

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a few days, so it's update time. Also, compliments of the season guys!

So yesterday I built a scrog net, the first attempt failed horribly, the second come out fine. So now it's just to wait until the net fills out? Hopefully the other 3 are females also.

IMG_20160108_130242.thumb.jpg.314f5fabc0ebbbed7b969ac662b22649.jpg

IMG_20160107_200333.thumb.jpg.af749d48e3bd267d480c51df2e84dc3b.jpg

IMG_20160107_192517.thumb.jpg.62727a51354c3beefe620da92adbf210.jpg