USA Federal legalization of Cannabis

SkunkPharm

57 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

What would this mean for South Africa?

i rate we are also going in that direction... but it wont be for a while...

we still have to get through large companies trying shut down home cannabis cultivation phase before we get to this phase

1 minute ago, CreX said:

we still have to get through large companies trying shut down home cannabis cultivation phase before we get to this phase

I agree with you to a certain degree. But what counts in our favour is the Con Court ruling. And we are allowed to grow at home. I am sure there will still be licensing for commercial grows or craft grows, standards and so forth. But a legal market is what we want?

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, CreX said:

They wouldn't be able to rescind the Constitutional Court ruling so we got that, what they would try to do is limit max amounts and what is allowed to be transported/consumed in public. 

1 hour ago, SkunkPharm said:

But a legal market is what we want?

I'd rather have regulation paired with decrimalisation. Legalisation means licenses, and those licenses will be expensive. This will prevent those with the knowledge but without the funds to lift themselves up with what they already have. 

Regulation means standards and expectations, like say you can only call something 'AAA' if it meets a certain level of quality, or an expectation that poisonous pesticides may not be used if you intend on selling forth your home grown cannabis. Y'know, general safety and awareness type stuff that you can hold to the grower to respect and facilitate. 

Legalisation has failed in Canada and the majority of cannabis bought and consumes is still via the black market. It'd be the same here if we followed their model. USA already have state laws that allow cannabis to be sold legally to the public, with standards and expectations. Federal legality just means that the grow shops/head shops can finally use credit facilities and not be forced to be completely cash based anymore, which will make the experience much safer for everyone there, and they will be able to sell and transport their cannabis across state borders, so you wouldn't be forced to only sell within your state lines. 

5 minutes ago, 420SA said:

Big pharma has such a stronghold on USA politicians so will be interesting to see how it plays out

I think the reputation of big pharma has taken a bit of a knock in the states especially with all their emergency authorisation to use experimental vaccines and their news media always flipflopping on the efficacy of them. Cannabis products are known to assist greatly with chronic illness and not everyone can or wants to inhale smoke/vape, and consistency with edibles anywhere has always been touch and go. Big pharma could win back some of that reputation with consistent, potent edible cannabis products and I think that's where they will fall into the cannabis market. Raw cannabis will for the most part always be with The People™. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...