Unknown bite marks.

CoolJ

What's up fam! 

Im having some issues with these unknown bite marks on my leaves.

I checked all my plants and cleaned out my tent and can't find any worms(which I suspect) or any big bugs that can do that type of damage. 

I haven't noticed any droppings on leaves either. 

I've tried Pyrol and Eco Buzz Larvae Pro but hasn't seem to help much as I noticed more damage. 

Does anyone have any ideas or possibilities to what it can be or how to treat? 

Thanks! 

IMG_20210623_190554.jpg

IMG_20210623_190548.jpg

IMG_20210609_170247.jpg

IMG_20210609_171547.jpg

IMG_20210608_184749.jpg

13 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

That looks to me, like root damage growth. 

I'd say 100% no pest, if there is one, it's in the soil. 

Added, do you see more damage to the same spot each day, or notice more spots each day, in different areas?

It would say it's different spots each day. I started removing the damage leaves to notice if they spread and it did. The ones I left didn't get bigger "bites" 

23 hours ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

Are they bites?

I dont see bites or well enough to see and be sure, but I have had the same thing happen to me and it was air at the root zone or an issue at the roots, ph, nutes, bug in the soil, or similar. 

I'm not sure if they are or not? I am growing in Coco and Perlite (CannaPro) and using Mega Solutions with Silicon and Amino boost. Ph is always between 5.6-6.0

IMG_20210624_205758.jpg

IMG_20210624_164153.jpg

IMG_20210623_221232.jpg

Edited by CoolJ
Grammar

On 6/23/2021 at 9:32 PM, The_StonedTrooper said:

Are they bites?

I dont see bites or well enough to see and be sure, but I have had the same thing happen to me and it was air at the root zone or an issue at the roots, ph, nutes, bug in the soil, or similar. 

How did you identify air at the root zone and what did you do to fix it? 

I found when potting up, it would happen and to the plants or bags I didnt take care to fill properly and tight, as you then water, the medium sinks and leaves air pockets.

Sometimes in coco, it can happen when the coco isn't fully broken down, rehydrated or a chunk in there causing it hard for nutrients or water to enter or even holding far to much.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

However I have noticed with both coco and soil, when potting up one does need to compact the sides a bit otherwise it does sink a bit after watering and can lead to water channels and the medium does not get fully saturated then.

Very similar to what I was saying, just reverse in a sense and leaves air pockets or uneven watering. 

Like having air pockets, or even similar to like having root damage, from or similar to air pruning but non intentionally, by having air in the mix or uneven watering and dry spots.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1