Fast Buds Blackberry Auto Outdoor

Grower

I just planted a fastbuds blackberry seed in a 20l Freedom Pot. This will be my first grow.

I have access to both compost and worm castings so I decided to just try make my own soil from the get go. I went for a mixture of compost (there were definitely worms in the compost)and a half cup of worm castings for the bottom third of the pot, then I mixed compost and garden soil for about half the  volume of the pot and I topped it off with 2 cm of sifted garden soil for the seedling to grow in.

I dropped the seed in water over night and planted it as soon as the seed cracked. I've given it half a cup of water (the soil was still a bit moist) now I am just waiting for it to sprout. Temperatures at night is seldom less than 15 degrees and I bring it inside in the evening anyway. During the day (25 degrees today)  I have it standing out in the sun in the morning.

I'm hoping my soil isn't too rich for the young auto. I'll post some photo's if/when it sprouts.

Edited by Grower
typo
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Hopefully the soil isn't too hot, with an autoflower you really want everything to be perfect otherwise yield can be heavily affected.

Not much room for error with an autoflower.

Good luck with the grow and keep us posted on how it goes.

I got 5 more seeds. I'm obviously hoping this one works out, but hopefully I will at least be able to identify some specific things to change next time round if it doesn't. 

I'm still waiting for it to sprout, but I will be sure to start uploading some picks as soon as there is something to look at.

• Like 3

At what point should I be watering this again? I'm a bit scared of over watering. The soil I used did have some moisture content and I did give it another half a glass of water when I planted the seed. I'm thinking I'll wait about another 4 or 5 days before watering again? Is there anything I should be on the lookout for to indicate a lack of water for the seedling? 

8 hours ago, Psylecta said:

Trust me you won't be dissapointed with this strain, you can go ahead and order more seeds so long cause you gonna want more.

If you end up enjoying this take it a step further and grab Black Diamond, its insane!

Thanks for this, I'm currently putting together a shopping cart for my next 3 auto grows. 

• Like 1

Damn, that didn't last long, I went away for a day and returned to find a larvae or worm munching on the last bit of the cotyledons. I think for the next grow I'll start in a jiffy pot. This soil has too many living things for the seedling I reckon. I'm going to go away next week, so I'll probably only germinate next weekend again.

Seeds I have at the moment:

Fast buds: White Widdow

ministry of cannabis: blueberry domina x2

Fast buds: Jack Herer

Fast Buds: Northern lights

Any recommendations on what I should try next? 

• Like 2

On 10/20/2020 at 1:20 AM, Psylecta said:

Trust me you won't be dissapointed with this strain, you can go ahead and order more seeds so long cause you gonna want more.

If you end up enjoying this take it a step further and grab Black Diamond, its insane!

It died :(. I wanted to order some photoperiods as well. So i'll include another one in the order

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Grower said:

It died :(. I wanted to order some photoperiods as well. So i'll include another one in the order

Awww man that sucks bro, I'd suggest going with a photoperiod also, will yield much more than an auto and a photo is easier to grow in my opinion, autos can be finicky have to grow them perfectly cause you only get one shot, photo is more forgiving in that regard

19 hours ago, Psylecta said:

Awww man that sucks bro, I'd suggest going with a photoperiod also, will yield much more than an auto and a photo is easier to grow in my opinion, autos can be finicky have to grow them perfectly cause you only get one shot, photo is more forgiving in that regard

Well, I have some more autos and I'm keen to get it right, so I am going to go ahead and plant another one immediately. I'll order some photoperiods soon and get one going as well.

• Agree 1