Running with cannabis

Chris Jay

Saw your attempted hijacking @Heteropyxis and thought of creating a thread about running while high. Its something I have loved doing for zonks. 21km on 400mg in your time is unreal. I am a bush runner and dont do edibles before a run anymore, however my experience many years ago ( 1997 ) was cool and fairly fun. Was asked to take  mate to the airport, on the way, hey here some banana bread, munched two pieces myself. Dropped him off, said bon boyage, got home and decided to go for a run as nothing was kicking in. I ran through rush hour traffic almost in the CBD of JHB, was not very used to space cakes, it felt like I was running on air, my sweat was not touching my skin, but a few millimetres off it. It was a mind f#Ik of note. Loved and hated it. Usually I just go for a bush run ,5 -10km max now after a joint. Nice and sensible.

Just some interesting information about athletes and cannabis. One of my clients and friends from the states was the 2nd biggest donor to the daggaparty.org.za for voting registrations a couple years ago. Heard about the cause and said where do I pay. Top guy, gun and athlete.

Towards the end of last year Myrtle made friends on Facebook with Henry Mngomezulu. Henry is an ultra marathon runner who is HIV positive and uses Dagga to boost his immune system and relax his muscles after strenuous training. He does not smoke the herb but rather uses it in a tea and as an infusion for steaming at the end of a long run.
We were charmed by his stories of traveling to KZN for the Comrades Marathon and to Cape Town for the Two Oceans using his meager resources to follow his dream far from home. Sauce

Edited by Chris Jay
  • Like 2

@Chris Jay the way you felt sounds more trippy to me, more like a psychedelic high compared to cannabis high.

However it seems some people do infact find cannabis to be a bit psychedelic and trippy, I suppose they just have a natural, lower tolerance to it than I do. Quite interesting I find, but similar occurrences are common - everybody reacts to different substances in a different way.

40mg of cannabis will affect one person in a certain way and another person in a completely different way and the same applies to various other substances.

I seldom find cannabis to be energizing, does not rally stimulate me much. However dabs I tend to find more stimulating in terms of the high and when cannabis is mixed with caffeine, the effects are quite different compared to just cannabis or just caffeine by itself. It turns into more of a stimulating high, one where I am able to be more active.

I do not enjoy running in general, I'd much rather cycle than run. Never tried to cycle while high though. Gym and lifting weights while high, that was a joke and a waste of time. The weed made me faaar too lazy and gave me a bit of a "I do not care" attitude where trying to lift heavy weights was a complete waste a time and felt like a lot more effort than usual.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PsyCLown said:

Gym and lifting weights while high, that was a joke and a waste of time. The weed made me faaar too lazy and gave me a bit of a "I do not care" attitude where trying to lift heavy weights was a complete waste a time and felt like a lot more effort than usual.

I am the opposite. I love lifting weights when buzzed, especially if I have an old school rock sound track to accompany it. I find i tend to zone out from lifes interruptions and it helps with the mind/muscle connection.

I believe arnie was a big time stoner when in the gym.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Bakstein420 said:

I am the opposite. I love lifting weights when buzzed, especially if I have an old school rock sound track to accompany it. I find i tend to zone out from lifes interruptions and it helps with the mind/muscle connection.

I believe arnie was a big time stoner when in the gym.

Interesting, just goes to show how everyone is different and how these substances affect us differently.

Weed gets me in a very different zone to where I need to be when I want to lift weights.

• Like 2

Dude, I didn't try jack anything retract your statement.

"LOL! i don't want to  jack this welcome thread. "

You not being serious, a little bit of light humour, new topic?

the way you felt sounds more trippy to me, more like a psychedelic high compared to cannabis high

Yes,agreed. Had some absolute polar results with edibles. My most unique experience was losing co-ordination of my legs only during the day. No high,no buzz. Face planting a keyboard for 10 hours and waking up on the floor after some malawi cookies. What gives!!!

Gym and lifting weights while high, that was a joke and a waste of time.

Waste of time fullstop, high or not. Great day when I walked in as a teen to cancel my contract at the gym.

2 hours ago, Totemic said:

But I make up for with mostly physical labour to keep fit. 

Likewise, when farmers used to sometimes see me run they would say I am obviously not working hard enough. Manual labour on a farm is hard work, I call it FarmFitx. Racking is stretching, carrying water buckets is shoulders, turning compost is waist, upper arms etc.....

• Like 1